It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The vegans need a cure.

They ain't right in the head.

Probably progressive vegans.

(can we just send them to camps?)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
Yet when discussing this issue on a political scale, LGB is proceeded with a T.

Transgender and homosexual are not the same. Just because they are in a political group together doesn't mean they somehow magically morph into the same thing.

Example - (it's a poor one but the best I can come up with) People say 'scouts' ... that includes cub scouts, brownies, boy scouts, girl scouts, weeblos, eagle scouts, camp fire girls, rainbow girls, boys brigade, girls brigade, Wandervogel, American heritage girls, Earth scouts, Earth champs, Frontier girls, ... but that doesn't mean they are all one group.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
The vegans need a cure. They ain't right in the head.

Force feed them some chocolate covered bacon. That should do it.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

and now you prove you dont know the difference between a homosexual and someone who is transgender.

Really proving yourself here.

Lol. No. I have no clue. Is there a difference? I thought all gay people wanted to just go ahead and have their organs removed. Yeah I proved it. You heard the guy. I don't know. And I've proved that I don't know.

Seriously though, your attacks on me are weak that you have to fabricate an event taking place of me proving myself ignorant of what I'm arguing about just to enforce your stance.

I do love, though, people like you. "If you dont think like me you have a mental problem"

Again, where have I said that? I guess, in your mind, I've "proven" it. But, no, I never said that "if you don't think like me you have a mental problem". Again, if you have to make things up to enforce your stance, then that does prove that you might not be educated enough to make a valuable contribution to this thread on your behalf.

Low iq and narcisism are a bad combo.

So now I'm narcissistic? You might as well look up every name in the book and go ahead and say that's what I am. I'm sure, by the end of our discussion, you would have at least imagined that they all fit anyway.

And I have a low IQ? Man. You've really got me figured out. I'm just some idiot who don't no nothin.
edit on 10-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
A gay man has no control of who he is attracted to, nor does a straight man. They cant control liking strawberries and hating blueberries. Our brain tells us these things. Deciding what needs to be fixed is the real problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

The vegans need a cure.

They ain't right in the head.

Probably progressive vegans.

(can we just send them to camps?)

As a vegan I resemble that remark.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Transgender and homosexual are not the same. Just because they are in a political group together doesn't mean they somehow magically morph into the same thing.

They are being equally fought for for equal treatment. So, the decision about any one of the four groups will affect what happens to any of the other three equally. So, according to the political debate, as it is today, if we're talking about research and development for treatment programs for the LGBT group, then that applies to them all. In any case, they are all a form of mental illness. I just used the transgender example because it was the most obvious. But, I have a valid case about all of them being forms of mental illness.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

In any case, they are all a form of mental illness. I just used the transgender example because it was the most obvious. But, I have a valid case about all of them being forms of mental illness.

Then why the suspense? We're at the bottom of page 3 and you've yet to share with us your spectacular evidence for the epidemic of homosexual mental illness permeating our society so please do present your case.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

mental illness... neuro-developmental disorder... complex developmental disability... whatever.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

They are being equally fought for for equal treatment. So, the decision about any one of the four groups will affect what happens to any of the other three equally. So, according to the political debate, as it is today, if we're talking about research and development for treatment programs for the LGBT group, then that applies to them all. In any case, they are all a form of mental illness. I just used the transgender example because it was the most obvious. But, I have a valid case about all of them being forms of mental illness.

Dead wrong. Homosexuality is not a mental illness. There is nothing to treat.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister
Well then ... you need a 'cure' because you are different from the majority. I'll grab beezzer and we can tie you down and force feed you bacon until you learn to love it.

I jest, of course, but there is a point to my jest. that being .. just because 1.5% of the population is vegan doesn't mean you need to be cured. (and frankly .. the more vegans that are around, means the more bacon for the rest of us!! mmm bacon!! So I highly encourage as many people as possible to go be vegans!
)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

the LGBT group, ... they are all a form of mental illness.

I gave the definition of 'mental illness'. Please state exactly how a homosexual man or a lesbian woman is mentally ill. Please give medical and psychological information to back up your statement. Thank you.

ETA ... Fair warning - I should add that I'm sitting here with my degree in psychology, waiting with great anticipation, for you to explain mental illness to me. Looking forward to it ....

edit on 6/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Lol. No. I have no clue.
This much is obvious.

Is there a difference?
Yes.

I thought all gay people wanted to just go ahead and have their organs removed. Yeah I proved it. You heard the guy. I don't know. And I've proved that I don't know.
Yes, yes you have. Yet you feel the need to speak about something that you openly admit you know nothing about.

THAT, my friend, is a mental problem.

Seriously though, your attacks on me are weak that you have to fabricate an event taking place of me proving myself ignorant of what I'm arguing about just to enforce your stance.
No, I dont. I stated facts. That they go over your head does not change them. Neither homosexuality or autism are mental illnesses.

Please, learn a little something about the topic you are speaking about.

Again, where have I said that?
Page two of this thread:
"You think its okay for a man to be so dissatisfied with his anatomy that he cuts off his reproductive organ to create an appearance that he is something other than what he was made to be? Sorry. If you do that. You have a mental problem. ".

Again, if you have to make things up to enforce your stance,
It was only a page ago....did you really already forget what you said?

So now I'm narcissistic?
Yes.

And I have a low IQ?
Yes.

Thats the only conclusion I can come up with as to why someone would keep preaching about a topic they know nothing about....
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You utter buffoon. Homosexuality is about as much a mental illness as my own sexual preferences are.

Why does this bother people so much? I've asked before, and I'll ask again: How does who & where someone else sticks it in effect how you get laid? It doesn't effect how I get boinked at all, how could it possibly effect anyone else to warrant changing who they are at heart?

This is just sexual insecurity on display. If I were to have overt issues with how other people have bedroom fun, I'd be looked at as a straight girl with hang-ups & things to work out. Think about that.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

a reply to: captaintyinknots

mental illness... neuro-developmental disorder... complex developmental disability... whatever.
And this pretty much sums it up. Good to see you went and googled it though. Thats a start.

If you cant be bothered to do the basic research, what exactly are you trying to prove?
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You bring up a very good point.

Why don't more straight men get excited when they hear of more gay men?

Wouldn't that mean there'd be less competition for the affections of straight ladies out there?

Most notably usually fit and extremely good looking competition being eliminated?

I never could quite figure that one out...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Why does this bother people so much?

Good question. The poster said that homosexuals need to be cured because they don't fit in and can't get along with society .. something like that. But what I"m seeing here is that homosexuals get along fine ... but it's the hard core religiously indoctrinated that can't get along with everyone else.

By the posters definition of 'mental illness' ... that makes the hard core religiously indoctrinated the ones who need curing.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology

You bring up a very good point.

Why don't more straight men get excited when they hear of more gay men?

Wouldn't that mean there'd be less competition for the affections of straight ladies out there?

Most notably usually fit and extremely good looking competition being eliminated?

I never could quite figure that one out...

Having 93 men to compete against instead of 98 don't get most guys excited

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

In any case, they are all a form of mental illness. I just used the transgender example because it was the most obvious. But, I have a valid case about all of them being forms of mental illness.

Then why the suspense? We're at the bottom of page 3 and you've yet to share with us your spectacular evidence for the epidemic of homosexual mental illness permeating our society so please do present your case.

We lack any good evidence as to why homosexuality is a mental disorder. But it is clear that something is wrong. According to our current standards of how a mental disorder gets classified, though, it is hard to classify. But clearly, something is wrong. Clearly. That's why all I'm saying is we need to do more research in finding out what it is and then develop treatment for those that want to be treated. I'm not saying we should force people to be treated. I am saying it should be available and more research needs to be done. And, as a society, we shouldn't encourage behavior that goes against the anatomical design.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Yeah but when those 5 guys have washboard abs and a face that could slice Adonis' ego I would think it'd make a difference.

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join