It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

smartest dog ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Does your dog get your paper for you? How about the remote your slippers or a drink out of the fridge?

I thought my dogs were smart and well trained, then I watched this Jack Russell terrier and I am just amazed at how well trained he is.

I cant even get my dog to stop pissing on the cats litter box.

That video popped up when I was watching another video of a Jack Russell Terrier killing a cobra so I will post that one as well.

One really smart Jack Russell and one really dumb one lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Mine didn't do any of those things, he would go through the house checking for burglars while I waited at the front door. If I told him to watch a child in a basket and protect he would circle and keep anyone from getting within 15 feet of said toddler. He was a personal protection dog of immense talent and personality. He was so much better than carrying a gun. If you raised your voice or exhibited any hostility toward me he would let you know that wasn't a good idea, and if you got physical he would introduce you to the ER.

He is without a doubt the greatest dog that has ever owned me.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
That is one smart dog! I can't even get my kids to do one quarter of those things he did, and they're adults!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo
My dogs do none of these things.
What do they do?
First of they have saved my life several times by barking and letting me know the assasi...err mailman is close by.

But really they are my early warning system and every single time the wife and or I come home, they are there to tell us we are someone special that has been missed dearly, I haven't had that from ANY human since my youngest passed the age of three.
And my big dog cuddles to me at night as a sort of warm teddy bear, due to my wifes "seat area" being so damn cold!

Off topic..
(True story, does your wife have a cold bottom too? Is there a science behind this???)

By the way, watching that cobra video a few days I cringed like nails were going down the chalkboard.
NO FRIGGIN WAY, Not my dog!
One misstep and I lose a best buddy.

(Edit)
They do know 3 major commands though, sit, lay down, and head down.
The last one is the newest in say years, but it is intended if I ever feel my dogs may be in danger, I would never let them fight unless I am out of the picture.

edit on 10-6-2014 by g146541 because: head down

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace
While I don't really agree with protection dogs as I see them more as 4 legged kids to be protected, they can and do fit the role.
Most of all, star to you for your last comment and us knowing our place.
My big dog used to sit in my oldest boys lap, my son would say, "I got him right where I want em".
I would reply, "that is the beauty of a dog, they have you fooled into believing you have them"!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Very cute video!

What a wonderfully trained pooch...!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
My dog was psychic. Many people doubted me, and demanded proof. I would show them his Third Eye.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
a reply to: MarlinGrace
While I don't really agree with protection dogs as I see them more as 4 legged kids to be protected, they can and do fit the role.
Most of all, star to you for your last comment and us knowing our place.
My big dog used to sit in my oldest boys lap, my son would say, "I got him right where I want em".
I would reply, "that is the beauty of a dog, they have you fooled into believing you have them"!

So true, I got protection dog because I worked nights being self employed in some pretty bad areas. I carried a gun am reasonably large, (Mr. Macho) and never feared anything and was on the road all the time. The businesses I worked on were closed so I was always alone. I had a little medical mishap and felt I wasn't able to defend myself, because no matter how good you are with a gun, while working on high voltage equipment you could miss someone sneaking up on you. So I looked at dogs and found this one and he was a blessing.

For me there was never any fooling, it was always lock stock and barrel. Full pooch over people ownership, and I went willingly. Sounds like we suffer the same fate.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Jack Russels tend to be about as intelligent as a dog can be. I am not surprised to see that one master so many complex tasks on command.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Having a dog like that Jack Russel would be sort of like having a butler! I'm watching it with my dogs, hoping they get the hint.

Great video, thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is more like it. Dogs should be earning their room and board, not just laying around all day and not contributing to society. Most dogs anyway. Definitely my dog, lol. But I suppose if by earning room and board I mean chewing things up, then my dog is definitely earning his own way.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
My dog brings me the occasional rabbit. That could be useful in a survival situation. She's also a superb alarm system and has stopped me from stepping on a rattlesnake.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: g146541

While I don't really agree with protection dogs as I see them more as 4 legged kids to be protected, they can and do fit the role. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Same here, although its natural instinct to them all just about I see them the same as you.

I have a Rottie and she is my princess, she has many protective instincts but mine towards her are just as intense.

I would put myself in danger for her like she would me.

My big dog used to sit in my oldest boys lap, my son would say, "I got him right where I want em". I would reply, "that is the beauty of a dog, they have you fooled into believing you have them"! - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

So true and painful realization I had just recently, not painful but as I am suppose to be the alpha dog in the house I could say embarrassing instead of painful.

My sister has a Dalmatian, I always saw how Nala had my mother completely wrapped up and able to manipulate any which way she wanted I always thought I was immune until my sister pointed out how I am exactly like Mum when it come to being trained by Nala.

That dog can get away with just about anything when she visits either me or Mum.

Soon she will be moving in with my sister, Maybe then with more constant interaction I can break my programing that Nala has placed on me.
edit on 11-6-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
My dog was psychic. Many people doubted me, and demanded proof. I would show them his Third Eye.

Nugget I have always wanted to use a similar saying to many who post they have opened theirs.

I always want ask if they travel the solar system and whats its like on or in Uranus.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JiggyPotamus

Dogs should be earning their room and board,

My first Rottie Tyson earned his room and board simply by being the last one of his litter left in the pet store I bought him from.

Just sitting there all alone and coming straight up to me and complaining 'your late dude lets go' with his gorgeous eyes paid for a eternal place in my heart.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: w8tn4it
That is one smart dog! I can't even get my kids to do one quarter of those things he did, and they're adults!

Lol ^^^

My dogs seem to have trained me to tickle the tummy on demand, and I don't get a treat.
Don't even start me on the cats mind control tricks...on me.
Sigh ~

top topics

join