It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammosexual?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I am pro-2nd amendment and I do not have a problem with these guys excising their rights, but to take your AK to Applebees is just stupid.

An open carry sidearm.....no problem, but this is over the top.

Stupid or over the top, they are still exercising a right.

Why is it more of a threat to openly carry a rifle then it is a pistol??

What about an SBR that can be carried under the armpit? It is shorter then a rifle? Shouldn't be too menacing I guess.

When in the world did an SKS become a more feared object then a Glock?

edit on 13-6-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Even as a gun-disliking Brit - I must admit that BB Gun wars were a major feature of my college life. Our hall (sort of like a Frat) was recognised as a war zone after 11pm - if you were in the corridors, you were part of the game.

Everyone wore protective goggles to prevent the 'shooting an eye out' scenario, but it was great fun stalking the halls shooting the # out of each other.

I don't suppose that'd be allowed nowadays.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
Even as a gun-disliking Brit - I must admit that BB Gun wars were a major feature of my college life. Our hall (sort of like a Frat) was recognised as a war zone after 11pm - if you were in the corridors, you were part of the game.

Everyone wore protective goggles to prevent the 'shooting an eye out' scenario, but it was great fun stalking the halls shooting the # out of each other.

I don't suppose that'd be allowed nowadays.

Hah, that brings back good memories of HallWars at Uni
Back when Forbidden Planet (or whatever it was called) still sold Airsoft stuff!

Then there was the incident with the firefighters, which lead to the much more clandestine GuerillaHallWars

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I own a few ARs, a few shotguns, a few handguns and a red rider, and with that baby you can shoot it in the air and it will hit someone in the eye, deadly as hell.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I own a few ARs, a few shotguns, a few handguns and a red rider, and with that baby you can shoot it in the air and it will hit someone in the eye, deadly as hell.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: CranialSponge
People's fears are not with the inanimate object.

Their fears are with the stranger carrying the inanimate object and not knowing what this stranger's intentions are, if any.

Nobody wants to find out the hard way that some stranger's intentions of carrying a weapon into a public venue is actually for the purpose of human target practice.

So, people fear someone with a gun shown, but the ignorance to those with a hidden gun is fine.

It is still irrational. Millions of people are armed, everyday, in all places and because those that are fearful don't see the firearm, they are fine with life and continue on.

I guess that only threats openly carry firearms, and don't conceal them.

Now you're just being hyperbolic.

People don't fear a properly holstered pistol because it's obvious the person carrying it has no ill intentions.

But walking into an Applebee's with a rifle slung over your shoulder dressed like Rambo when it's not hunting season ? That will give off a completely different impression to everybody sitting in the restaurant incapable of being mind readers... their natural instinct is going to be one of apprehension.

Whether you agree with this "apprehensive feeling" or not, is a moot point.

It is what it is.

People fear what they don't know. And since nobody carries around a crystal ball, they're going to go with what their gut is telling them: "Fear the big scary looking thing".

Something that's small, holstered, and safely strapped into place is not going to look so intimidating.

It's the same reason why people are more fearful of big dogs vs little dogs.

And for the record: Most people don't know the difference between an SKR, an AK, a 12 gauge shotgun, or a friggin pea shooter... all they see is a "bigger-than-a-pistol", "scary looking", "in-your-face" weapon that could shoot their kid dead in 2.4 seconds.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

It is completly about manners and the small minded idealolgy that makes you think it is ok to carry assult weapons or long rifles indoors in a public business just because you can or because some law says it is not wrong. It will not stand and the lack of morles involved will drive this to a whole new level if it continues.

So, let me get this straight.

I, and every other US Citizen, are supposed to capitulate to the wants and whims of a few, that fear an inanimate object, and not exercise an expressed Right, because it isn't polite???

That is the most moronic reason to not exercise a right I have heard yet.

It isn't "polite" that people walk around with such opinions. Shall they now shut their mouths???

It isn't "polite" that one person would state another must forgo their rights, so another can live without fear.

You truly have no idea as to what our freedoms mean.
It seems obvious that you were not raised with any manners or RESPECT that the majority of us were. No one is saying not to carry your pacificer around just be respectful. It does not take much knowledge of human nature to know that we all size up every situation. Fight or flight response and when someone such as in the pics that can not manage to respect theirselves enough to dress decently when going to demonstrate like this it raises flags from the start. I could go on and on but maybe you can figure it out.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

People fear what they don't know. And since nobody carries around a crystal ball, they're going to go with what their gut is telling them: "Fear the big scary looking thing".

So, if I concealed an SBR, things are cool and good.

What an ignorant group of fearful people they must be.

I guess that anyone that would conceal a pistol must, by fear driven logic, be a good guy.
And then the inverse is true, that anyone that has a big scary firearm, is therefore a crazy person waiting to snap.

Logic tells me to we wary of the person showing no hand in the game. At least with the guy with the rifle, I see what he has.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

It seems obvious that you were not raised with any manners or RESPECT that the majority of us were.

Well thank you for noticing. I try very very hard to live up to the statement just under my screen name.

Didn't know that manners equals capitulating to the fearful wants of others.

Used to be, manners was "please", "Thank you" and holding the door open for others.
Now it has been Alinsky'ed into meaning I can't exercise a right, due to the ignorant fear of others.

No one is saying not to carry your pacificer around just be respectful.

Oh, okay then.......except not in restaurants and such.....I always love exceptions.

It does not take much knowledge of human nature to know that we all size up every situation. Fight or flight response and when someone such as in the pics that can not manage to respect theirselves enough to dress decently when going to demonstrate like this it raises flags from the start.

So, now you demeaning the way they dress??
WOW, you sure got a lot of issues to work out. Sure it isn't a problem with yourself you should address first?

I could go on and on but maybe you can figure it out.

Well, thanks for not droning on and on and on. I am sure I will get the point that I must give up exercising a right, for your determined "Manners".

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The ole lady just picked up another box.

You can never have too much ammo.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Surely you have some respect for a resturant wanting to create a certain type of atmosphere. He/she has rights too and it is our job in our everyday life to respect the natural instincts of others. These rights you try justify the overuse of in the name of freedom are only afforded to you on the basis that you are capable of remembering that you have no rights beyond the will of the people. A certain amount must be maintained by all of us in order to get by believing we are free. It is not a bad system but it is being imploded by pushing the bounderies and changing the rules as we go. Again you really do not have any rights except what is accepted by everyone and there has to be bounderies on everything. Concealing a weapon is everyones best option as far as security goes cause then everyone you meet has a gun. When i say that i am speaking of business and such. At the same time i am all for marching and demonstrations in support of the second just respect folks by not walking up in somewhere making everyone wonder if you are there to shoot em up. That would clearly be distrubing the peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick
All those restaurants involved allowed open carry.
Liberals seem too wishy-washy. On one hand, they claim private businesses are public entities, like the baker that refused to bake the gay cake. On the other hand they claim businesses open to public are private and can refuse second amendment rights. Which is it?

edit on Sat, 14 Jun 2014 00:06:03 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Snoopy1978
CCW was never an option for me. Look up how hard it is to get one in NY if you care, if not, no skin off my back. Ignorance is the default these days. I am a big man actually, not fat, but I have been doing manual labor since I was 12. I am trained in martial arts, both unarmed, and with weapons such as nunchuku, and swords, which are all illegal for me to carry anyways. Having been trained in knife combat, I prefer to not bring a knife to any fight if I can prevent that. I have been both stabbed and shot, I was closer to the pearly gates when I was stabbed, the heat of the bullets prettymuch sealed off my wounds. When I was stabbed I would have been done for if it had not been for a RN that chose to act and help a bro out.

edit on Sat, 14 Jun 2014 00:24:28 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   

So, if I concealed an SBR, things are cool and good.

What an ignorant group of fearful people they must be.

I guess that anyone that would conceal a pistol must, by fear driven logic, be a good guy.
And then the inverse is true, that anyone that has a big scary firearm, is therefore a crazy person waiting to snap.

Logic tells me to we wary of the person showing no hand in the game. At least with the guy with the rifle, I see what he has.

First impressions are everything.

I'll bet that if those two guys walked into the restaurant wearing golf shirts and dockers open-carrying glocks strapped into holsters on their side hip, most of the customers wouldn't have even batted an eyelid at them.

Dangerous looking dude:

Not-so-dangerous looking dude:

Intimidating:

Not-so-intimidating:

If you look like you could do some serious "ass-whoopin", people are going to put some distance between you and them.

It's a natural survival instinct, whether those fears are justified or not.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I strongly disagree with guns and ammo being used in a sexual manner. enough is enough!

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Akragon

ok, well in Canada women have the right to go topless...

But you don't see any of them running around saying "look how big & beautiful my breasts are!!"

The only reason people carry a gun like that is to show everyone they love their guns... they're looking for attention, likely because without said gun they would probably get none from anyone...

Oh I see your massive intellect is at work again Akragon! Been reading some Sigmund of late? LOL I mean you are the one showing off your "BB" gun! LOL

Can't seem to get away from your mockery and insults can I... how typical of you LOL

my little pop gun can barely shoot through both sides of a cigarette pack...

Its a glorified potato gun... it could hardly even be considered a gun...

And I still wouldn't carry it around like im frickin Rambo like these hero's

Yea we gathered all that, your point, your mockery.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Everyone should have a can pinker and pest popper. Damned pigeons and crows pooping over all my stuff.

Guns arnt always about the biggest and baddest, often the bigger ones are extremely unwieldy - putting lead on a target in a short amount of time is very challenging.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Indeed, they are exercising their rights and I have no problem with that.

What I have a problem with is that it's very tough to defend 2nd amendment rights when you have people like this running around in public with AR's, and they're doing so for shock value.

If they really wanted to promote their rights responsibly, they would understand the fear some people have towards firearms and would exercise their rights in a way that doesn't make the public feel more uncomfortable.

Let's be honest here. If you needed to defend yourself in a crowded restaurant, you wouldn't want an AR anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: deadeyedick

All those restaurants involved allowed open carry.

Liberals seem too wishy-washy. On one hand, they claim private businesses are public entities, like the baker that refused to bake the gay cake. On the other hand they claim businesses open to public are private and can refuse second amendment rights. Which is it?

I think a business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason and also set any bounderies and limitations they want. People will go where they want. If i don't want to bake a gay cake and refuse service to someone i just gave someone else the opportunity to open up shop somewhere else.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

www.thetruthaboutguns.com...-323057

The "robber" does not carry his weapon out in the open.

I haven't seen, nor have I ever investigated an incident where someone was strolling down the street with an AR, only to then walk into a place and commit a crime.

It seems that criminals like this idea of not drawing attention to themselves and their actions, as it usually brings attention to themselves.

And I guess that the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover" is not to the wayside.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join