It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

originally posted by: begoodbees
Evolution cannot be proven by the scientific method and therefore it is not real science.

Evolution has been proven. This is why there are anti-biotic resistant forms of bacteria today that did not exist 50 years ago, or even in some cases 1 year ago.

Futile it is

What scientific experiment was performed proving that a living cell can form spontaneously form inanimate stuff? The answer is none.

Not science. Variation is everywhere and does not need to be proven.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: begoodbees

Not a fan of Miller's experiment are you?

Please stop thread drifting before admin if forced to take action.
edit on 11-6-2014 by jrod because: Hey Zeus

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm seeing an issue here and it brings up another I guess...

People are throwing out science for the bible. Evolution is a valid theory, just like the theory of gravity. It's that solid. Man Made Global Warming is a valid theory, just like the theory of gravity. It's that solid. Every medical/psychiatric or psychological society, organization or group states that this treatment is bad and that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality...ergo it's not a mental illness.

Why do you guys go against science on everything?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Not a fan of Miller's experiment are you?

Please stop thread drifting before admin if forced to take action.

Did you not ask me a question about my stance on evolution? Was I not just responding to someone else. I think you just don't like my views so you try to silence them.

Ask me an on topic question and I'll answer. I am just defending my self from the mindless insults and slander that are proof positive of bigotry from supporters of the gay agenda.

Millers experiment was a million miles away from creating a living cell and proved nothing, I am sure you already know that though.
edit on 11-6-2014 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Modern science is a religion based on speculations and distortions of the truth and is used as always to control and manipulate people.

Science is a Religion, huh?!?!?!?

Do we even need to debate about what a stupid statement that is, yet again????

So according to you Religion is Stupid and Science is a Religion too. So everything is all just a big lie and false teachings, yet you for some reason hold the one real truth I suppose. So are you the next messiah now who holds the truth for mankind???

It is often much easier to tell what is not true than to tell what is.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Nothing like that.

You claimed to be educated, yet have no respect for science.

It is understandable that science is not an easy subject for many. I just ask that you and your friends do not bring dogmatic religious rhetoric into a scientific and/or civil rights subject.

Dogmatic religious rhetoric historically has incited hate and , there is no place for it in a civilized society.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

At birth they are alike.

Guess you failed to read the page after page of how homosexual people have different shapes and different connections in the brain ....

A variation is a variation from what? The norm of course.

No. The variation is part of the norm.

Like green eyes are normal and at the same time a normal variation ... because 85% of the population has brown. And there is nothing wrong with the green eyes ... they are part of the norm while being a variation of the normal.

Basic English. (and basic math subsets)

Yeah, yeah. I get it. It is an old trick. If you can't change the facts just change the language.

You cannot realistically compare physical characteristics to behavioral characteristics.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Let me get this straight. First you say Religion is Stupid. Then Science is Religion. Therefor Science is also Stupid. Now you want me to show you the "Science" behind Evolution because I guess according to you, if Evolution is incorrect it thereby proves all of Science incorrect too. Keeping in mind of course that you've already established Science as Religion and both are Stupid.

If I showed you a "Scientific Experiment" of evolution, how would that do you any good since you've already said Science is Religion???

You also say "The Scientific method is clear" in your second paragraph and yet just a second ago you "Religion is Stupid. Science is a Religion."

You really need to get your ideas straight and you terms and definitions clear as to what you're trying to say. You're all over the map and having any kind of conversation with you seems virtually impossible when you can't define what you're saying.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

People are throwing out science for the bible. Evolution is a valid theory, just like the theory of gravity. It's that solid. Man Made Global Warming is a valid theory, just like the theory of gravity. It's that solid. Every medical/psychiatric or psychological society, organization or group states that this treatment is bad and that there is nothing wrong with homosexuality...ergo it's not a mental illness.

I love science. It has always been one of my favorite subjects. What is being passed for science is not science. If it cannot be reproduced through experimentation it is not science. Sorry to disappoint.

Believing in things that are unprovable is faith, faith is often equated with religion. You can put the rest together yourself.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

You cannot realistically compare physical characteristics to behavioral characteristics.

The physical and chemical characteristics of the brain obviously DO have a link to the behavioral. To say otherwise is to ignore reality.

edit on 6/11/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

So anti-bacterial resistant strains that have just recently evolved, like MRSA is not a product of evolution?

Do you understand what thread drifting and forum sliding means?

Try to keep your posts on track with the OP.

It seems like those opposed to homosexuality are also opposed to widely accepted scientific theories like evolution and the unfathomably old Universe.
edit on 11-6-2014 by jrod because: hopeless

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If you can't change the facts just change the language.

No dude .. it's basic English and basic math subsets. Easy 5th grade level stuff.

The variation is part of the norm.

Like green eyes are normal and at the same time a normal variation ... because 85% of the population has brown. And there is nothing wrong with the green eyes ... they are part of the norm while being a variation of the normal.

Very simple.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Pffft great, now I have a mental illness also? *shakes fist at green perverted eyes...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Evolution cannot be proven by the scientific method and therefore it is not real science.

Evolution has been proven. This is why there are anti-biotic resistant forms of bacteria today that did not exist 50 years ago, or even in some cases 1 year ago.

Futile it is

What scientific experiment was performed proving that a living cell can form spontaneously form inanimate stuff? The answer is none.

Not science. Variation is everywhere and does not need to be proven.

I'm confused here. I thought you were seeking reproducible evidence for evolution but in this post you are switching gears to abiogenesis. Which are you looking for the answer to? They are two separate fields with completely different basis studied by two different types of scientist. Evolution is a biological process whereas abiogenesis is a chemical process. Evolution is a theory that can be substantiated through multiple formats. Abiogenesis is a hypothesis that still requires a lot of testing and data.

You want something that follows the scientific method? Peer reviewed with results that can be Independantly reproduced? Try Dr. Lenski out

myxo.css.msu.edu...

Anytime you want to link that paper about the Tooth Fairy let me know.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The physical and chemical traits of the brain ARE your behavior. Hell there's even parisites that completely control there host by releasing a couple proteins. Thru environmental stimulus your brain changes by making new pathways and such. Then your behavior plays that out. Really we have NO control. It's all brain chemistry. The only reason we think we are in control is because our brain chemistry allows us to.

The real argument here is for a soul being bigger then your brain chemistry... And of course God would never give you a gay soul!!!... Right?

There is no anti gay argument that doesn't go back to religion... Mainly Christianity and Islam. Since there's a seperating of church and state it shouldn't matter what the bible says about anything.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

There should be a boo-yah emoticon.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

I love science. It has always been one of my favorite subjects. What is being passed for science is not science. If it cannot be reproduced through experimentation it is not science. Sorry to disappoint.

Believing in things that are unprovable is faith, faith is often equated with religion. You can put the rest together yourself.

But discounting good science is not good either just because it goes against your beliefs. There is plenty of good science concerning conversion therapy, man made global warming and evolution. Reams and reams of data. Science is good. The bible? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Thank you for this. I gave up on that guy. I just wanted to get his stance on evolution.

I wish I could give you 100,000 of my stars for that post.

edit on 11-6-2014 by jrod because: 321

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Boy, if zingers and insults could only win a debate you guys would have me. Unfortunately this is not high school. I present 100 percent proof of a false pretense that was presented and everyone goes into full blown lunatic mode.

And then you have the audacity to tell me not to drift the thread. This is like arguing with incoherent toddlers who always think their
right because their mommy said so.

Free yourselves from the mental enslavement of trends and fads and indoctrination and then you can move forward.

Any one who disagrees with your programming must be a religious nut job. That my friends is what being closed minded is all about.

Ive taken enough juvenile abuse for today I think.

One thing for you to ponder. Do you know how "scientists" calculated the distance to the nearest star? I do and it makes no sense. It makes no sense because it was made up to fit in with evolution theory, current dating methods and the big bang theory which of course all go hand in hand. It doesn't make sense because it isn't true. Since all of your claims are supposedly based on science than I think it is quite on topic to point out the fallacies of modern so called science.

The fact that some believe evolution has been proven is proof of willful deception by scientists and other institutions. People just point to variations such as bacteria and call it evolution. Variation is everywhere and never needed proving. Sure bacteria mutates and demonstrates great variation, but e coli is still e coli in all of it's various forms. Just like dogs are all still dogs in all of their various forms.

All of the predictions have failed or at least the most important ones have. The discovery of DNA and it's near infinite complexity along with the discovery of bipedal bio-machines (for lack of a better term) that exist inside of cells removing waste and such is also evidence that life was no accident. I am sure that in all of your open mindedness you will give this some serious thought. However I am quite an optimist.
You won't however hear much about any of this stuff in evolution church

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Does this mean I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for your peer reviewed data proving the existence of fairies? What a let down, I was really looking forward to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join