It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I find a great number of "christians" to be hateful and it burns me up when they try to pretend they hate gays because of their christianity. I am a REAL christian and hatred of anyone, ever, is simply not something I can do.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

DNA structure is what changed, big time. Much more than the difference between us and a chimpanzee or anyone else in the animal kingdom.

edit on 12-6-2014 by jrod because: hey zeus chris toe

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

do you think a bunch of crap turning into life is not evolution?

Evolution is AFTER "a bunch of crap turning into life" as you say it. They are separate subjects.

Evolution Theory will still work whether or not God created the universe or aliens seeded Earth.

got any shred of proof that aliens can make life that can evolve into humans? who created the aliens?
like, were they seeded too?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

See there is a real problem. No gay should ever be made to feel inferior yet so many "christians" think their crap don't stink and judge others. I do not ever judge people and get really angry when "those types" of christians give us all a bad name.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

got any shred of proof that aliens can make life that can evolve into humans? who created the aliens? like, were they seeded too?

It's hypothetical. The point is that it doesn't matter how and where life started. Theory of Evolution is AFTER life appeared.

If God created the universe then fine. Theory of Evolution will still work.
If Aliens created us people then fine. Theory of Evolution will still work.

Theory of Evolution have NOTHING to do with how life got started.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ccross

sorry but last i heard, left handed people do die earlier than right handed people. lol. not sure why or if it's a wives tale.

the rest of your post i agree with.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccross
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I forgot to touch on the rest of your post. I understand that many cannot or will not change who they are. That is not the argument here. All we are advocating is that research be continued and resources be available for those that want help. Since there are many ex gays we cannot just pretend there is no chance that any gay will benefit from treatment. FORCING people into treatment is absolutely wrong and disgusting, but leaving the door open for those that want to change is what needs to happen. Otherwise your saying that those few gays that do not want to be gay are unimportant.

Oh for goodness sake. Ex-gays are a myth - let's get that sorted to begin with. Any such person is either lying to you, or themselves, or is bisexual.

It's just not possible for human beings to change their sexuality. Can you? I'm sure that would be of more interest to scientists!

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

You're kidding right? lol I have never heard that before. Maybe it is because us lefties are so dang awesome God can't wait to call us home.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Yeah it has been not been proven that gay people can actually change. They can change behavior. They can even get married and have children. But in the end they are still gay.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

However technically abiogenesis can be considered as a chemical evolution. But it is not a biological evolution.

Big difference there.

so there has to be a crossover, right?

that would be evolution.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Well the problem is that sometimes people are simply confused about their sexuality and maybe they weren't gay to begin with. I also know people who became gay after having 3 husbands and 8 children. When I asked her if she was always gay she said she didn't really know, but only recently wanted to date women. So I think it is premature to say ex gays are a myth, which is why I just think more research is needed.

In other words, I think it is dangerous that it seems like most people think that it is "case closed" and that further discussion, except for re-educating people like me, is unnecessary.

edit on 6/12/2014 by ccross because: added last line

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

so there has to be a crossover, right? that would be evolution.

Chemical evolution and biological evolution are different.

Like I said, it doesn't matter how life got there. Like I said, if God created life then that's fine. Theory of BIOLOGICAL evolution will still work.

If you want to debate abiogenesis then fine. This thread isn't about that. A new thread is needed to debate that.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ccross

Well the problem is that sometimes people are simply confused about their sexuality and maybe they weren't gay to begin with. I also know people who became gay after having 3 husbands and 8 children. When I asked her if she was always gay she said she didn't really know, but only recently wanted to date women. So I think it is premature to say ex gays are a myth, which is why I just think more research is needed.

Well that would be bisexuality, not straight heterosexuality or homosexuality, no pun intended.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Well if you want to debate with people who believe in the crossover from abiogenesis to life to biological evolution then I guess we need to create a new thread lol.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ccross

They don't need people to guide them, they just need time. Yes, some people do get slightly confused during adolescence, but that's what those years are for - sorting ourselves out.

If someone is still 'confused' at 30, I can guarantee it's not 'confusion'.

What you're describing in your sister is a variation on bisexuality, or at the very least her initial attempt at fitting into the expected role.

If you look at it like the autism spectrum - forgive me anyone who takes offense, it's just a crude example - a person can be anything from one end to the other and anything in between.

I do find the idea of investigating sexualitycurious but wouldn't it only be hijacked by assholes and idiots, to serve some warped purpose and cause even more strife, humiliation and suicides?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Oh for goodness sake. Ex-gays are a myth - let's get that sorted to begin with. Any such person is either lying to you, or themselves, or is bisexual.

It's just not possible for human beings to change their sexuality. Can you? I'm sure that would be of more interest to scientists!

Just adding some articles.

Former Ex-Gay Ministry Leader Comes Out, Recants Previous Teachings
BY ZACK FORD

Love in Action (LIA) is one of the largest and oldest ex-gay ministries in existence, founded in 1973, the same year the American Psychiatric Association decided that homosexuality was no longer a mental illness. John Smid resigned as the group’s executive director in 2008, and since then has slowly been rethinking his understandings of sexuality and his beliefs about homosexuality. In a new blog post last week, Smid has shown just how far he has come, acknowledging his own homosexuality (despite his loving marriage to his wife) and the fact that sexual orientation cannot be changed. Here are some of the key confessions Smid makes: NO ONE CHANGES: “One cannot repent of something that is unchangeable… I also want to reiterate here that the transformation for the vast majority of homosexuals will not include a change of sexual orientation. Actually I’ve never met a man who experienced a change from homosexual to heterosexual.”

thinkprogress.org...

John Paulk, 'Ex-Gay' Leader, Apologizes For Involvement In Reparative Therapy Movement www.huffingtonpost.com...

Exodus’ Randy Thomas Apologizes To The Gay Community www.truthwinsout.org...

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Thank you.

The treatment needs to be LEGITIMATE. All the treatments so far have been a farce.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

My opinon is that sexual desire is somewhat fluid and can be manipulated by others or ones self, or even environment. If you are around a certain behavior, and that leads you to trying something a bunch of times I believe desire can change to suit what your used to. This of course does not explain those that are born that way but I think it is illogical to start assuming that every gay was born that way. I am not saying they're not, but it is a HUGE leap of faith to say that nobody ever became gay.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

"I do find the idea of investigating sexualitycurious but wouldn't it only be hijacked by assholes and idiots, to serve some warped purpose and cause even more strife, humiliation and suicides? "

You do have a point there, but just because we know that assholes will try to derail something and use it for their own sinister purposes doesn't mean we shouldn't "go there". Think of the consequences of that. We simply never experiment, or research, or try anything new, since there is always at least one asshole trying to screw it up.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Thank you.

The treatment needs to be LEGITIMATE. All the treatments so far have been a farce.

Adults should have the option of legitimate counseling.

I find it very sad, but some adult gays raised in ultra religious homes actually believe the nonsense that it's a sin against God.

They have the right to choose to live as a heterosexual. They probably need regular counseling.

Counseling and reparative therapy are not the same thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join