It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

happening right now X2.2 solar flare... and couple days ago a sockwave??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

"Ass hurt" ? How old are you?? Guess you just made a simple mistake, no smiley face there, it remains a whiny post about the way "ATS is slacking i was gone for two weeks cause of the drama every post you put now gets attacked...
"

But really, as I said, it's no big deal- mistakes happen. And grammar gets fergot.

Back to the topic, did you see there was another X flare today??

edit on 11-6-2014 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
a reply to: ATF1886

"Ass hurt" ? How old are you?? Guess you just made a simple mistake, no smiley face there, it remains a whiny post about the way "ATS is slacking i was gone for two weeks cause of the drama every post you put now gets attacked...
"

But really, as I said, it's no big deal- mistakes happen. And grammar gets fergot.

Back to the topic, did you see there was another X flare today??

Saw that new X1 today but read a story on all the X class flares from the Sun this year and did not realize there was an X4 in February...now that would have messed some stuff up!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
FTR and for a quick update, this is the latest chart for activity

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Apparently the CME from one of the large X flares will be arriving for a "glancing blow" on the, of all days, Friday the 13th.....

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

English might not be this poster language. And to be honest your post seemed kinda whiny also. Pot meet kettle. And if it was not big deal why point every little thing out. ATS is really starting to suck with the constant pointless drama.

Like I said before I rarely post in these threads I know very little about the topic but I do like to read them. And at some point posters are going to say whats the point in posting a new topic.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Yea last 3 days have been really active in feb i didnt catch it wow yea must of been one of those close calls nasa sits there and starts pulling hairs hopin it wont hit either or natural or man made we are goin to eventually be ht by one. a reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
X2.2 isn't very powerful one, not even near. It doesn't have any effect on satellites and only causes geomagnetic storms around polar regions, sadly it will not be visible in the north as its summer and sky is always blue and too bright for aurora to be seen.

We only have to start worrying when X6-class flare happens. Last time X6.9 solar flare hit in 2011. At X6 the solar flares can cause radio blackouts, gps errors and satellite disconnections, but have no effects on surface, its not strong enough to penetrate atmosphere.

Here's the X6.9

And everyone remembers March 1989 geomagnetic storm, when Hydro-Québec's electricity transmission system collapsed due geomagnetic storm. That flare was X15. Worst event was Carrington Event in 1859, but no one knows what X-class it was, must have been 30 or something. Similar event would cause catastrophe, as it would completely destroy power grid. We would have to be months without electricity. Even years in some areas. It would also cause ecological disasters, as oil and gas lines would be broken. Any satellite on orbit would be useless after such event. People on ISS would be dead due radiation poisoning. They wouldn't even have time to escape, as it would just take few hours after solar flare has been detected. Strongest ones travel very fast.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Thebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
This is certainly interesting.

Something that had happened back in the 1800s when all the grids went down an fried power lines might happen again.

You know, I once saw a documentary on that, about trying to rectify problems with our current power grids, adding an extra piece of hardware that would drastically reduce damage should another 1800s power outage event happen.
It would be a pretty penny, but well worth it for the protection of our lines.

Although....I do wonder what it may be like if the grid did go down due to solar flares...........................

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Is this when all those missing socks come back to us?
Sorry, couldn't resist

Anyways not long to go if it's supposed to be in half an hour

top topics

<< 1   >>

join