It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We All Die: So Why is After-Death Investigation Such a Low Priority?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Let assume these two things:
1. Reincarnation is real.
2. You in the end reap what you seed.

There is a couple of changes that happen to people who assume above:
1. Death becomes nothing to really fear if you have not screwed up and take responsibility of your actions. And if you are experiencing something you do not like and have no real investment in this place you can always leave. This is not a good thing for people who are in the habit of wanting many people to order around and bully thru different power Ponzi schemes.
2. People in power will know that the crap they create they will get back and they do not like that because the suffering they have caused is not nice to experience when the karma rebound appear.

The reason Christianity and Atheism is so nice for insane power hungry people is that they get a free pass to sin however much they want where eastern philosophies give no free pass from my point of view.
edit on 10-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You would like the movie Flatliners. Go find it!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Best source of truth about NDE's is from those who have actually experienced it.

Ian McCormack's is a favorite of mine because of the fact that it contains so much knowledge about life after death.

Ian was night diving off the island of Mauritius when he was stung multiple times by Box Jellyfish, which are among the most venomous creatures in the world. His testimony relates how he clung to life while getting to hospital, was declared clinically dead soon afterwards, and how during this time he had an encounter with Jesus, which radically changed the direction of his life. Link

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

shouldn't that investigation take precedent over EVERYTHING - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, why not use that money and resources to do something good in the world. Why do you people worry so much about death...worry about your life RIGHT NOW. While you still have it....

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Because it's better to believe that there might be something afterward than to KNOW that there is nothing. it is better to believe that those you love who have died are looking down on you than it is to know that they are gone forever. there is a chance we could find out there is an afterlife, but the far more likely conclusion to such a study is that we face nothing but oblivion.

Civilization is nothing but the striving for immortality. Why would we look at something that is likely to tell us that we are naught but dust in the wind?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So in essence you are asking why don't the people with money investigate after-death?

Why, if they were to prove their was a better after-life, many would leave this plane. And you can't instill fear to control people, if they believe something better waits for them elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I feel some things aren't meant to be known, really. Like those before me have said, say that the after-life were to have been discovered as being a far better "place" than the current realm we are in now, I fear that many people would die for this experience, which defeats the purpose of our journey within the physical realm or on this planet we are on.

However, I seem to think that death is simply an OOBE experience, except we eventually enter a new body "container", as one of the critical laws of thermodynamics states that energy and matter are neither created nor destroyed.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
because theres no way to actually study it

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: NowanKenubi
And you can't instill fear to control people, if they believe something better waits for them elsewhere.

That's not entirely accurate....

Islamic fundamentalists control their recruits and mould them into suicide bombers or other jihadi wannabes by telling them exactly that, getting them to perform acts of terror in return for an eternity in paradise and 72 Virgins - likewise, during the Crusades, vast armies of soldiers were recruited from around Christendom to march on the Holy land in the belief that doing so would guarantee them entrance to heaven.

It's all very well believing in TPTB "controlling and manipulating" us, in whatever guise tickles your fancy, but at least apply some logic to what you say before you say it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace

You would like the movie Flatliners. Go find it!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
There are a few people in here who have hit the nail on the head. It's a question mainly of fear of death and religion. Both things are control mechanisms instilled upon us to keep us in line. They need to keep those control mechanisms in place to keep us afraid and in our place as little worker drones.

And as for science and proving the existence of an after-life, they will never let that happen. They choose which areas of re-search and development get funding, Which are thrown into the lime light and which are tossed back into the shadows to sit on a shelf forever. They're not about to start funding research and technology development that will potential throw their control system into the wind. Proof and evidence are things that can be bought and sold in the scientific community from on high. I love science and have a heavy interest in chemistry myself, but the industry is just a tool that decides for all of us what is real and what isn't and after all how could you question it. And I'm not saying that nothing legitimate comes out of that industry because that isn't true. It's just heavily controlled according to tptb agenda.

But, there are plenty of people out there who know the truth from experience. I myself have had a NDE. I know the soul exists. I know past lives exist. And there's so much more going on that we can learn about if we look inside ourselves and do a little work. A little spiritual development within ourselves, discover our higher selves. And once we all find out that we're not going to burn in hell for eternity for fighting back against their oppression. They they'll have something to be afraid of. And that is, us no longer living in fear and ignorance.
edit on 11-6-2014 by CallmeRaskolnikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Religious belief. If you want a simple answer.

Most religions believe that they have it all figured out: You die and your soul goes to a good place, if you've followed the rules, or a bad place if you haven't followed the rules.

So if scientists tried to figure this out, they would be treading on some seriously deep religious waters.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I believe it's a good idea, and one I'd be happy for my government to spend some of my hard earned taxes on. A heads up before we get there would not go a stray. Science is still leaping forward more and more every day, if it was pointed in this direction I'm sure they would be releasing 'breakthrough' news just like they do with every other scientific field studied.
Confirmation of hell, scientifically, would turn this sh*tty world into a heaven before you'd know it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why doesn't mankind make it our HIGHEST/#1 priority to solve the mystery of what happens to the human spirit after we draw our last breath?

Perhaps there are some in unfathomable positions within Existence who don't want these secrets shared with the SLEEPING...
Why @ the same time "OTHERS" do and may have even tried to convey information found in religion/science data that has been written off as myth fantasy, and so our current situation @ hand.

Good question OP it does make sense

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The churches don't want us to.
Really, it seems to be a taboo, even thinking about making experiments at the time of death seems.. problematic.

Therefore, there might be something very interesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

ummm... what? You die. You decompose back into the soil or are turned to ash.

I know it gives hope to think consciousness is somehow disconnected from the body, and that these bodies are just a temporary vessel, but really, burden of proof can never be fulfilled to determine otherwise. It is the equivalent of attempting to do a population census for a parallel universe.
edit on 11-6-2014 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I'm not sure why anyone thinks we can solve that mystery and as curious as it is, though - surely it's a futile effort?

How old is humanity and we are still lost in utter confusion. I'm actually slightly stunned at the arrogance some have to think we should have the answer without our heads exploding.

We are teeny, tiny little sparks of life - isn't that good enough for us?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
SCIENCE-
In physics, the law of conservation of energy states that the total energy of an isolated system cannot change—it is said to be conserved over time. Energy can be neither created nor destroyed, but can change form, for instance chemical energy can be converted to kinetic energy in the explosion of a stick of dynamite.
Bioelectromagnetics, also known as bioelectromagnetism, is the study of the interaction between electromagnetic fields and biological entities. Areas of study include electrical or electromagnetic fields produced by living cells, tissues or organisms; for example, the cell membrane potential and the electric currents that flow in nerves and muscles, as a result of action potentials.

Electricity is the set of physical phenomena associated with the presence and flow of electric charge. Electricity gives a wide variety of well-known effects, such as lightning, static electricity, electromagnetic induction and electrical current. In addition, electricity permits the creation and reception of electromagnetic radiation such as radio waves.
In electricity, charges produce electromagnetic fields which act on other charges. Electricity occurs due to several types of physics:
• electric charge: a property of some subatomic particles, which determines their electromagnetic interactions. Electrically charged matter is influenced by, and produces, electromagnetic fields.
• electric field (see electrostatics): an especially simple type of electromagnetic field produced by an electric charge even when it is not moving (i.e., there is no electric current). The electric field produces a force on other charges in its vicinity.
• electric potential: the capacity of an electric field to do work on an electric charge, typically measured in volts.
• electric current: a movement or flow of electrically charged particles, typically measured in amperes.
• electromagnets: Moving charges produce a magnetic field. Electrical currents generate magnetic fields, and changing magnetic fields generate electrical currents.
In electrical engineering, electricity is used for:
• electric power where electric current is used to energise equipment;
• electronics which deals with electrical circuits that involve active electrical components such as vacuum tubes, transistors, diodes and integrated circuits, and associated passive interconnection technologies.
Electrical phenomena have been studied since antiquity, though progress in theoretical understanding remained slow until the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Even then, practical applications for electricity were few, and it would not be until the late nineteenth century that engineers were able to put it to industrial and residential use. The rapid expansion in electrical technology at this time transformed industry and society. Electricity's extraordinary versatility means it can be put to an almost limitless set of applications which include transport, heating, lighting, communications, and computation. Electrical power is now the backbone of modern industrial society.[1]
Electricity is the set of physical phenomena associated with the presence and flow of electric charge. Electricity gives a wide variety of well-known effects, such as lightning, static electricity, electromagnetic induction and electrical current. In addition, electricity permits the creation and reception of electromagnetic radiation such as radio waves.
In electricity, charges produce electromagnetic fields which act on other charges. Electricity occurs due to several types of physics:
• electric charge: a property of some subatomic particles, which determines their electromagnetic interactions. Electrically charged matter is influenced by, and produces, electromagnetic fields.
• electric field (see electrostatics): an especially simple type of electromagnetic field produced by an electric charge even when it is not moving (i.e., there is no electric current). The electric field produces a force on other charges in its vicinity.
• electric potential: the capacity of an electric field to do work on an electric charge, typically measured in volts.
• electric current: a movement or flow of electrically charged particles, typically measured in amperes.
• electromagnets: Moving charges produce a magnetic field. Electrical currents generate magnetic fields, and changing magnetic fields generate electrical currents.
In electrical engineering, electricity is used for:
• electric power where electric current is used to energise equipment;
• electronics which deals with electrical circuits that involve active electrical components such as vacuum tubes, transistors, diodes and integrated circuits, and associated passive interconnection technologies.
Electrical phenomena have been studied since antiquity, though progress in theoretical understanding remained slow until the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. Even then, practical applications for electricity were few, and it would not be until the late nineteenth century that engineers were able to put it to industrial and residential use. The rapid expansion in electrical technology at this time transformed industry and society. Electricity's extraordinary versatility means it can be put to an almost limitless set of applications which include transport, heating, lighting, communications, and computation. Electrical power is now the backbone of modern industrial society.[1]

RELIGION
The soul, in many religious, philosophical, psychological, and mythological traditions, is the incorporeal and, in many conceptions, immortal essence of a person or living thing.[1] According to the Abrahamic religions in most of their forms, souls — or at least immortal souls — belong only to human beings. For example, the Catholic theologian Thomas Aquinas attributed "soul"(anima) to all organisms but taught that only human souls are immortal.[2]
Other religions (most notably Jainism and Hinduism) teach that all biological organisms have souls, and others teach that even non-biological entities (such as rivers and mountains) possess souls. This latter belief is called animism.[3] Greek philosophers such as Socrates, Plato and Aristotle understood the psyche (ψυχή) to be crowned with the logical faculty, the exercise of which was the most divine of human actions. At his defense trial, Socrates even summarized his teachings as nothing other than an exhortation for his fellow Athenians to firstly excel in matters of the psyche since all bodily goods are dependent on such excellence (The Apology 30a-b). Anima mundi is the concept of a "world soul."

It seems your Environment suits (bodies) based on current environmental location 3d EA*RTH may alter depending on where your Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy goes / transitions after this phase of life (within the phases of life and death within EXISTENCE) is completed and how well it has been Enhanced possibly from positive-negative activities done within the environment-suits present here that generate all that electrical-electromagnetic ENERGY...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
For some of the most fascinating documented communications with spirits, you may want to download this FREE book.

"Heaven and Hell" by Allan Kardec
download: www.oconsolador.com.br...

This is the book that convinced me NOT to take my own life (i.e. suicide).

edit on 11-6-2014 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Why doesn't mankind make it our HIGHEST/#1 priority to solve the mystery of what happens to the human spirit after we draw our last breath?

We have been. This is what religion has been trying to do for many millenniums. Science is trying to do this as well, but we haven't progressed technologically enough to fully explore this realm.

Considering that we're all going die and spend unlimited time somewhere, shouldn't that investigation take precedent over EVERYTHING, except matters that pertain to relieving human suffering?

This is an assumption. We don't know if we will spend eternity in a different place once we die. Reincarnation could also be true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join