It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to know about the returning Messiah.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This is short.

I have read various threads and posts regarding Jesus.

This thread is specifically directed at those who have contributed massively to other threads.

I genuinely would like to know.
Does Jesus know who he is?
Is he here now?
Does he know what he is capable of?
Is he an Aquarius?
Valentines Day?

Im intrigued. .......

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jazz10

Is he an Aquarius? Valentines Day?

Where are you going with those two in regards to jesus?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

water bearer

love

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

The Messiah may not know he is the Messiah until he is ready

I don't know if the Messiah has been reborn.

The Messiah will not know what he is capable of till he has finished his initiation.

Is he an Aquarius? There is a one in twelve chance he is.

The Messiah will most likely not be called Jesus when he returns. Not many people would name their kid Jesus or his Hebrew name. I'm pretty sure that most of society will reject him when he does come.

Gee, I just made up a whole lot of stuff just now. I like opportunities to be creative.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Briefly, Matthew ch24 describes how "the Son of Man" arrives suddenly ("like a flash of lightning") and in a very visible state of power ("coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory").
It very specifically warns against accepting ANYONE walking around earth in ordinary human form as the returned Christ ("do not go there... do not believe it").
This completely rules out any idea that he would return by being "re-born", which means that he cannot be on the earth at present (if he had returned, we would all know about it and you would not need to ask).
And if he is not going to be "re-born", the question "Does he know who he is?" (which assumes "re-birth") is irrelevant.

edit on 10-6-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10

Of course. He Himself said that He came down from Heaven and that He and the Father are One.

Is he here now?

If He was, you'd not have to ask. Scripture is clear that He'll return the same way He left. He'll come back with trumpets blasting and accompanied by angels.

He rose from the dead. I'd say that's a big 'YES' .. He knows what He can do.

Is he an Aquarius? Valentines Day?

I don't know what that means .. and I don't think it matters what exact day He was born on Earth.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
You assume Jesus will be reincarnated or something like that?
That's what it sounds like. Is that what you think? Just curious.
Do you think He's a buddha master who returns like that??

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The son of Ghad(Jihad) are 3.

Unreal Pulsating Aeon!
edit on 10-6-2014 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

If you are genuinely curious about these questions, you are seeking out the answers in the wrong place. You'll find people here willing to try to point you in the right direction and help you, but you will also face ridicule and a lot of distractions and misinformation (as well as outright lies) from the membership here. It's one thing to face all of that when you are already standing on a solid foundation, and another thing entirely when you are just starting to investigate these issues.

In the meantime:

Yes. Contrary to what some will tell you, Jesus identified himself as the messiah multiple times in the New Testament, and frequently referenced Old Testament passages as a way of doing this so that the people of his day (including the religious figures of his day) could make no mistake about what it was he was claiming. His entire ministry was pointing towards calvary and he knew all along what he was doing, who he was, and what purpose he had, and this can be seen in the many references he made to his crucifixion long before it was apparent to anyone else that he would end up on the cross.

Is he here now?

Not here on earth, no. But alive? Yes.

Yes. He did when he was on earth as well, and this can be seen when he is being questioned by pilate, and say's to pilate that he would have no authority if it were not given to him by the father.

"So Pilate said to Him, "You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?" 11Jesus answered, "You would have no authority over Me, unless it had been given you from above; for this reason he who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

Is he an Aquarius?

This isn't really possible to answer. We can pin down when Jesus was crucified due to passover, but his birth is much more difficult, and you will find varying answers as to what month He was born.

Valentines Day?

What about it?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

OOOhhh....You are giving me another chance to get creative again....rats, I can't think of anything. Maybe I should go make supper.

I like the Buddha master idea.

edit on 10-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I like the Buddha master idea.

One of my Buddhist magazines has the writers considering Jesus to be a Buddha master. That when He says He came from Heaven to save souls, it's Him being an enlightened master and coming that way ....

My Catholic books say He's God incarnate.

Either way, the answer to the OPs question would be that YES .. He knows Who He is and what He can do.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I genuinely would like to know.
Is he here now?
Jesus is in Heaven though with us always in the spirit.
Jesus is actively Lord now.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jazz10
I have read various threads and posts regarding Jesus.......

P.S. Are you referring to this one?
Where does Jesus promise to return?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

But Jesus did not know he was truly the messiah till he went into the desert and confronted Satan. The Buddha only gained his wisdom after he finished his ordeal.

I have read more than one article that seem legit on Jesus studying the ways of the Buddha or the way of the Nazarenes. The northern sect of the Nazarenes may not have actually been called Buddhist though, Possibly a Sanatana group.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Why search conspiracy websites for your answers, when every answer that you seek regarding Jesus Christ is already written in great detail in the Bible. Start with the Gospel of John, because that gospel is specifically written to unbelievers. John 20:30-31 says...

30 Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. 31 But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

edit on 10-6-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Really my friend, ridicule does not bother me in the slightest. I am here in search abd with searching I will find.

I am here asking and knocking. I will seek until I find. Im looking for God.
edit on 10-6-2014 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

But Jesus did not know he was truly the messiah till he went into the desert and confronted Satan. The Buddha only gained his wisdom after he finished his ordeal.

I have read more than one article that seem legit on Jesus studying the ways of the Buddha or the way of the Nazarenes. The northern sect of the Nazarenes may not have actually been called Buddhist though, Possibly a Sanatana group.

How do you figure Jesus didn't know he was the messiah until after his temptation in the desert? The temptation in the desert happens in matthew in chapter 5, yet in Chapter 4 we have the story of His baptism by John the baptist:

Matthew 3:13-17
New International Version (NIV)
The Baptism of Jesus

13 Then Jesus came from Galilee to the Jordan to be baptized by John. 14 But John tried to deter him, saying, “I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?”

15 Jesus replied, “Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness.” Then John consented.

16 As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

As for "the way of the nazarene" Jesus was a Nazarene by virtue of growing up in Nazareth (all people from that area were called Nazarenes at that time). I think the term you might be looking for is Essene?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusSubprime
The Bible is written by a select few. A select few who prefer to keep secrets.

I ask for truth and transparency yet I wont find that with publishers will I.

I have rwad many posts here on ATS and deep down many are asking the same as me but they'd rather not admit it because they face ridicule.

Now what if I say I will find but only with your help?

I truly believe and have faith in God and what I am trying to prove is he syands for all of us and not a specific religion, colour or nationality.
I will bring the truth.....one day.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Yup, Essene was the group. I sometimes remember the names of things wrong....They lived down by the water.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not necessarily wrong, really. There were Nazarean Essene's with their own distinct set of beliefs and rituals, so it can get sort of complicated and I just wanted to clarify if that is what you meant

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join