It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Ragnarok Will Be Under Fire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy
I'm not aware of a conspiracy here.
Google the following: Pope Infallible.
: Basic Astronomy.
: Galileo.
: Rules of logic.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

when a person kills someone - because they claim their imaginary friend told them too - there is no point asking " whats your friends name " - they are still bat guano crazy

I don't think the kid believed Odin told him to.

But the point was made, it was to discredit religious worldviews.

You would think they'd have gone into depth if that were the case. If they had an agenda to push, they skimmed. A lot.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I wrote a thread about Ragnarock earlier in the year and there was a lot about it in the media as it was supposedly the commencement of it according to certain interpretations.

However, I would be wary of making links to it as some sort of religious psychosis, apparently it was also texted that he believed the rest of his school as ''plebeians''.

Something to also consider is the fact that some reporting is dubious and will try and angle stories, for example playing certain things into certain lights because of their own prejudices, essentially attempts at vilifying Norse Paganism might be the aim of some.

Here is a comment written under the article, I would say it is apt.

Perhaps it isn't so strange that very unhappy people are so often fascinated by legends and prophecies about the end of the world... Ragnarok, Armageddon, etc... perhaps it appeals to their sense of "justice" that the world that they see as having been so unfair to them should suffer some final and overwhelming punishment.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

It sounds like he wanted to fulfill one of Ragnarok’s prophecies through his killing spree. The Norse Poetic Edda poem Voluspa makes this prediction about the state of mankind at Ragnarok:

Brothers will fight
and kill each other,
sisters’ children
will defile kinship.
It is harsh in the world,
whoredom rife
-an axe age, a sword age
-shields are riven-
a wind age, a wolf age-
before the world goes headlong.
No man will have
mercy on another.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Doesn't say anywhere on the article that the kid was a follower of Norse religion just that he titled his work "Ragnarok". I don't feel my beliefs are threatened by this article or this kid. Many people use the terms Armageddon, Ragnarok etc for what they feel will be the end of their world. Sounds like this kid was pushed and snapped. I feel for the families of those he hurt.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thalestris
Doesn't say anywhere on the article that the kid was a follower of Norse religion just that he titled his work "Ragnarok". I don't feel my beliefs are threatened by this article or this kid. Many people use the terms Armageddon, Ragnarok etc for what they feel will be the end of their world. Sounds like this kid was pushed and snapped. I feel for the families of those he hurt.

Norse Mythology was trending today on Yahoo.

I wasn't sure but I thought Ragnarok was about a future event. Maybe the writer didn't know much about it and pounced on the one thing they thought was important.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join