It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to know about the returning Messiah.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

what about a direct ancestor via the bloodline?
Disrael I enjoy your posts and threads speak freely without holding back please....

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Jesus could be here if someone followed in his steps and be just like him but that is unlikely. The way that Jesus will return is by everyone beliving in one thing at the same time. There has to be unity for or against his return. It is highly unlikely that everyone will start to believing the same so just look for the world to unified in kaos masked as peace. That would put the return very near our current time.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Some of todays prophets would say - to those who do not have the long time to research -
the messiah is a medium to speak through, with an inaccuracy depending on his inner growth. All his influences will remain forever as infinite cause to effect chain and create many new prophets. He hasth never left thou, my son.
He represents god, because he can extract enough information from the larger, sharing the feelings of the larger as he would be it himself and express it to our kind.

The bible warned not to worship an image -like a cow-, yet without a grasp one easily comes to the illusion god might be like a man or be literally existent. The original texts were a help for ancient times at a specific place.
edit on 10-6-2014 by oneoneone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: jazz10

The Bible was written by 40 or so people from all different walks of life over a period of more than 3000 years. Although each author had their own writing style, the common denominator in all of it is that all of their writings were guided and inspired by the Holy Spirit. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says...

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Because all scripture is God-breathed, the most logical place, and really the only place, to look for answers regarding the Son of God... God manifest in the flesh (John 1:14) is in the Bible. If you don't believe that all scripture was inspired by God, then you can never come to a saving understanding of the LORD Jesus Christ, however you can certainly come to somewhat of an intellectual and historical understanding of Him, however that is not what is required for salvation. There is a huge distinction between believing IN Jesus Christ and believing ON Jesus Christ. The first is an intellectual acknowledgement of Jesus as a real historical figure, and the later is a complete surrendering of yourself to His Lordship, and an unmovable faith in Him and His work on the cross to save you from an eternity in hell, because there is nothing you, me, or anyone else can do to earn salvation. To look anywhere else for answers to who Jesus Christ is, is the same as looking in a cookbook to figure out how to fix your car.

How does one obtain salvation? That is the eternal question... the most important question anyone could ever ask. Thankfully, the answer is very simple. Step one is to humble yourself and admit that you are a sinner, who has offended God by breaking His commandments, and that because of this you and everyone who has ever lived, or ever will live, deserves an eternity in hell. Romans 3:23 says "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", and Romans 6:23 says "for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Arguably the most famous passage in the entire Bible, John 3:16-18 says...

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Another very famous passage in Acts 16:29-34 shows how easy it really is to be saved...

29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved
—you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized. 34 The jailer brought them into his house and set a meal before them; he was filled with joy because he had come to believe in God—he and his whole household.

Anyway, I wish you well in your search for answers. I will leave you with the words of Jesus Christ Himself, speaking about the Holy Spirit from John 16:13-15...

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
If he had any direct descendants, there's no reason why they should be significant.
Your children are not you.
What was predicted beforehand was a very pubiic arrival "from heaven".

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: FlyersFan

But Jesus did not know he was truly the messiah till he went into the desert and confronted Satan. The Buddha only gained his wisdom after he finished his ordeal.

I have read more than one article that seem legit on Jesus studying the ways of the Buddha or the way of the Nazarenes. The northern sect of the Nazarenes may not have actually been called Buddhist though, Possibly a Sanatana group.

My time to be creative. Are we in some way discussing amygdala fear overload experiences and the possibility of awakening of third eye abilities following that experience?

edit on 10-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Really my friend, ridicule does not bother me in the slightest. I am here in search abd with searching I will find.

I am here asking and knocking. I will seek until I find. Im looking for God.

Seek within. Find a meditation that works for you?

edit on 10-6-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
There will be both a physical return and an internal return. Since most don't take into account the message in his words that show the internal path then often when finding that internal path one forgets that he will be here in the flesh too and that flesh is not your own. Taking one side is only half the battle and leaves out half the message. As above so below. You can be a god just as he said but don't forget he is waiting and watching in the flesh and spirit.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Jesus was born as YeHoshua (salvation is in the Lord) on 12/10/0004BC (4103 year after Adam fell). He was crucified 7 years prematurely at the age of 33 in 30 AD (4,136 from the fall). Because of this early departure, His return in 96 AD (4200 AF) was re-scheduled for 9/?/2023 (6131 AF). Jesus knew His destiny as messiah, and willingly paid the penalty for our sins. The date of His arrival was foreknown at some point by the prophets, and they encrypted this in their written prophecies via syllable metering. By the time Jesus arrived, most if not all had forgotten this knowledge.

Sources for 2023 return:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The numerical data surrounding Jesus' life are derived from the metered passages of the Hebrew OT and Greek NT. For info on the meter:

www.brainout.net...

The His return in 2023 has been confirmed by the visions of Iris Nasreen:

gods-messenger.webs.com/year2023.htm

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: FlyersFan

But Jesus did not know he was truly the messiah till he went into the desert and confronted Satan. The Buddha only gained his wisdom after he finished his ordeal.

I have read more than one article that seem legit on Jesus studying the ways of the Buddha or the way of the Nazarenes. The northern sect of the Nazarenes may not have actually been called Buddhist though, Possibly a Sanatana group.

My time to be creative. Are we in some way discussing amygdala fear overload experiences and the possibility of awakening of third eye abilities following that experience?

Sounds good to me.
Oh, that's right, I am not the OP. Hey, I get off topic on my own threads
edit on 10-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It's interesting because even the Muslims have their knowledge about the return of Jesus. There version is different to the supposed Christian version. They have been taught that Jesus will return in Syria or to be exact Damascus. He will be a human being. he will war against the Antichrist and then he will also die like all humans must.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime

. . . look for answers regarding the Son of God... God manifest in the flesh (John 1:14) is in the Bible.
It doesn't actually say that.
What it says in Greek is Kai ho Logos sarx egeneto, which means "and the Logos of mankind came".
The tortured translation we get in our official Bible versions reflect, I think, centuries of the use of the verse for making arguments in the great Trinity debates that went on for centuries in the earlier Christian era.

If you don't believe that all scripture was inspired by God, then you can never come to a saving understanding of the LORD Jesus Christ . . .
I doubt that a thorough understanding of the Bible is necessary for salvation.
The verse you cited was about what the Apostles had written, and how that establishes the authentic gospel of Jesus, since apparently other people were going about preaching another version that deviated from what they had received.
So it isn't really about some sort of infallibility but the guidelines to a basic correct understanding of Jesus and what he did and said, and how we are to behave as a church.

There is a huge distinction between believing IN Jesus Christ and believing ON Jesus Christ.
I think that is just a peculiarity of language from the King James, and there is no difference.

. . . an unmovable faith in Him and His work on the cross to save you from an eternity in hell, because there is nothing you, me, or anyone else can do to earn salvation.
That would go against the things that Paul said about his own salvation.
He talks about it as a constant struggle that does not end until death.

How does one obtain salvation? That is the eternal question... the most important question anyone could ever ask. Thankfully, the answer is very simple.
It was for Jesus, when he was asked, he said, "What does the Law tell you?"
Things like "don't steal" and "don't murder".

Step one is to humble yourself and admit that you are a sinner, who has offended God by breaking His commandments, and that because of this you and everyone who has ever lived, or ever will live, deserves an eternity in hell.
Because sin has entered into the world, there is death, and everybody dies.
Through the righteousness of one man (Jesus ) LIFE has entered the world.
How that works is that metaphorically, he is the second Adam, and therefore represents humanity, at least the part that believes in him.
People can only be so good because of our degraded human condition after thousands of years of sin ruling over us.
The part that we can't get past may not have anything to do with our wanting to be good, but is the result of our very humanity.
Jesus, being one of us, as a human in his life here, and being accepted by God to be raised to Heaven in his resurrected form, in itself, makes being a human OK.
So, metaphorically, Jesus is an atonement, meaning he is the go-between, who intercedes on our behalf to make our not-quite-so-perfect righteousness acceptable to God.

Romans 3:23 says "for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God", and Romans 6:23 says "for the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
The first verse is Paul quoting the Old Testament to show the Jewish converts to Christianity in Roman that they by keeping the Law were not somehow more righteous than the gentile converts to Christianity, because the OT itself seems to discount the idea that merely following the Law makes one righteous on its own.
The second verse is part of an analogy Paul was making about being a slave to sin, where he likens it to being in an army, where if you are a soldier fighting for that army, it is expected that the army supports you, at least giving you rations for enough to eat (in lue of "pay").
The point being that if you were in the service of sin, all the "pay" that you could expect from that is death.
He was not giving a literal description of how you accumulate a "sin debt".
I realize that there are some people out there who do take it literally, and then use that "fact" to set up the conclusion that Jesus' dying somehow "paid" that supposed sin debt.
Of course none of it is in the least bit supported by the Bible, but is just so much philosophical theory.

Arguably the most famous passage in the entire Bible, John 3:16-18 says...
Those who believe in Jesus metaphorically are in the light, which is in practical terms, given a spirit of God through the intermediary, Jesus, to live in righteousness, having turned away from the ways of darkness.

Another very famous passage in Acts 16:29-34 shows how easy it really is to be saved...
"Saved" in the story is not the same as how that word is used in modern pop-culture religion, to mean basically a guaranteed golden ticket to the Rapture.

I will leave you with the words of Jesus Christ Himself, speaking about the Holy Spirit from John 16:13-15...
Which is the explanation for the existence of the Gospel of John itself, and the source of its authority.

edit on 10-6-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I am here asking and knocking. I will seek until I find. Im looking for God.

My friend, if it is the truth you seek, then ask the Lord. We can give information, but only our heavenly Father has the ability and authority fill you with the Holy Spirit and give you a discerning eye for the truth. Read John chapter 3. Jesus came so that we could be redeemed in Him. He purchased us from the bondage of sin with His death.

All you need to do in believe that Jesus paid for your sins, and eternal life is your's. Jesus is the Light of the world. Those who do not love the Light, love the darkness of sin. Those who love the Light honor Jesus' selfless sacrifice with faith.

Seek not the truth from within, but from our heavenly Father. He is the source of all truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

All you need to do in believe that Jesus paid for your sins, and eternal life is your's.
If that was the case, then I would think that it would be important enough to get some sort of mention in the Bible.
Being "redeemed" and "purchased" are terms used exclusively metaphorically in the New Testament, and are not even related to the idea of "paying" for sins.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Metaphor...blah,blah,blah, symbolic...blah,blah, blah.

You sound like a broken record.

God gave us His message, and He made it clear. Side stepping the bible with pure symbolic interpretation will not change the truth.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The Muslim stories were made up 650 years after Jesus died. I don't see how they could know anything about Jesus or His return. But the stories about Jesus return were written down by eyewitness' to Jesus ministry. So I"m thinking the Christian Jesus is more accurate about Who Jesus is. Obviously you disagree.

I guess we'll all find out when it happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Seek not the truth from within, but from our heavenly Father. He is the source of all truth.

Seek the truth .. it is within you.

Jesus said - Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21)

Jesus said - “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness,” he declared, “and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).

Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:19-20

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

Excellent book -
St. Teresa of Avila - The Interior Castle

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

"'Is he here now?'"
"Not here on earth, no. But alive? Yes."

1. Yours was an excellent post and your advice was spot on.
2. Is He here now? I can only speak from beliefs but in the spiritual sense, I believe He is here with us. Mathew 18:20: "Where two or three are gathered together in my name - That is, to worship me. I am in the midst of them - By my Spirit, to quicken their prayers, guide their counsels, and answer their petitions."

Cheers.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Seek the truth .. it is within you.

Jesus said - Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21)

Jesus said - “But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness,” he declared, “and all these things shall be added unto you” (Matthew 6:33).

Christ lives in me. Galatians 2:19-20

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

Excellent book -
St. Teresa of Avila - The Interior Castle

You have to believe first before the truth can be in you. Those passages are for believers.

Rev 3:20 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Jesus is the Truth. If you do not let Him in, He can not dwell inside you. No Jesus, no truth.
edit on 11-6-2014 by BELIEVERpriest because: added text

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

This is short.

I have read various threads and posts regarding Jesus.

This thread is specifically directed at those who have contributed massively to other threads.

TextI genuinely would like to know. Does Jesus know who he is? Is he here now? Does he know what he is capable of? Is he an Aquarius? Valentines Day?

Yes, Jesus does know who He is but many people do not know who He is. He has resurrected back to His celestial estate and now sits on the right of the power or glory of the Creator as "The Word Of God."

No, He is not here as of now. His name has been given to us to identify our relation to God but the man Jesus is dead forever. As He returns He will be seen as "The Word Of God." Not as flesh and blood Jesus. The Holy Spirit God is now in His place upon this earth.

Yes, He does know what He is capable of. He is the visibility of the Creator God and being of that portion of God, He s the Creator God.

No, He is not Aquarius nor Valentine. Those are terrestrial connotations and He is not terrestrial. All terrestrial elements shall eventually be destroyed and being celestial He is eternal. Flesh and blood can not enter the celestial realm. Jesus was flesh and blood and has now perished but His name remains as our understanding God.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join