It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb
I said that we don't need to encourage the illness and propagate it as "normal" or "okay".

It's not an illness. It is normal. It is okay.
What we don't need is to have people claim otherwise.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: smithjustinb

So what you are saying is, you dont know what mental illness is.

No. Didn't say that at all. Didn't imply it at all. Didn't give any indication that I don't know what the definition of mental illness is at all.

Thanks for making that clear from the get go, so people dont have to waste time with you.

Yet you took the time to write your reply.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

So what you are saying is, you dont know what mental illness is.

No. Didn't say that at all. Didn't imply it at all. Didn't give any indication that I don't know what the definition of mental illness is at all.

Thanks for making that clear from the get go, so people dont have to waste time with you.

Yet you took the time to write your reply.
1) you actually did say exactly that. You classified both autism and homosexuality as mental illness, thus proving that you dont know what mental illness is.

2) sometimes foolishness needs to be pointed out.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I would say that homosexuals think differently. I would say that they feel different. I would say that they find it hard to relate to a lot of people.

They don't think differently. Their sex drive is different than a heterosexuals but that doesn't make it wrong. And if they 'feel different' it's because of people going around saying that they should feel different. And I don't think they have a problem relating to people .. it's indoctrinated religious people that have the hard time relating to others.

11% of men in the USA have freckles. Do they need a 'cure'?
10% of the population is left handed. Do they need a 'cure'?
2% of the population has green eyes. Do they need a 'cure'?
1.5% of the population is vegan. Do they need a 'cure'?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I said that we don't need to encourage the illness and propagate it as "normal" or "okay".

You think its okay for a man to be so dissatisfied with his anatomy that he cuts off his reproductive organ to create an appearance that he is something other than what he was made to be? Sorry. If you do that. You have a mental problem.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

1) you actually did say exactly that. You classified both autism and homosexuality as mental illness, thus proving that you dont know what mental illness is.

I don't see your point.

So far, you have been unsuccessful in your attempt to find foolishness in my replies.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
You just described gender reassignment surgery.
That's a totally different subject than homosexuality.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You think its okay for a man to be so dissatisfied with his anatomy that he cuts off his reproductive organ to create an appearance that he is something other than what he was made to be? Sorry. If you do that. You have a mental problem.
and now you prove you dont know the difference between a homosexual and someone who is transgender.

Really proving yourself here.

I do love, though, people like you. "If you dont think like me you have a mental problem"

Low iq and narcisism are a bad combo.
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps
Professional wrestling folks!
Just another fake in your face issue to get the peasants killing each other.
I can't believe this game still works...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't see your point.

So far, you have been unsuccessful in your attempt to find foolishness in my replies.
that you dont get it doesnt change the fact.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I would say that homosexuals think differently. I would say that they feel different. I would say that they find it hard to relate to a lot of people.

They don't think differently. Their sex drive is different than a heterosexuals but that doesn't make it wrong.

Yeah it does. If you're a male, your sexual desire should be for a female. That's how a healthy brain works. Sex was created for a reason, and it wasn't for it to be fun. It was made fun so that it could accomplish the reason, and the reason is propagation of life. If your brain makes you not want to contribute to your anatomical disposition, then there's something wrong with it.

I don't see a parallel here.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
To help the poster understand the difference -

Gender Reassignment Surgery

Sex reassignment surgery (initialized as SRS; also known as gender reassignment surgery (GRS), genital reconstruction surgery, sex affirmation surgery or sex realignment surgery) is a term for the surgical procedures by which a person's physical appearance and function of their existing sexual characteristics are altered to resemble that of the other sex. It is part of a treatment for gender identity disorder/gender dysphoria in transsexual and transgender people. It may also be performed on intersex people, often in infancy and without their consent. A 2013 statement by the United Nations condemns the nonconsensual treatment of "normalization" surgery to treat intersexuality.

People who pursue sex reassignment surgery are usually referred to as transsexual; "trans" - across, through, change; "sexual" - pertaining to the sexual characteristics (not sexual actions) of a person. More recently, people pursuing SRS often identify as transgender instead of transsexual.

Homosexuality

Homosexuality (from Ancient Greek ὁμός, meaning "same", and Latin sexus, meaning "sex") is romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As an orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectionate, or romantic attractions" primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex. "It also refers to an individual's sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Yet when discussing this issue on a political scale, LGB is proceeded with a T.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I don't see your point.

that you dont get it doesnt change the fact.

Alright. Well let me know when you come up with a fact.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

We need to do more to increase the effectiveness of homosexual treatment programs. We need to support more extensive research programs that can find the brain impairments that lead to and cause homosexuality and develop medication or therapeutic processes which have an effect on these impaired regions of male and female brains.

Can we start with finding a treatment for ignorant people before we switch over to "illnesses" that only exist in the minds of ignorant bigots?

In the meantime, we all need to treat any person with an impairment with the same respect that you would treat people with normal brains. Just like a person with down syndrome should not be bullied, but should be cared for, so should gay people.

And just when I tout ATS couldn't surprise me anymore you go ahead and compare being gay to having Down syndrome. Get out of your house much? There's tithing abnormal with the brains of gay people other than their lifestyle bothers you.

What we don't need to do is encourage this illness. That can only propagate it and is counter-productive to a mentally stable and healthy society.

No, what is counter productive to mental stability is imposing your own worldview and morals on others under threat of "treatment" because they don't match up to your personal interpretation of normal. Where does the line in the sand begin and end? What other societal ills do you wish to "cure" through therapy and medication? If I didn't know any better I would think this conversAtion were taking place in Western Europe circa 1942.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Yet when discussing this issue on a political scale, LGB is proceeded with a T.

I think they added a "Q".

I think it stands for Queer. not 100% sure.

Carry on..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Let me know when you do a little research.

Maybe learn what a mental illness is.

Ignorance isnt an excuse for bigotry.

Ill help you get started: neither autism or homosexuality is a mental illness. FACT.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Personally, I would endorse "treatment" for liberalism/progressive thinking before I would endorse "treatment" for gayness.

lolz

People are so stupid.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

If you're a male, your sexual desire should be for a female. That's how a healthy brain works.

A homosexual brain is healthy. Would you care to give some medical data showing that the homosexual brain is not healthy?

I don't see a parallel here.

5% of the population is homo/bi sexual. You say they need a cure because they aren't normal. So these people should also be 'not normal' according to you, right? They are different from the majority of other humans, so shouldn't they need a cure as well?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The way I see it is that if a grown gay man or woman wants to waste their time trying to "repair" themselves in one of these treatments then it's their bodies and minds to decide.

What bothers me is when they send adolescents to these things- young people who are just going through the normal pangs of growing up.

I have known a few people who were sent to these and they had some pretty long term damaging effects. Not a good age to be sent to something like this.

Personally, I love being a lesbian. That's probably because I am one. I can't imagine wanting to be straight. Women are beautiful and I love being in a relationship with one. I'm sure many straight people feel that way about their sexuality as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join