It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 10 warthog defeated. Good night sweet prince

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerekJR321
I didn't get a chance to read through all the posts.. but.. the A-10 received another year of funding. IE: It's not dead... yet...

Senate Appropriations Committee FY 2015

I read that too, but its certainly on the chopping board soon

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: DerekJR321

I suggest a" GIVE IT TO THE CAV" campaign by the way...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
as an Aircraft maintainer... if the USAF doesn't want it anymore.. give it to the army... or the marines..I would love to see what those crazy SOB's would do with it.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Milomilo wouldn't I bet...

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

but that goes against the agreement that oversaw the creation of the USAF in the first place, an agreement that specifically said that fixed-wing aircraft were to be part of the USAF, and not the US Amy.

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Despite what some people say, none of the planes tagged to replace them till a better alternative is built can do the job nearly as well... its not even close.

the A-10 has a better loiter time, and low and slow is the best... and I mean the BEST way to do CAS... which of the fighters pointed at as able to do the job can fly low, slow, safe, and has a decent loiter time? (forgot to add can take a beating)

If the agreement is the only thing standing in the way it needs to go away, saving soldiers lives is a lot more important than a pissing contest between the services.
edit on 19-7-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
best thing for A10 would be retirement and the responsibility of fixed wing support goes from USAF to US Army. Then US army can define its own support aircraft requirement and create something more inline with Army Air Support doctrine thats compatible in system and tactics with their mostly heliborne support group.

or the army could just buy SU25 and use it since it is better than the aging A10

this is if USAF dont pull it's card saying "everything fixed wing will be our responsibility" BS..

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: milomilo

SCARES ya huh? WOW that feels great. SU 25 HAW.
My favorite round is the 7.62X39 Russian it is closely matched to the model .32 I grew up learning Kentucky windage on. I stuck an SKS in a CBRS stock W' scout mount,Cause I like the config
I was never trained as a sniper.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

SCARES ya huh? WOW that feels great. SU 25 HAW.
My favorite round is the 7.62X39 Russian it is closely matched to the model .32 I grew up learning Kentucky windage on. I stuck an SKS in a CBRS stock W' scout mount,Cause I like the config
I was never trained as a sniper.

oh gosh stop bringing that kind of stuff that you obviously knew nothing about.. you are embarrasing yourself with your lack of weapon knowledge and really showed that you never hold firearms in your life let alone joining the army..

please return to you XBOX or play WOW like Brevik or whatever fantasy you indulges in.. or you can go to school and learn something , kiddo

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Hasn't got a chance does he?

I'm an artist too ya wana play with that? Maybe you would be capable of nominal speech then.
edit on 20-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: finished my point.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   
That GAU-8 avenger autocannon is the damned *bleep*

It makes me sad even thinking that enemy tanks wont be shredded by that devastating weapon system.

If i ever get reincarnated as a cyborg like robocop i WANT one of these attached.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=18170810]Biigs[/post
My ghess is IGNATZ has NO idea what a GAU-8 is if an SKS confuses him. Minigun dummy! Butcher of the battle field just ask the Repubican guards about when we vectored one to them.

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: [post=18170810]Biigs[/post
My ghess is IGNATZ has NO idea what a GAU-8 is if an SKS confuses him. Minigun dummy! Butcher of the battle field just ask the Repubican guards about when we vectored one to them.

any kid would know these useless gun will cause A10 to get shotdown immediately in the modern battlefield.. speed is the best protection for CAS aircraft.. heck i thought as a kid playing nonstop XBOX games you should know this..

of course A10 is perfect for low tech freedom fighters recruited from goat herders.. try it with the chinese or indian or russian and no more A10 lol

posted on Jul, 20 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OH THEY ARE TERRIFIED of the A-10, the RUSSIANS were ALL Screwed up after Desert Storm,the WORLD had NO idea what we could do with a unified combat doctrine.
I think the worst part for them is when they hit one with a ZSU (YOU DO KNOW WHAT A ZSU is RIGHT DUMBASS? CHRIST IT'S LIKE RAISING KIDS).and it returned to kill them. TRIPLE redundant ANALOGUE systems and a titanium bathtub SU25 pilots would SELL THEIR soul for one,if the state didn't own it already. +Someone show me that ship that got hit if there are pictures.
The us forces were untried and the Iraqis were combat hardened by their war with Iran EVERYBODY said we would die,I gave it a week. Milomilo here is an example of why...
WE think circles around them effortlessly because THAT is HOW you EXIST in AMERICA. It is VERY HARD to make it here without imagination and guts.

look AT Milomilo,ashamed to declare himself of his people,embarrassing himself TRYING to glean ANY intell he possibly can for his pathetic existence no doubt,another hostage...
edit on 20-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2014 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I doubt they will actually get rid of it and I'm sure I've heard this same topic a few times before? They've certainly been planning to scrap it since before granby/desert storm. The fact of the matter is its proven its credentials as a battle changer too many times to just end up scrapped. It's lower speed is actually an asset to the hog because it gives it more time on target and it has brilliant loiter time too. Anyone who has been on the ground in the # and heard that gun will tell you it's a fearsome weapons platform that makes you feel protected and watched over. Even as a brit I would be sad to see it go but there is still life in the old bitch yet.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

The leadership would gladly get rid of their mother right now if it meant more F-35s. I've never been as disgusted by them as I currently am, which is saying a lot considering some of the awful leadership I've seen over the years.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The leadership would gladly get rid of their mother right now if it meant more F-35s. I've never been as disgusted by them as I currently am, which is saying a lot considering some of the awful leadership I've seen over the years.
fair one. I thought penny pinching was our game though not yours lol. To be honest I can't think of anything an a10 could do that an apache couldn't but it just seems every time they consider scrapping them they end up getting put to good use and prove their worth. I just hope they don't want a highly sophisticated aircraft because they have plans for a highly sophisticated enemy...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The current plans have them gutting the current inventory of everything useful, the A-10, U-2, and KC-10 (that one pisses me off the most as there are nowhere near enough tankers, and the KC-46 won't fly until late 2015). Some of that money will go to operations, the rest, once they get below the required cuts, goes to the -35. There was even talk of removing the B-1 to get more money freed up.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

The current plans have them gutting the current inventory of everything useful, the A-10, U-2, and KC-10 (that one pisses me off the most as there are nowhere near enough tankers, and the KC-46 won't fly until late 2015). Some of that money will go to operations, the rest, once they get below the required cuts, goes to the -35. There was even talk of removing the B-1 to get more money freed up.
have they never heard the saying don't put all your eggs in the one basket? Am I right that we are meant to be purchasing some of them? Sure I read that somewhere. (Probably about two. All we could afford.)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I want to say 44, but that's going from memory so is probably wrong. Joint RN/RAF squadrons with one RN and one RAF each that is separate.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join