It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Execute Capital Punishment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
After the horrific details of a botched lethal injection in Ohio hit the news, Jesse Ventura decided it was time to take on the death penalty.
In this #OffTheGrid clip, Jesse Ventura lays out his views about the death penalty versus a life in prison conviction. Should we continue executing people if we aren't absolutely certain about their guilt?

Can the United States really consider itself the Protector of the Free World when it ranks fifth in executions per year? Watch the Governor put capital punishment on trial in this #OffTheGrid episode. What do you think, should we execute the death penalty?

Got a question for Jesse about the episode or his views on capital punishment? Ask him here! He's already started checking out the forum and answering some questions.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

What botched execution? The guy died right, seems to have worked perfectly to me. Good riddance murderer.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: motthoople

What botched execution? The guy died right, seems to have worked perfectly to me. Good riddance murderer.

Not the point. I agree with Mr. Ventura, 99 rightful executions do not make up for one wrongful execution. Not to mention that execution is the easy way out. If you want them to suffer, throw away the key and let them rot.
edit on 10-6-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here's an idea...

In ANY case where the inmate has been found guilty and sentenced to death... a neutral state sends investigators to verify the facts and ensure that there has been no prosecutorial shenanigans. The investigators at that time will have the option of re-opening the case if there is cause for doubt of culpability.

It is a heavy burden (or should be) to sentence any one to death... at least make sure that the sentence is absolutely just before it is carried out.
edit on 10-6-2014 by madmac5150 because: What difference does it make

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

and let us continue to pay for them to live in prison?

Our prisons are so over crowded right now with bullcrap convictions, making felonies out of the most ridiculous "crimes" why dont we try to fix THAT first before we move on to trying to fix Capital Punishment

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Our prisons are so over crowded right now with bullcrap convictions, making felonies out of the most ridiculous "crimes" why dont we try to fix THAT first before we move on to trying to fix Capital Punishment

Sounds like a question for Mr. Ventura.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Haha indeed.........

I agree with the premise that one innocent life is not worth 1000 of the others.......

At the same time, im willing to admit, I dont have the answer honestly......morality, justice.....its a very hard subject ....

I do know that the system is broken......I do know that people are doing hard time and coming out as felons for crimes that are exceedingly ridiculous.......

The first step to solving BOTH problems, is to stop making the process of Crime and subsequent Punishment, big business and another avenue to reap huge revenues............
edit on 6/10/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Can't we just send our murderer's and rapists to Mexico?

They send theirs here....

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I don't know much about this subject but aren't there programs that put inmates to work? If not, maybe there should be. In this way they're doing their part to pay for their food and cells. Just a thought.
edit on 10-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I don't know much about this subject but aren't there programs that put inmates to work? If not, maybe there should be. In this way they're doing their part to pay for their food and cells. Just a thought.

There are indeed, quite a few actually, but mostly this is done as a boon to the state because its basically sweat shop labor. It's a cheap way for the state to get goods produced.

Im not saying that time in prison should be easy by any means, my god they have it better then a lot of free people out among the public....

this still turns into a source of good revenue for the Penal system.

I believe that since these sort of programs ARE implemented in some areas, that more of the funds FROM said labor should be used to offset the cost of the upkeep of the inmates and not so much lining the pockets of those higher up.
edit on 6/10/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I believe that you also answered your own question you asked above, at least to some degree.

If the money from working inmates was used to help pay for those inmates rather than to line the pockets of the Prison Industry then the amount required to house inmates instead of killing them wouldn't be such a burden and therefor not be such an issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: motthoople

Seems to me, there are plenty of murderers still living, fabulously well known too, and get this, they walk the streets!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

If you want them to suffer, throw away the key and let them rot.

While you may have a "wonderful" idea that people in prison suffer, I have to say that it is quite the opposite.

Once you are institutionalized, you know no difference.

Three meals a day, cable tv, medical care, are just some of the "suffering" -you describe.

That is not suffering, remember that is not allowed because the human rights folks such as yourself think that someone who lacks moral judgment enough to murder, torture, rape, or whatever crimes that deem the death penalty, are somehow human and don't deserve to "suffer".

I think that a 100% DNA guilty verdict would seem fit for execution. After all they gave up all of their rights when they committed these acts that deserve the death penalty.

No DNA, no death penalty.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Does Jesse have children? What if some day a criminal rapes, tortures , and kills them slowly, right in front of him while there is nothing he can do to save them. Then when the criminal is on trial Jesse can stand up and say "my bad, no death penalty for you, how about a group hug instead!" There are criminals that deserve much more than a death penalty for what they have done, I don't see the value of the public supporting them for the rest of their lives in prison, what if they escape and kill again? In my opinion they should be executed the day the judge or jury gives them the death penalty, I bet most convicted killers laugh at our system when they are in prison. Is one innocent person worth 999 dead convicted killers? I would give my life to have 999 killers executed. It happens in war also, good and innocent people die, I don't like war but sometimes there is no choice. I agree with 99% of what Jesse's opinions are, but, not this time.

edit on 10-6-2014 by govmule because: typo

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
What about the children of those put to death?
When a child loses a parent in a car crash or similar way, we all say "how awful it must be for those children"
Its no different for the children of those put to death, other than they have prior knowledge!!! How awful it must be for a child to go to bed knowing that in the morning their father is going to be KILLED! Imagine if that were YOUR child!

We have no right to inflict such a situation onto an innocent child! And yet, anyone who votes yes to capital punishment is saying the children dont matter, kill the scum!

Sounds like mob justice to me!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

Can't we just send our murderer's and rapists to Mexico?

They send theirs here....

I think that's a wonderful idea! BTW, love your avatar.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I honestly believe in the death penalty, if they are guilty without a doubt, like many of our death row inmates are. 60 days to file an appeal, if not a bullet to the brain. The BS appeals and all that surrounds death penalty cases, is just that BS. Many that are on death row have been caught red handed so to speak, if that is the case, no reason for them to sit there longer than 60 days. Unfortunately I have been forced to put down large animals, a bullet to the brain is humane and effective.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

After the horrific details of a botched lethal injection in Ohio hit the news, Jesse Ventura decided it was time to take on the death penalty. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What about the horrific details of the girl this guy buried alive? I'm sure her parents didn't shed a tear knowing he got back what he gave out. Karmas a bitch.

If the evidence and DNA is overwhelming that a person is guilty of murder, than I see nothing wrong with capital punishment. Why should our tax dollars go towards keeping evil slime like him alive? Maybe more criminals would think twice before taking a life. No tears here.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Alternatively, maybe they go to bed thinking that their parent is a monster willing to kill innocent people. And what else could they be capable of.

Also, it's not the law inflicting such a situation as you describe onto an innocent child. It's the guilty parent who knew what the consequences of his actions would be but decided to kill anyway.
edit on 10-6-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Capital punishement even if the person DNA matches and confessed, is retaliation and so completely wrong. Self Defense and defense of others, and if someone is very dangerous, removal from society, but the rest needs to be all about HEALING THEM UP.

That is what Good people are all about.

Now, in case you guys didn't realize, though the world TREE bears so much blood and guts murder of children and innocents, horrendous wars on civilians,so much starvation and poverty in third worlds and in our own countries, and agonizing deaths from cancer to profit the gods of weapons, big pharma, banks,corporate heads, but....I digress What kind of beings would deliberately run a world like this?

What do you think? Good people? Or leviathin?

We have psychopathic demons in training running the world its like the movie,the Hills Have Eyes. And worse, and on huge scale.

Now,that is running the top of the police force, the courts, the prisons, the corporate heads for the most part, the governments, the military heads, for the most part.....

Do ya think they would want to harm us, set up an innocent, and kill them? HELL YA! That would be a perpetual turn on for them, ultimate power.

And that is the world we live in

Not my world though. In my world everyone is responsible,and never allows things to take place or escalate this level. They would have, thousands of years ago, met in the town square and formed the first and very active level of citizens government and sign round table agreements to support each other, protect from rogue police and courts, and basically kick ass, not violently, though self defense at times, but very assertive, with bullhorns and they would ensure that no corruption stayed in, and that all systems provided wonderful worlds for their children, happiness, and have the ability to fire all of them.

Now, when evil people run things, they like to do this: This is a "typical" person to be executed? Or what? I mean, beyond a shadow of a doubt took place, or what????

www.deathpenaltyinfo.org...

62. Sabrina Butler Mississippi Conviction 1990 Released 1995

Butler was sentenced to death for the murder of her nine-month-old child. When she found her baby not breathing, she performed CPR and took him to the hospital. She was interrogated by the police and then prosecuted. Her conviction was overturned by the Mississippi Supreme Court in 1992. Upon re-trial, she was acquitted on Dec. 17, 1995 after a very brief jury deliberation. It is now believed that the baby may have died either of cystic kidney disease or from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).

HOW THE HELL DID SHE EVEN GET CONVICTED? Opinion?

Weaponized Opinions?

Look at all the cases DNA disproves, the feds have stopped funding the appeals to do the DNA, according to this article and are amping up a policy that its fair to execute someone even if there is a question as to their guilt????? WHAT?????

However, shortly thereafter, Congress passed the Anti-Terrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996,33 which discarded the Supreme Court's standard and replaced it with one that is virtually impossible to meet.

The federal District Court judge reviewing the overwhelming evidence of innocence in Schlup's case granted him a new hearing in accordance with the Supreme Court's guidelines. But, the judge noted, if other standards (equivalent to those now imposed by Congress) had applied to Schlup's case, he would not have gotten relief.34 Thus, Congress has surely sealed the fate of some innocent defendants whose cases will arise under the new law. They will be executed despite evidence of innocence which would be troubling to any reasonable juror.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
Fearing Truth: Why Do Prosecutors Fight Against Post-Conviction DNA Tests?

Someone wrote that DA's are destroying evidence to prevent DNA testing

This is not an accident, its run like this by design! Because they're very negative beings who literally get off on this kind of abuse of power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join