It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDA Bans Cheese - Really

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmm...

...aged ("bleu") cheese has penicillin like properties.

I would suspect that there are multiple reasons for this decision. Monsanto, UHC....more than 1 dog in this hunt.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Lol fun thread and all that, but I have made cheese so it was "artisian" and i didn't use a board so i guess it can be done without if cheese panic hits

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I am dumbfounded over this goverment.

I just want to SCREAM FOUL LANGUAGE AT EVER POLITICIAN I SEE.

They are not worried about anybody's health just the health of their own wallets and the wallets of their masters and guess what we aint their master corporate lobbyist are.

We need to take the reins back we actually their master we need to do it soon.

If you love cheese and never have had good old fashion cheese artisan cheese Oh My God its good. mmmmmmmmmmm Really the real old time sharp cheddar is a pale yellow not this bright food dye yellow number ? You know its good when its hand wrapped in cheese cloth and hand dipped in beeswax . We have made homemade goat cheese from our own fresh milk.

Oh good grief I am making myself hungry.

There is a link to a petition in the huffington article . If you are so inclined if not email call do something.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Why did tar and feathers pop into my head when you mentioned stripping Obama?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You missed whole milk its got a few dairy men in trouble we have to be sure we all get our gmo daily requirement of poison .

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Lostinthedarkness

We have made homemade goat cheese from our own fresh milk.

Did you use a board? Cheese..not banned...Boards..banned.

decree from the FDA, which would ban the traditional method of aging cheese on wooden boards.

I found a ton of artisan cheese makers who don't use wood, personally I don't see how wood could add anything to the cheese.
www.kansascity.com...
Cleaner...

www.mangotomato.com...
edit on 10-6-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
This is disturbing news and I can tell you it would not fly here in Canada.
I read the article in full and still ......I can't seem to see a reason for it?

Correct me if I am wrong but does not the USA Government hand out surplus Cheese to the poor on a regular basis?

Perhaps something is rotten in Denmark and the stink made its way to your Politicians whom love to do the back door dirty.

Interesting link to read is this one..........as soon as I read the thread I thought of this news story from quite awhile ago.

fullcomment.nationalpost.com...

I called up Kraft, using the 800 number for consumer complaints, and I told them, ‘You are putting out a goddamn axle grease!’ ”

Just to inform

anyone here, we only eat hard real cheese, especially the old stuff......(Pine River) is my favourite.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder
edit on 10-6-2014 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
The tannins in a good board will kill most microbes. That is why a good wood cutting board is better than a plastic board. Some plastic boards contain antimicrobials too, but our bodies are not accustomed to those chemicals.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What we should do is stock up on spray cheese and cover the FDA offices in it. Something like this could only be the work of lobbyists and/or personal interest within the ranks of the FDA. It seems unlikely that it would have anything to do with actual health concerns considering we know just how bad some of the approved substances truly are for your body. What other explanation is there if that is the case? It seems likely that it is all about monopolizing the food industry by large manufacturers of "fake" food.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: Destinyone

And kraft is owned by.....drumroll....

Altria. Formerly known as Phillip Morris. Another gmo giant, owned by....you guessed it....
monsanto.

Not so, I'm afraid - debunked here: www.snopes.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
"Blessed are the cheese makers", for they shall inherit the FDA. All those folks at the FDA,( #$%^&*# dumb arses), ought to be "cheese boarded". They ought to ban the FDA. Cheese is bad but frankenfoods are o.k.?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I hate cheese. It is the number one problem in our digestive tracts. However it is wrong to use power in this manner unless one has a very good reason other than money or being big headed.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerLightning

Altria. Look them up.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I can not believe what I am reading. I just.......no words.

You guys better fight back, that's a hundreds of years old tradition.

Your government makes me so angry.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
America, you now have 2 choices.

Revolt or...

Come to Canada to eat cheese!
]

I hope for both.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

host.madison.com...

From this link:

Cheese’s unique taste comes from aging on boards with cultures that have been on wood for generations, said Myron Olson, the owner of the Chalet Cheese Cooperative in Monroe that is the only American producer of Limburger cheese.

The bacteria on the wood plays a big role in creating the smell and taste of the cheeses aged on it. “It overpowers everything,” said Olson. “It’s entrenched and it doesn’t give itself up to other bacteria. It’s very hardy.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

And the head of the fda is....drumroll....

Michael R. Taylor. Former lawyer for monsanto.

Just sayin....

Mmmhmm. That needs to be repeated and repeated and repeated. Unreal.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
more proof that freedom is an illusion these days. If this ban comes to Canada people will freak here as we are a big cheesy country and I just can't understand how governments get away with telling people what they can or cannot consume.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

And the head of the fda is....drumroll....

Michael R. Taylor. Former lawyer for monsanto.

Just sayin....

Mmmhmm. That needs to be repeated and repeated and repeated. Unreal.

Repeated.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Create artisan cheese buisinesses and never stop doing it in the open with millions signing to protect you from rogue government and agents and to show up in court and perform citizens arrests if needed

If the media won't publish your pact and PATROLES for each other, tell the media, no one is going to buy from your sorry rag, and mean it, have those millions pledge to buy from papers and media the out of work set up

just do it, do something positive, do it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join