It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The buzzer ( Number station UVB-76 ) sites have been found!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
(i had a search and cant believe its not been posted!)

For many years i have been following number stations and strange radio stuff , one thing that has always fascinated me is "the buzzer" or UVB-76 which is a number station which broadcasts a constant repairing short buzzer tone, people have speculated on what it may or may not be for and on occasions if has stopped or people have been heard talking in the background yet noone has really got anything, until now!

It would seem a group of enthusiasts have manage to locate 2 locations where this is being broadcast from.

link to story

edit, link wont post ... have made a short versionhere

One part of the whole write up which really interested was a phone call which accidentally was broadcast over the buzzer which seems to be the broadcast station contacting the building that feeds them the signal from Moscow via St. Petersburg's 60th Communication Hub (codename Vulkan ) , what is interesting is that the person seems in quite a panic over the fact they can no longer hear the buzzer, which leads me to believe that their are people who are paid to monitor this signal.

Im no further in the know really , but damn its interesting ... has anyone else heard or been following this?
edit on 10-6-2014 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: boaby_phet

Your links...

They are broken.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

ive no idea why but the forum seems to be killing my links >.<

ok, link fixed

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Try creating a tinyurl with the url and post the tinyurl here

www.tinyurl.com...

you might have to add www . to the start of the generated tinyurl to make it work in ATS

edit on 10-6-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Numbers stations have always interested me ever since i discovered them playing with an amateur radio kit.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maybe I have a major case of deja vu going on, but hasn't this location already been pinpointed? All of the surrounding place names on the map when you zoom out seem extremely familiar in the BTDT discussion sense.

Anyone else remember this, or am I remembering wrong?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
That's all interesting stuff. But I'm skeptical of a Russian source. Seems a bit too easy.

But I love any info on this story. So starred and flagged.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

thanks for the tip, that fixed it ... i think the problem was with the links to the sound clip and transcript of the phone call that leaked onto the station... its all on the page anyway

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Very interesting find, OP, I've been following numbers stations since I started scanning the shortwave in the late 1980s.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything in the linked page that says why they conclude that this is a numbers station. What is the evidence, just the size and types of antennas in use?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen

They are a group of international radio geeks who use radio triangulation techniques (im not a radio geek, im not sure what the terminology is ... they have been looking for years though).

they have a wealth of information!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
They've been found, years ago, in fact "urban explorers" posted pictures which were picked up by RT a few years ago, of the OLD buzzer site, just after they moved it.

Every time they move it, its new location is triangulated in less than 24hr.

Finally, the buzzer isn't really a numbers station. It emits a pulsed signal, the "buzz" for 90% of its time, and while it will occasionally transmit voice mesages, which comprise of names and number, it doesn't do so often enough to qualify as a numbers station in my opinion.

I believe it operates as some kind of "dead mans hand", in that if ever it stops transmitting unexpectedly, ordinance delivery systems will begin to be deployed. If the signal doesn't resume within a specific timescale, the deployed ordinance delivery systems will do their jobs. Thats only speculation however.

englishrussia.com... n/
edit on 11/6/2014 by BMorris because: Added link to pictures

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: BMorris

I believe it operates as some kind of "dead mans hand", in that if ever it stops transmitting unexpectedly, ordinance delivery systems will begin to be deployed. If the signal doesn't resume within a specific timescale, the deployed ordinance delivery systems will do their jobs. Thats only speculation however.

englishrussia.com... n/

I kinda agree on it not being a number station although i have heard number broadcasts recordings from uvb-76.

I also have always thought (and agree with yourself) that the buzzer is a kind of dead man's switch, the paniced phonecall with the operator that stopped hearing it makes this case even stronger (to me anyway) as it shows that people are listening and when they cant hear it they panic and phone home!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: boaby_phet

originally posted by: BMorris

englishrussia.com... n/

I kinda agree on it not being a number station although i have heard number broadcasts recordings from uvb-76.

I also have always thought (and agree with yourself) that the buzzer is a kind of dead man's switch, the paniced phonecall with the operator that stopped hearing it makes this case even stronger (to me anyway) as it shows that people are listening and when they cant hear it they panic and phone home!

It sounded more like anger than panic to me. But the recording is bad. And my ability to "hear" Russian inflection isn't as strong as it once was. My Russian is very rusty too. But the translation looked okay.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I know for a fact the old abandoned Buzzer station has been found and some youth even took pictures of the inside!

However it has since moved, perhaps that's what you are thinking of. Or i could be wrong

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Interesting,though somewhat Cloudy.

doomsday machine link :

www.youtube.com...

S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Is this signal used to jam embassy communications? What does it do?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
a reply to: Nyiah

I know for a fact the old abandoned Buzzer station has been found and some youth even took pictures of the inside!

However it has since moved, perhaps that's what you are thinking of. Or i could be wrong

Was it two yoots taking the pictures?

posted on Jul, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

These guys went to the old location, they even found a logbook:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: groingrinder

No, you're thinking of Duga3 - The Woodpecker.

As for what it does, nobody knows, the Russians haven't told us. All we have is speculation and conjecture.

top topics

join