It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaeda seizes Iraq's third-largest city as terrified residents flee

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

wont be long before Al Qaeda have their own air force and navy...they just need to get their hands on all that filthy oil. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

The resurrection of the Kamikaze!

edit on 6/10/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yup, I think the people of Iraq were better off under Saddam. Too bad he was such a jerk...Oh yeah, we helped him get into power didn't we? The US government sure knows how to pick em.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

Yeah, The Nation State of Al Quida with The Spanking New f-16s were selling the Iraqi Govt Right Now. As good as it gets guys and gals
Peace arjunanda

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000
The US just chose to exit the battle while the others kept right on going. (sigh)

The Iranians and Saudis need to step back and stop supplying, training and supporting the opposing sides. If they did then groups such as this wouldn't be able to take advantage of the sectarian chaos as those two have helped foster.

They want to reach Iran from east and west. From borders of Pakistan and from borders of Iraq. How can Iran just sit and watch ! However Iran should not enter the battle directly.
Have not you watched the movie "world war Z" !!!
These are scenarios not simple movies ! This is a game for them.
In that movie you see very briefly that zombies try to enter Iran from borders of Pakistan and both Iran and Pakistan will ruin each other with atomic bombs !!!!
And many other codes are there.
Those Zombies are players of hidden hands.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
It's quite obvious these well armed well trained al qua cia da have come from Syria as the government forces are winning the war and driving them out well done USA / Britain great idea to arm and fund the Islamic "rebels" has the USA any plans to win a war or is she gona keep starting them until she has to be stopped and Europe like the 3 monkeys supporting its got to come to a head soon

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I used to have genuine concern for these Middle-Eastern peoples and their plights over the decades: being under the thumb of dictators; citizens harassed, gassed and bombed by opposing religious forces; citizens harassed, gassed and bombed by invading foreign forces. But after all of the bullspit, all of the sorrow and all of the death and destruction they essentially allow a terrorist group to waltz in practically unopposed, as far as I'm concerned. It's like someone hit the instant replay button from two decades ago.

I no longer care about the Iraqis. Or the Syrians. Or the Palestinians. Or the whatevers-left-inians. If they battle off the attackers on their own, great; if al Qaeda takes over, good for them and once the dust settles we should engage in diplomacy and trade like we do with virtually every other regime we don't like.

My empathy well has officially run dry. We got our own problems to be worrying about at home.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

I believe we "split" because we were asked to do so.

U.S. Troops Are Leaving Because Iraq Doesn't Want Them There

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: thisguyrighthere

America probably sold Al-Qaeda the better weapons

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
US..... masters of De-stabilisation... reply to: ImaFungi

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv
just curious....
but every country that succesfully kept al-quaida out there borders is taken over by them after the us has invaded ore interferred...
that makes you think......

perhaps the real name for al-quaida = PROJECT al-quaida ???????
edit on 10-6-2014 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Iraq was much better off before we invaded their country, destroyed it’s infrastructure and killed (murdered) over 500,000 of it’s citizens.

And what was our justification? To rob them of, and take over, their oil production capabilities? That didn’t work. Because Saddam Hussein was linked to Al Qaeda? That was proven wrong. To rid them of their WMD’s? What WMD’s? Because of Iraqi involvement in the 9/11 attack? No evidence was found of that. To finish the job Dubya’s daddy left undone? Maybe. Because Saddam Hussein was a bad guy and killed a lot of his own people? Perhaps. But then, I don’t know that he killed more of his own people than Dubya & Company did. Seems like a coin toss to me.

As bad of a guy as Hussein was, he was no fan of Al Qaeda, Osama bin Laden and Islamic terrorists in general. He considered them a threat to his own power and didn’t support them. He ruled his nation with an iron fist, but at least it kept the nation from falling into chaos and anarchy, and there was no threat of Islamic terrorists taking it over (as there is today).

The result of our occupation of Iraq
Dick Cheney got a lot richer,
American body count: approx 4,400+ dead, 30,000+ wounded,
Iraqi body count: varies from 500,000-1,000,000+ dead (per scientific surveys)

For more detailed results, checkout Casualties of the Iraq War

You can also read more about Hussein and his relationship with Al Qaeda HERE

Bottom line is, we did way more harm than good in Iraq, and IMHO our intentions going in were far from noble. As far as I know, the only ones to benefit from that horrific debacle were Dubya, Cheney and friends (co-conspirators). We basically destroyed that country and handed it over to Al Qaeda on a silver platter. Is it any wonder we’ve lost respect and stature around the world?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This story is an obvious hoax.

I have proof.

Obama announced that al Qaeda was on the run and finished when he took credit for killing Osama bin Laden.

So there you go.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Let's just let them create their own country. They can imprison innocent people and that will be the first real step towards "democracy" that would have been seen thus far. I am quite confident that these individuals have simply been waiting out US forces. Both sides knew the US could not stay indefinitely. Considering the amount of firepower supposedly brought to bear in this battle, they have obviously been planning on doing something like this for a while.

The US, the most modern and advanced military force in the world as far as a combination of various factors, could not outright beat an insurgency...What makes anyone think the Iraqis can? And why don't the people fight back? They don't have a second amendment nor do they have guns. The bad guys are the ones with the guns over there, on average. That is just what would happen if guns were outlawed in the US by the way. Parallels should be drawn with 2nd amendment rights in the US to a small degree. Or they could be drawn.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
If I were stumbling on this board for the first time, I'd assume this is an anti-American site run by a hated rival nation.

Doesn't really matter what the U.S. does, helps.. doesn't help. Donates money or doesn't.. sends troops or not, interferes or stays out of a situation, they will be lambasted and harassed for their actions. For many, especially here, they literally can't do a right action in any situation.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I have to say, I'm getting a little tired of the regular anti-American garbage worked into all sorts of topics, too. However, on this one? It's kinda hard to say it's not our fault.

Whatever issues Iraq had with a psychopathic leader with a couple kids who thought killing was a cool pastime, they didn't get blown to ribbons walking to the market. I recall the first bombings in Iraq and the shock of the Iraqis at a tactic they simply hadn't seen in their nation before. Now it's hard to imagine Iraq and not associate it with IED's.

In strict physical terms, we scrapped and junked what they had for a military when we invaded and there after. Which is fine...that was the whole point, after all. In my view, the problem came in LEAVING them damn near as gutted and unable to defend themselves as we insured they started.

That staked them out like goats to slaughter..and we wished them well. How can't we associate Iraq's fate now with what we did there?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Not quite accurate. It was actually ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria) a Western-backed rebel group which is so extreme that Al Qaeda distanced themselves from them. Al Qaeda thinks these guys are too extreme.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Yea if we did any sort of positive job or 'successful mission' how would it even be possible that their second biggest city just got taken over by a terrorist organization? If this is able to occur, the entire thing we went there to make sure isnt able to occur, then the entire years and money spent there has been a waste (well not a waste for the few americans who profited grossly but, you know).

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yup, I'm pretty tired of seeing it. We can do nothing right, whether we help or don't help.

Funny thing is, the America bashers on this site all seem to have one thing in common, if you know what I mean

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldetimehockey4

Yup, I'm pretty tired of seeing it. We can do nothing right, whether we help or don't help.

Funny thing is, the America bashers on this site all seem to have one thing in common, if you know what I mean

Excuse me sir, is this an unruly statement; If we did any sort of positive job or 'successful mission' how would it even be possible that their second biggest city just got taken over by a terrorist organization? If this is able to occur, the entire thing we went there to make sure isnt able to occur, then the entire years and money spent there has been a waste (well not a waste for the few americans who profited grossly but, you know).

Do you know how severe what is currently occurring is there?

Do you think the founding fathers would have want unwavering blind and mindless nationalism at all times in the place of constant criticizing, discussion, debate, rational and reasonable thought?

It takes no effort or critical thought to 'not bash America', or be critical of its actions. Anyone and everyone could do that, cover their ears, cover their eyes, cover their mouths, and buy an American flag and all would be well in the world, but 'something' and 'somethings' compel some people to observe, analyze, and critically think.
edit on 11-6-2014 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: freakwars
ISIS (Islamic State of Iraq and Syria...

Thanks for informing me.

And there i was, listening to the news and thinking "Why the hell are muslims using the name of an Egyptian god?"

Doh

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join