It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Hastings’ Death … A Year Later … Anything New?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
"Was afraid to drive his own car"

That speaks louder than anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox

That speaks louder than anything.

Afraid to drive it - and, four hours later, drives it into a tree...
Yeah - it's called a 'flip flop'. Meaning - the story doesn't flow. He had to entirely reverse direction (mental/psychological attitude), for this explanation to work.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   

because he had reason to believe it may have been tampered with....you forgot that kinda important bit.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wow WanDash, you have surpassed any expectations I may have had on an anniversary "Hastings" thread. I wish I could give you more flags ! THANK YOU!

Whilst I have read it all I am unfortunately now running late for an appointment. More detailed reply later my friend.
(I think Micheal would have been proud of you)

regards
x

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

because he had reason to believe it may have been tampered with....you forgot that kinda important bit.

It's implied. Anyone who read the thread would know that.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bowaconstricta
Thanks bowa'!
Had to leave so much out...and it was still 19/20 type-written pages.
I want to add a couple more posts on aspects that have not been adequately highlighted, already...but, that may be a couple days, yet.
Looking forward to anything you want to discuss.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wow! Very, very well constructed thread! I don't know how, but this somehow totally bypassed my radar until just yesterday. Wonderful amount of information here, I appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
Thanks sputniksteve!
Who knows... Maybe something will come of it...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

I was really into this story when the accident first happened, but had almost completely forgotten about it until you created this thread. Very well done, very thorough. Along with the fact that he was directly tied to the Bergdahl story, and was working on another big story probably related to that, it is even more interesting now.

Nothing about it makes sense, and I hope in time someone who knows more about this story will come forward. The problem is that just like in any conspiracy like this, the people who do know important information are scared for their lives. I know I would be....

I hope you keep up with this. Maybe in the future when you find out more you could make a post just highlighting your top 10 or 20 points. Definitely worth reading through all of what you posted, but it is a lot of information, and might be overwhelming for some.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thank you for the time/effort you put forth on this. Like many other stories along this line it raises a lot of questions that I fear won't be answered soon. I would think that anyone involved would be silenced by the video of the death scene. No further warning would be needed.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euphem
I was really into this story when the accident first happened, but had almost completely forgotten about it until you created this thread. Very well done, very thorough. Along with the fact that he was directly tied to the Bergdahl story, and was working on another big story probably related to that, it is even more interesting now.

Nothing about it makes sense, and I hope in time someone who knows more about this story will come forward. The problem is that just like in any conspiracy like this, the people who do know important information are scared for their lives. I know I would be....

I hope you keep up with this. Maybe in the future when you find out more you could make a post just highlighting your top 10 or 20 points. Definitely worth reading through all of what you posted, but it is a lot of information, and might be overwhelming for some.

Thanks, Euphem
As to others that might have important information being 'scared'...I have to agree.
Even if they had no information, but did have the ability to investigate/probe...
Instead, what we saw (in general) was a brigade of greenhorn wannabe journalists spouting the new intelligence - No Conspiracies...trying to capitalize on Michael Hastings' successes...at the expense of his memory/reputation/legacy.
There is, likewise, a ton of information that has been withheld from the public eye. Whether it was withheld intentionally, inadvertently (through lack of effort in obtaining it), or simply washed away with time and inattention.

Nonetheless - as you noted - my treatment of the subject is fairly long-winded, and includes a lot of detail & qualifiers that generally turn a reading audience 'OFF'. I am aware of that...but present it anyway in hope that SOMEONE will take interest, and, perhaps, they are better equipped at presenting the same (or - more) in easier-to-digest bites.

Again - thanks for your thoughts.
Hope to hear/see more!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
...I would think that anyone involved would be silenced by the video of the death scene. No further warning would be needed.

Well said...
And, if 'the proof is in the pudding'...then, one has to look no further than the lack of investigative journalism applied to this case.
Thanks for your considerations.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

i did read the thread...it is LOVELY, and i think WanDash has elevated himself to the likes of 3mperorConstantinE, in terms of detail, and thoroughness..

it looked to me like you were calling BS, without actually calling BS...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
A few more thoughts...

Young Turks video interview (May 20, 2013)…
Hastings states – "…government, 'we declare war on you'…"

In an interview with Fox News, as of June 25, 2013, SSgt Biggs was saying that Michael Hastings drove like a Grandma.
We do not know if that view was shared across-the-board among other acquaintances of MH…but…it's worth considering.

Also, according to SSgt Biggs, within the week or two preceding his demise, Michael Hastings contacted an attorney other-than Jennifer Robinson…
About 'what' - we do not know.

And even…further…more - from SSgt Biggs - …
'Biggs' received an 'anonymous email' from 'an investigative group' in L.A., informing that LAPD had been to Michael Hastings' residence within the week (or so) prior to his death…
…AND
…Hastings had been seen 'looking under his car' during the same time frame.

Cause of Death… Transfer of force through sole of right foot…
Very brief evidence of brake lights…
Either - brake lights were an electrical system malfunction…
OR…
We must consider why he did not touch the brake pedal (apparently) prior to hitting the tree.
And, Likewise,
Why…he kept (apparently) the accelerator pedal pressed *to the floor*…even after losing control at Melrose', and after correcting well enough to mount the curb & median…and…after smashing through the metal utility cage… … ? ?

There are really only a couple/few possible reasons that could explain such 'behavior'.
1. Determined to kill himself (suicide)
2. Out of his mind / Hallucinating / Full-Blown Delusion
3. Hysterical Terror

While one must consider every possible explanation…most of the evidence & testimony available in this case, places "Suicide" on a very low rung of the ladder of probabilities.

Likewise - While #2 may be a possible explanation for keeping the right foot pressed to the metal…it would fail the plausibility test, when attempting to apply it to the remaining video evidence (able to negotiate narrow passing lanes at a high rate of speed for the last 2 or so miles…and, able to correct the out-of-control vehicle at a high rate of speed, even avoiding two trees when mounting the curb/median).

After considering the video evidences, a member of the Coroner's staff, in attempt to explain "Why?", said that, for whatever reason (imagined or real), MH was enacting a flight of terror.

If we accept, for the sake of this consideration, that Michael Hastings was driving, and in control of all pertinent navigational devices…hysterical terror is probably the more likely fit.

But…for hysterical terror to be a convincing explanation…he would need to have seen that 'terror'…pushing him (either gaining…or virtually on him) in the rear-view mirror…(OR…possibly…in his mind)…AND – the threat (/perceived threat) would need to have been pressing his psyche with such intensity that once the flight began…he entered a hypnotic state that no reason or rationale could interrupt.

I, personally, do not see this explanation handling the mile-or-two that preceded the end…but, of the possibilities that might/could explain the right foot firmly embedded in the accelerator pedal…and considering the story's context…it seems to be the most plausible (again - IMO).

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

ok, so then you posit that throughout the journey, up to, and including the moment of impact, Mr. Hastings was in complete control of the car? he was completely in control of the steering, throttle, braking, and all other control-related systems?

if this is what you posit, then any one of the 3 things on your list would be a reasonable fit...leaves a lot to conjecture.

i personally do not believe he was in complete control of the car through the entire drive.

but what i believe doesn't matter...what matters is what we can prove. we can come up with motive, based on factual information, and we may well even be able to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the MEANS exist to do him, and make it look like an accident...proving that it's what actually happened though...that's the tricky bit.

the "authorities" hold all the evidence, and as long as they're the gatekeepers, we may never get the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus
…ok, so then you posit that throughout the journey, up to, and including the moment of impact, Mr. Hastings was in complete control of the car? he was completely in control of the steering, throttle, braking, and all other control-related systems?

Thank you, Daedalus, for entertaining these considerations!
While I posited the theoretical explanation…it was in attempt to ‘see if’ the theory worked.
I was primarily attempting to see if “No Foul Play” (meaning – no outside influences caused the tragic accident) has a workable, plausible, and reasonable explanation.

I, personally, do not accept the theories proposed.
But – in my line of work – I must examine & explore alternate explanations thoroughly, before discarding them.
What I tried to show was – while there may be ‘generic’ explanations for what happened, and how & why…I do not believe they hold much weight in realms of reasonable plausibility.
You have, likewise, identified the key to this dilemma…
…Can we prove…or, present a reasonable argument for…ANY explanation of…what happened…?
In my opinion…that has not been done…by either side of the question…yet.
I have a largely-constructed theory on ‘how’ and ‘what’…but, without the information that should be available to us (had a legitimate investigation been performed, and said materials been made public), much of it is merely speculation and/or fabrication.

I had wanted to go to L.A. in the months that have lapsed since the last publications on this topic (Nov/2013)…but…Life intervened, and…alas, I’m afraid that some of the facts, evidences & proofs I had hoped to obtain may no longer be in existence…

ETA: I apologize, if it seems that I’m just trying to add posts to this thread…but…I would like to expand on this response…

The Official Story is that no Foul Play was involved in the death of Michael Hastings. He died as a result of some…unknown…(but, probably personally-nefarious) motivation.
The Official Story Tellers were…the LAPD, the FBI, and a bevy of journalists…hoping to make a name for themselves as…sound…sensible…reasonable…politically-correct…and thus…DESIRABLE… alternatives to the rabble-rousing-conspiracy-theorists that have become a genuine bane to civil discourse… … …
My entire point is… By exploring THEIR explanations…we can determine if ANY INTELLIGENCE or THOUGHT has gone into their conclusion/s…
In my opinion…(thus far)…THEY are dumber than a bunch of rock monsters.
They do not bother to verify their facts… They have no clue/s…what…PRECISELY…happened… YET presume to use some ‘journalistic/expert’ credentials…to call those who are not convinced of Their conclusion/s…idiotic, imbecilic &/or sub-standard.

Furthermore…if you do not fully & openly explore the possibility/possibilities proffered by another side of the equation…you are cheating yourself. You may be right…but…how will you ever KNOW?

edit on 6/13/2014 by WanDash because: Clarifying...butter

edit on 6/13/2014 by WanDash because: bracketsychy

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As this adds nothing 'new' to the matter...I am simply posting it, here...at the end of another 'go-nowhere-thread' on the subject...

But...approaching the anniversary of Michael Hastings death, Michael Krikorian apparently approached Detective Connie White, again...to see if her final report had been submitted (I inferred this from her response/s that he wrote of)...and...JUST LIKE late October/early November...she said that the report was not complete.

You may see his 'blog' entry here.

The justification for the report remaining 'incomplete' is/was...she is still awaiting some reports that 'take a while' (WOW!)...AND, since this is not a criminal investigation...it has been relegated to a lower priority than her abundant load of high-priority-criminal investigations...in the...traffic division.

Her Solomonic/Sage quip - - - ? - - - "In the fight between car and tree - tree wins."

Thanks again, for your...consideration/s!

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I'm speechless.... I know I shouldn't expect the report to be high on the list of priorities seeing as it is likely
to prove the incompetence of LAPD. Probably the reason they are stalling its release when I think about it.

Just very sad that one year on we are still short of any answers .... the tree didn't win... the Law won ?

I'm just glad people like WanDash aren't letting it rest under the carpet

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: bowaconstricta
Awaiting reports that take a while
What kind/s of reports could she be waiting on...that take a while (more than a year)?
It really is beyond the veil of believability, imo.

One brother says LAPD did a fine job.
The other brother says they were sloppy & irresponsible.
But - on the testimony of the brother that gave the thumbs up...they rest on their initial conclusion...because, otherwise, they'll have another high-priority-criminal investigation to add to the case load. (that's the nice answer/reason).
Don't see many people addressing the fact that Thumbs-Up-Bro' might be saying "good job" because that conclusion is the one that least implicates/highlights the probability that his involvement in the tragic affair...was spurious, at best.

Think about it
- - - If Foul Play was not involved in this calamity...and...the elder brother had not gone to LA to press MH into rehab...MH would probably not have attempted to fly the coop. - - -

Thanks, bowaconstricta

edit on 6/18/2014 by WanDash because: emphasis

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
what i find REALLY funny, is that a dude "loses it", and allegedly kills his mom, and then, for no particular reason at all, goes to a school, and kills a bunch of kids and staff, then offs himself....and we have an official report within a year....

a car crashes into a tree, and exactly one year later(today, 18 june), no report, and no indication that one is forthcoming any time in the reasonably near future...

i mean, if they were holding it back, to cover up their incompetence, all they've done is make themselves look incompetent....i'm sure the irony isn't lost on anyone here...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join