It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Majority Leader Cantor defeated in primary

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Because throwing out the experienced people who actually understand politics is a game of give and take, and know how to write legislation (even though they usually don't read it...) is a good thing right? Very conservative idea of yours to just get rid of them all.

Now apply that to laws. That's part of the reason why legislation these days is so poor. It has to cater to extreme ideologues in both parties.

Throw them all out. Yep that's what we need, the status quo and career politicians ALL need to become unemployed. As far as "writing legislation" please give me a break. We have so much legislation and laws now it would take multiple lifetimes just to count it. We need less, not more. Smaller government, get it?

WASHINGTON—For decades, the task of counting the total number of federal criminal laws has bedeviled lawyers, academics and government officials. "You will have died and resurrected three times," and still be trying to figure out the answer, said Ronald Gainer, a retired Justice Department official.
WSJ - Many Failed Efforts to Count Nation's Federal Criminal Laws

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: BubbaJoe

No the "right" will only hurt minorities, women's reproductive choices, and the poor, good try. Founding fathers, constitution, bill of rights, blacks are only 3/5ths, women were nothing, campaign on that why don't ya, and all of America will see where your heart lies.

All B.S.

We are talking about TODAY, not 200 years ago
[shakes head and twists neck]

They will back the enforcement of laws and the Constitution.

That includes all of your above.

All citizens will benefit without the Central Committee.

Sorry Komrade.

No not BS, your whole Libertarian/Rand Paul/Rebublican is BS. But you and your ilk will whole heartedley support documents from 200 years ago that exempted everyone but wealthy land owners, own up to it. Name one signer of the constistution that wasn't a wealthy, WHITE, landowner. You guys brag about this crap, but you do not believe in equality for anyone, that doesn't look, or act like you. 2nd Amendment all the way, even though we have never read it, damn it, if only we could read.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
Throw them all out. Yep that's what we need, the status quo and career politicians ALL need to become unemployed. As far as "writing legislation" please give me a break. We have so much legislation and laws now it would take multiple lifetimes just to count it. We need less, not more. Smaller government, get it?

Career politicians are a good thing. Career politicians don't cave to special interests in order to line up their next job.

As for the number of laws, it's because they're trying to look like they're doing something... again because of the sentiment that we need to throw them out. Look at Dodd-Frank, it's over 9000 pages and the bill it replaced was a page and a half.

The amount of legislation passed isn't the problem, it's that none of it is focused. Bills can be written in one to two pages, something complicated should take 5. What is passed shouldn't be thousands of pages, no one has the time to read that.

If you want to fix something, fix that.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Very pleased here, considering I reside in Virginia... Toss out the establishment... send some new folks in...

Virginia isn't afraid to mix it up via the ballot box....

How about the rest of the 50 states?

Votes DO COUNT.... Surprise.... get on with it...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I am honestly asking a question here.

What legislation (good) has any of the Tea Party members passed for the country?

I have always considered the Tea Party as just another brand of the GOP. Sort of how the democratic party has liberals the GOP has Tea Partiers or extreme right.

I haven't really kept up with the party members legislative accomplishments so if anyone knows of any it would be interesting to see. Maybe my opinion of the figureheads would change then.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

The "Far Right" has never been in power.

How could "They" have ever done any damage in the past?

Don't fall for the ultra-Left propaganda and brainwashing.

The ones "hurting" people and "removing regulations" are not true Conservatives.

In fact they may very well be Left Wing infiltrators. They have been "working" the system for decades.

I bet those true-blue Liberals all make big money on "removing regulations".

Just add up your true-bluers (Federal, State, Local) net worths.

Big thieves beyond belief !!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

All I can give is my opinion... Tea Party arose out of frustration with our elected... TEA = TAxed enough Already....

The party had a great groundswell... huge appearance in DC.... ridiculed by both established parties in hopes of stifling their voice... didn't work...

Plan B, have one Republican party absorb the TEA effort so as to retain the established DEM-REP BS that has worked for decades....if not over a century...

Now the TEA folks were part of one side of the 2 sided option... worked to derail Herman Cain's run when he was polling higher than what TPTB wanted for a REP candidate...

Rambling LOL... this is a good sign for the folks..... IMO..... your vote counts, and if you are tired of status quo? Send someone else to DC... it's time to clean house and this is a great example...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

What legislation (good) has any of the Tea Party members passed for the country?

I have always considered the Tea Party as just another brand of the GOP. Sort of how the democratic party has liberals the GOP has Tea Partiers or extreme right.

I haven't really kept up with the party members legislative accomplishments so if anyone knows of any it would be interesting to see. Maybe my opinion of the figureheads would change then.

Their biggest accomplishment is Ted Cruz nearly starting another worldwide financial crisis by attempting to not raise the US's debt ceiling (which is a completely absurd concept in the first place).

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: govmule

The Kochs were instrumental in the creation and are in control of both the Tea Party AND the DLC. You are being played.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

When have they ever been in enough power to pass legislation in both Chambers of Congress and have a President sign it ?

Puzzling.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Brat is not an extremist...far from it. He believes in our Constitution, free market for people, less taxes, and government getting out of everything we do. If you call that extreme, then I don't know what to say to you.

Des

They use to call that classic liberalism.

and he's 'extreme' !

LOL.

(post by BubbaJoe removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: LeatherNLace

I talk to about 2,000 people every single weekend at the farmer's market. A lot of disillusioned Dems are telling me they are not going to vote with their party this year. They feel like their party is not representing them anymore.

I think you may be in for bit of a shock as the backlash of the Gitmo 5 sinks in. People are not happy campers. Unhappy campers tend to change campgrounds.

Des

Stupid people that just vote party are the biggest problem with the system. They should vote for the person who is promoting what they want their congressperson to do. Of course this means getting off their lazy butt and do some research.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Everyone will understand how this happen when they see how easily Brat is beaten in the election by the Dem.

This was no fluke, this should really open people's eye's unless there all listening to the talk show shills...IMO

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

Yeah I had hope for the party at its inception but then it was quickly infiltrated and assimilated. I honestly cant distinguish them from the rest of the GOP except they seem to be louder on issues like abortion or gay rights.

I was just curious to see if any of them had passed any legislation worth a hoot in the time they have had. I can't even name any legislation they have tried to pass/introduced.

I do remember Ted Cruz. I can't say that I am happy about his grandstanding either because my 401K took a hell of a dive due to it.

Well it should be interesting to see if they can accomplish anything now that they have someone in the hierarchy.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline

It's A house seat... in a realigned district... Cantor used to be in my voting district til a couple of years ago...

I don't see a loss for Brat, haven't seen who would be the opposing candidate yet, but will say this..

The more fresh blood our country sends to DC next spring, the closer we are to getting back a govt that does the peoples work, and not what we have seen for quite a few years...

Throw them all out!!!! Virginia has led the charge.... who will follow?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Really am too young to remember the Reagon years, you sir are nothing more than a neo-con troll. Your sense of right will never come true in this world. If it does, I hope I am gone, but then I am sure I am far younger than you, and you will leave this world long before I.
UUoooooo that breaks my heart !!

This "victory" isn't a guarantee of a seat in Congress.

The guy still has to win in November.

But I understand the feeling of ice forming on the back of your neck and I understand the numb feeling in the teeth when you bite into an icy cold popsickle on a hot day.

Panik Incorporated indeed !!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
When have they ever been in enough power to pass legislation in both Chambers of Congress and have a President sign it ?

Puzzling.

The last time the Republicans had a super majority as well as a president to go along with it was 2004. The fallout and disgust from that act not only got Obama elected based on empty promises but created the Tea Party and OWS (both were the same thing until the political parties hijacked them).

I really liked what the TP stood for originally, what it stands for now is something else entirely. It's now just an extreme arm of the Republican party that is so far right that Reagan (the guy who brought conservatism to national politics) is to the far left of them.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

SM2

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Well the first problem is, in order for our system to work optimally, it REQUIRES an informed electorate. Sadly, that can not describe the majority of people these days.. it's all teabagger this, extremist that, Obama is the messiah blah blah blah. If people would actually do their own research instead of taking what Rachel Madcow, Rush Limbaugh, and all the other bloviating useless meatbags on tv and radio told them as gospel, we could then get somewhere. Until people actually look at thing from a neutral perspective we will continue to have this crap we have now.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I really liked what the TP stood for originally, what it stands for now is something else entirely.

Please support that and back it up with facts. Here's what the Tea Party stands for. Tell us what you disagree with.

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged.

Tea Party Core Beliefs

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join