It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Execute Capital Punishment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Incomprehensible evil runs this world, and the fruit is all around us, and on a global scale.

No need for any of it No banks, no money, land for all, earthship homes, recycled even and they recycle water, create their own energy, grow their own aquaponic food year round.

Fishing in the Phoenix Earthship

Everyone fits in LA, shoulder to shoulder There simply is no need for any of this crapola

But its incredible the levels of agony humans and nature are going through, infants and babies

I've known what is running this world since I was a child, could look and see and know, only demons would do this.

My grandmother knew, and she didn't go to conspiracy forums, nor was she a fundamentalist Nah, she said, maybe Christ was an ET! And yet she smashed dishes around after every news show and talked about the satanists making the movies and running the world

Its right in front of you.

Given the circumstances of who is in power, do not allow them to harm your people or execute them

They'd set anyone up to cover their own crimes.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

First of all, I disagree with capital punishment. I am opposed to it, but on the flip side of that coin, I think that when someone is given life in prison, it should be for their life. Life should not give you parole, like in California, where you can get convicted to life imprisonment, but you can get a parole hearing in six or seven years. Life should be life. The reason I oppose the death penalty is, and I've said it a thousand times, if you put one innocent person to death, it doesn't make up for the 99 guilty ones you did. You don't solve crimes by killing people. That's part of being civilized: you don't kill. And if you have a society that puts people to death -- no matter what they've done -- somebody has to pull the switch. And how is that somebody relieved of that? It's like when we did an "Off the Grid" episode on who is more powerful the U.S. Government or God? The U.S. Government can send you out to kill, and there's no repercussions from it, so clearly, they're more powerful than God. God tells you, “thou shall not kill,” but there must be an asterisk there that says, “Except when you're doing it for the government, then it's okay.” But it doesn't! And this is the same thing. Killing to punish for killing just causes another killing to happen, then killing becomes normal. And I don't think killing should ever become normal. So, again, life should be life, but I don't agree with the death penalty, and I will NEVER agree with it.
You put people in prison to keep society safe from them. And that's part of what you have to pay for. I guess a lot of people would say, “I'd rather keep my money and just kill them.” But again, it comes back to: who pulls the switch? And how does that person get off the hook? Just because they say it's okay? It's like the hangman. He puts the rope around the neck, pulls the switch, and hangs the guy. Yet, he's not a killer? And it's also premeditated, isn't it? So it comes back to the old saying, it's okay for government to kill, but it's not okay for you or me.
We have far too many people incarcerated for nonviolent crimes. Rather than putting drug offenders in prison, let's put child molesters in prison. Simple as that.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It's a continuing source of bemusement to me that so many people on a site virtually thriving on anti government sentiment can be pro capital punishment. I don't trust the government to generate an accurate property tax document. No way I concede the power of life and death to them. Not even with (haha) due process. Ever been on a jury? Scary stuff, man.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: motthoople
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

What botched execution? The guy died right, seems to have worked perfectly to me. Good riddance murderer.

Not the point. I agree with Mr. Ventura, 99 rightful executions do not make up for one wrongful execution. Not to mention that execution is the easy way out. If you want them to suffer, throw away the key and let them rot.

Agree, but I would even say that 100,000 rightful executions do not make up for even 1 wrongful one.

One wrongful death execution means that the system failed completely.
Some really bad ones like Dahmer ended up being executed by inmates, but I would think justice was served somewhat in that case anyways.

edit on 24-6-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I'm on that same train with you, I just think killing to get rid of a killer is a red faced contradiction as well,

And also I would think that if people were all for the death penalty, then that makes them an accessory or a co conspirator in killing.
I am pretty darn sure there exists some kind of accountability in the end somewhere for everything people do, so it is better to understand what any form of killing really means. (the usual is people just shrugging their shoulders when someone, even criminals die, which reflects poorly on the entire planet that people haven't progressed beyond this. I would guess it may not ever happen sadly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join