It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Hmmm,

I see your point.

Fair enough - I can't speak for how much of the "gay" populace acts this way (ie forces themselves on others) - I don't go out of my way to find out who is gay and who is not.

But, if I can avoid them - I do. Just not interested in surrounding myself with them.

That isn't to say that I don't possibly know some - who I respect for not imposing on me.

On the other hand I won't back away from the theory that radio waves are being used in some very unpleasant ways - that is something I will leave to people to decide for themselves - but I have presented my case.

I do believe that the use of radio waves can change one's sexual interests quite effectively - short of knowing to undo it's effects - one is not born knowing - but it takes years of meditation to figure it out - at least that has been my mileage.

Hence, my interest in "helping" those who are on the fence - I do not feel it is "gay" bashing. It may be that you and others disagree - some have held steadfast to the idea that this is only a genetical trait and there is no possibility of one's willpower to intervene and change how one reacts to a situation - without being "forced". Others, yet, call it "brainwashing". I disagree that all of it is brainwashing - though I have to agree it might exist to some extent - which I am not in a position (nor do I hold anyone else in a position to honestly obtain information on) to comment on.

As these things take place in people's private domains their stated behaviours can differ from reality - and so studies can be rendered inconclusive.
edit on 16-6-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: last line.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: sensibleSenseless
a reply to: kaylaluv

Hmmm,

I see your point.

Fair enough - I can't speak for how much of the "gay" populace acts this way (ie forces themselves on others) - I don't go out of my way to find out who is gay and who is not.

I want to know what you do, where you are -- that all these gays are imposing themselves on you.

I mean, like, are you an usher in a gay nightclub?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
No Annee,

I was speaking of different experiences throughout my life.

You make it sound like there is a whole boat load of people - that isn't true. It is estimated that of the 33 million people in Canada there is only 1% of the populace that is gay.
edit on 16-6-2014 by sensibleSenseless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

So women who have breast augmentation, people who have cosmetic platic surgery or people with tattoos are all mentally ill according to you?
These people have made permanent changes to their bodies because they are not happy/satisfied/comfortable with the one they were born with.... The same reason a transgender person would seek gender reassignment surgery.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmyLou82

So women who have breast augmentation, people who have cosmetic platic surgery or people with tattoos are all mentally ill according to you?
These people have made permanent changes to their bodies because they are not happy/satisfied/comfortable with the one they were born with.... The same reason a transgender person would seek gender reassignment surgery.

Yeah.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

In your "ideal" world the majority of the population would be in mental hospitals or on drugs to treat their mental illness. That would leave the small minority to successfully sustain this "ideal" world.... (?)

People aren't "gay" because of a mental illness... It's generally the complete opposite.
People are homosexual/lesbian because it is born in them or they make their own decisions as to what they find pleasure in. Mental illness then follows due to a non accepting society and bullying.... Sadly suicide is often the end result.
And why.... Because "normal" people dont find pleasure in the same activities, activities that do not impact on their own lives whatsoever!

A variety of species including apes, dolphins and dogs participate in homosexual activities. These animals are mentally ill?

When a pet dog "loses it mind" it is taken to the vet and put down. So if more research is done and hypothetically it is found that homosexuality is caused by a mental disorder is it ok to put these individuals down?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: EmmyLou82

Yeah.

You are out of your mind. By far one of the most judgmental people I have ever witnessed. I can't believe how little tolerance you have for people that aren't you. Really sad to be honest. The fact that other people share your opinion is really disheartening. How in the world are we ever to exceed our current level of social compassion with throw backs like you walking around?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
I can't believe how little tolerance you have for people that aren't you.

I tolerate people just fine. I don't care if gay people want to be gay, and I don't care if insecure people want to get breast implants. I just happen to think there is something wrong in the brain that causes this.

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

What if homosexuality is nature's way to control population? Would you then consider them not mentally ill?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

What if homosexuality is nature's way to control population? Would you then consider them not mentally ill?

According to how I think mental illness should be defined, yes. If nature had a way of doing things that involved creating various mental illnesses to achieve some abstract effect, then we shouldn't be calling anything a mental illness.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   

If nature had a way of doing things that involved creating various mental illnesses to achieve some abstract effect, then we shouldn't be calling anything a mental illness.

This is the third time that you have made a further progress. Good for you

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I don't think some really understand what Conversion/Reparative Therapy entails.

It's not legitimate counseling to make a choice to live as a straight person, but understand that same sex attraction is always going to be there. Even so, counseling by choice needs to be the decision of an adult.

STUDENT RECOUNTS PAINFULLY CONVERSION THERAPY ABUSE

Parts one and two are a profile of a K-State student, whose name was changed for anonymity, who underwent a conversion therapy program as a child. The reference to LGBTQI stands for lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, questioning and inter-sex.

“I went up to my dad and just asked him why I didn’t like this (Playboy magazine), but I liked my best friend very much,” Swanson said. “I had a crush on him, and that was the first night my dad sent me to the emergency room.”

Reparative therapy in action: Swanson entered the room cautiously. He remembers the light yellow walls, the bibles stacked on a coffee table, a comfortable couch, and a welcoming man. “He said I was an abomination and the first session he listed all the religious reasons why I was evil,” Swanson said. “Which to me actually hurt quite a bit, because I was missionary kid and I had memorized all the verses he was reading to me.”

“Because all gay people had AIDS. Then he showed me everything that would happen with AIDS,” Swanson said. “He said you’ve already got this. You’re going to die, but we need to make sure you change before you die.”

After he was seated, each of his hands was strapped to the arm of the chair and softball-size ice blocks were placed in each palm. Then photos of men touching appeared on the screen. At times a heterosexual couple was shown, and the ice was removed. The ice was left on his palms, causing freezing pain, as many photos of homosexual men were shown.

Trying to believe his parents and therapist were acting for his own good, Swanson said he continued with the program and was introduced to its final stage: electricity. “Very very thin needles were inserted into my fingers, on all 10 fingers, still strapped down, and then the rest of my body was strapped down because they knew what was going to happen,” Swanson said. www.kstatecollegian.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Reading through the description from someone who went through it, I think its safe to say that what is being practiced isn't conversion therapy, its aversion therapy. They were trying to build painful, negative reinforcements, that's not therapy, its abuse and its disgusting that people would advocate for it when their own lord and savior was pro homosexuality.

The vast majority of Antigay "Christians" get their justification from text like Matthew 19:4-5 in which Jesus responds to a question of the acceptability of divorce and says-

‘Have you not read that the One who made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh”? Therefore, what God has joined together, let no one separate.’ ”

But as usual, they don't read the entire passage which goes on to say

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

Most people are reading through the obscured lense of the KJV and neglect to actually engage in some good old fashioned due diligence. If they had done so, they would have learned that in Palestine/Judea, Eunuchs -

In the ancient world, including ancient Jewish culture (as reflected in the Talmud), “natural” or “born” eunuchs were not associated with missing testicles. Rather, they were associated with stereotypically effeminate characteristics and behavior (just like modern gay men), and were thought by Rabbi Eliezer to be subject to “cure” (just like modern gays). Moreover, as we have also seen, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire. (For a complete discussion of the term "born eunuch" and the connection with homosexuality, see The Early Church Welcomed a Gay Man.) As a reasonably informed person of his time, Jesus would have been aware of this common view of eunuchs. Yet he very matter-of-factly asserts that some people are simply born that way. The implication of his statement is profound — God created gay people the way they are! Jesus says so. Unlike Rabbi Eliezer, Jesus feels no need to “cure” these born eunuchs. He speaks no words of condemnation. Rather he lists people born gay alongside another honored class (eunuchs for the kingdom), and accepts them as a natural part of God’s creation order.

when Matthew 19 is read as a whole, we see Jesus teaches that most people are created for heterosexual marriage. But, unlike some modern Christians, Jesus does not see this as the only honorable way to live. He acknowledges that some human beings have been created by God to follow a less common, but equally legitimate path. There are some who have been eunuchs from birth — made that way by God.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Another thread? I'll post the same. If love between male/female is a spell then same sex love must be a curse which has been in societies for several thousands of years. It takes a lot more to lift it than just a conversion therapy. Like how the definition of love is such that a womans' love just isn't convincing enough for males and the same for males' love to women. So I'd give those Texans more of a chance of success if they'd treat it like magic and a curse, or how to teach "love" to the general public in order to prevent anyone from misunderstanding procreation.

posted on Jun, 20 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Thank you Peter.

Yes. I've been following this subject for about 20 years. I think I've pretty much heard and read all sides.

But, it's always good when someone posts "full disclosure" -- instead of pick and choose.

I should probably look it up, but . . . I remember a list of how many times specific subjects are referenced in the bible; like divorce, taking care of the poor etc. Any reference to homosexuality is so insignificant in comparison. Hardly a blip.

The last time I looked up Christian divorces and abortions (by percentage) I think it was 52%. They really need to take care of their own house.

edit on 20-6-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join