It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Majority Leader Cantor defeated in primary

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I've always hated cantor, and I thought I'd get joy from watching his going away speech, but it only made me dislike him more.

He made it a point to say conservatives need to stick together to fight the real enemy on the left.

Maybe it's to much to ask, but shouldn't their focus be on helping their constituents?

Most going away speeches try to present something positive, but not cantor, one of his final acts was encouraging people to stay divided by party politics.

edit on 06am10am302014-06-12T10:44:18-05:0010America/Chicago by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

Most going away speeches try to present something positive, but not cantor, one of his final acts was encouraging people to stay focused on division and party politics.

Cantor is a snake in the grass weasel, but he isn't going away, I don't think so...............

Now, he's perfectly poised and free to run for President in 2016! Nothing would surprise me.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Most going away speeches try to present something positive, but not cantor, one of his final acts was encouraging people to stay focused on division and party politics.

Cantor is a snake in the grass weasel, but he isn't going away, I don't think so...............

Now, he's perfectly poised and free to run for President in 2016! Nothing would surprise me.

If he isn't in office, i expect to see him take a job as a lobbyist. He won't go away, but I'll take what i can.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No doubt Cantor's heart and Corporate America beat as one, but I think he has tasted fame and has aspirations of glory and power. I don't think Cantor would be happy working in the shadows. But who knows.........

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
How sad is this thread? I'm so happy my fellow Virginians took a step in the right direction by dumping this bought and paid for flip flopper, but hardly anybody around here even seems to get it. This needs to happen across the entire nation, all these career politicians that have forgotten why they are even in Washington should be shaking in their boots right now. Just as I feared though, the party of (D)enial still won't admit their guys are just as much to blame and take out their own trash. Until there is massive turnover in all levels of politics we're in for more of the same.
edit on 12-6-2014 by EverydayInVA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

You'd think by reading the responses here that the tea party was all about punishing homosexuality. Go to a tea party rally and finding mentions of how terrible homosexuality is would be difficult. Yet you read the responses here and you'd think that is their big issue. I think we all know based on the responses that the race card has fallen flat against the tea party as they are not any more or less racist than any other organization... including Democrats. Of course the Democrats were the party of the KKK and the Republicans were the party of civil rights for blacks, so expectations should be set exactly opposite.

The "tea party" is a reference to the Boston Tea Party which was a rejection of excessive taxes. So, I'd say if you're going to take a dump on the tea party, then maybe focus on their major issue... excessive taxes. I wonder what taxes were when we Americans last revolted... 5% of GDP? And now they are what 35% of GDP?
edit on 12-6-2014 by wayforward because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

eh; once again nixon, southern strategy, tl;dr.jpg.png.gif.exe.tar.gz....

Otherwise I see one snake traded for another, and congress will continue to do absolutely nothing at all, ever, as it's basically deadlocked, and will remain so probably for the forseeable future.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join