It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Majority Leader Cantor defeated in primary

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

Not Ron Paul, but he got the shaft. He was the real Tea Party.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

That is true. That will last until the constituents change in the next few years.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Great news. I hope this is a start and that people realize that the long term congressmen from both parties are all crooks. it's the republicans and democrats. I really hope we can get past the partisan crap and really see that!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm not familiar with Virginia politics but is it possible that Cantor runs as an Independent?

I've watched that weasel Charlie Crist attempt to do the same in Florida until he finally settled on becoming a Democrat so he can beat Rick Scott in November.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Good riddence !

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: wills120
I'm not familiar with Virginia politics but is it possible that Cantor runs as an Independent?

I've watched that weasel Charlie Crist attempt to do the same in Florida until he finally settled on becoming a Democrat so he can beat Rick Scott in November.

I was wondering the same thing. Is there anything in Virginia law to prevent it?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

one must wonder...

the 'tea party' under It's original business-model does not exist -- the Democraps took it over...

perhaps the real driving force in that primary election is the (behind-the-scenes) Chicago model of fraudulent Vote generation to get rid of the viable competition....
a realistic Investigation needs launched &/or a truly accurate/honest voting poll needs to be conducted
and try-to-determine the actual vote that ousted the (near) conservative to a 'Packaged' usurper with a 'better' conservative profile ;

Usurper - Wikipedia
A usurper is an illegitimate or controversial claimant to power, often but not always in a monarchy. This may include a person who succeeds in establishing himself ...

watch for meta-distractions & falsehoods disguised as truth... these cons got it down-to-an-Art... al' a NAZIs

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
This is good news...looks like the Democrats will take back that seat in November.

This isn't good news. If people weren't such political cheerleaders they would see that it doesn't matter which party is in control. Whether democrat or republican the lobbiest/ large corporations always win and get their way.

Don't be part of the problem and allow yourself to get diverted into the wrong fight.

Its not individual republicans versus individual democrats.

Its individual republicans and individual democrats versus: the lobbying power house (GOP and DNC backed candidates,lobbyist,Large corporations and special interest groups.)

Until people wake up and notice that its the lobbyist that are running and ruining this country it will continue to get worse for the everyday folks and better for the corporations .

edit on 39630America/ChicagoWed, 11 Jun 2014 14:39:08 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: wills120

Looks like he cannot but he could run as a write-in candidate.

Virginia law prohibits Cantor from running as an independent, but he can run as a write-in candidate, a strategy that worked for Sen. Lisa Murkowski in 2010 after she lost the Alaska Republican primary.
National Journal

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

When he announced his stepping down today. He also claimed he's not going to run as a write-in candidate...

Des

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I beg to disagree. It is good news, as Dave Brat is not a career politician. He's a down to earth, knock on your door and actually spend time talking to you, man.

Also, the Tea Party did not contribute any money to his campaign, wouldn't even return his phone calls LOL

He ran a clean feet on the ground campaign with small donations and his own money.

We need more people like him to step up to the plate for the jobs of service to people.

Des

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
I don't know if one or the other will make any difference at all. I'd rather see a normal working person run and get it because then the lobbyists wouldn't own all of them.

On the contrary, a normal working person that was making $70k/year or whatever a university professor makes is far more vulnerable to taking bribes of a new house, a random $500k, and so on. That's not to say everyone that's elected should be rich and well off but the non rich are far more vulnerable to bribes.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
HAHA! So Brat won the election because he hates immigrants more than Cantor hates immigrants, and hating immigrants seems to be the winning issue these days, even over squashing women's rights!

And now, we have Ted Cruz, a Tea Party darling who just happens to be a Canadian immigrant born to Cuban immigrant parents who will now champion the Republican ANTI-IMMIGRANT platform!

I can't wait for the rest of the show!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

So Brat won the election because he hates immigrants

Why on earth would you say that? Just because he doesn't want amnesty given to the 11 million plus in our country illegally doesn't mean he "hates" immigrants. That sounds just like the name calling over in the UK by the conservative and labour parties against UKIP. Right before UKIP turned the elections upside down.

Wanting to put your country and its citizens first is a patriotic and honorable position to take.
edit on 901pm2222pm32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

You don't think his ousting was a statement against his (not so) conservative stance on immigration reform? It seems Cantor was "not conservative enough" when it came to Immigration Reform.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

I hope you are right and he actually cares. I don't know much about him and I don't know where his money source is coming from to make any decisions yet as whether this is a good thing or more of the same.

However My point to the previous poster was more in regards to: going with a GOP or DNC backed candidate is really not in any ones best interest but the lobbyist.

Also, the Tea Party did not contribute any money to his campaign, wouldn't even return his phone calls LOL

Thats good news in my book. I think the Tea Party has been highjacked by the GOP and used as a tool of diversion ever since Michelle Bachmann tried to associate herself as their ring leader.
edit on 55630America/ChicagoWed, 11 Jun 2014 15:55:43 -0500up3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Great news!!!! The only way any positive change is going to occur in this country in to clean the crooks out of the House & Senate. The VA primary has been a nice baby step in this direction.

Let's see more of these upsets, America!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeddHead

Great news!!!! The only way any positive change is going to occur in this country in to clean the crooks out of the House & Senate. The VA primary has been a nice baby step in this direction.

Let's see more of these upsets, America!

I'm as happy as the next person that someone proved it's possible to win an election despite a huge financial difference. I hope his campaign becomes a model for the future.

I however am not happy with the person who got elected. People who have plans to "kick out" the immigrants and instill morality according to their God across the country make me nervous.

Besides that no where in his platform does he propose a single solution, all he does is say what we're currently doing is broken. Leaders without ideas aren't very good leaders.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Is this the Revolution?? Lol. If we can get some more of these vile-beasts out and some newer blood in, maybe just maybe we can fix this mess, still leaning towards not though.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Just when you have lost all faith in the electorate to vote their conscience, they blow a multi-term incumbent into the tall grass. Cantor spent a reported $5 million on this PRIMARY and STILL got stomped.

Good start. Now get rid of the rest of the "career" incumbents who have obviously completely lost the plot and have no ideas on how to get things back on track.

Ignore party loyalties and "Strategic Voting"...Left or Right; if they have had more than a few terms get them out, they dont know what they are doing. They are obviously more focused on re-election than doing the right thing.

Fresh start.

RESURGO!!
edit on 12-6-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join