It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: begoodbees

They have saved my life twice, seriously. Twice I would have died if not for a seat belt.

I gotta say, while your posts are entertaining if not heart breaking, it is obvious that you are incapable of critical thinking and any further argument with you is a total waste of time. I hope to god that the public education system does something for your children in terms of teaching them how to think for themselves.

I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi guys,

Man! Do these threads go on forever.... I could go on refuting those who respond to me over and over again - and not have enough time for other activities.

I am a heterosexual guy.... I feel that it is necessary occasionally to make gay people feel unwelcome around me.

I have had encounters with numerous gays and I feel that their advances were not liked. I'm not saying that there are a lot here, where I live necessarily - of the few that are here and elsewhere on the planet, I have had the occasion of finding out - not through conversation, but by unpleasant contact. Some of whom don't take dropped hints well.

I normally wouldn't have cared - except that the people I've come to know were gay, by vast majority were people I didn't have to have a conversation with. It may not be a lot of my life - but it irritates the hell out of me - and if silence is providing consent - then I sure as hell won't be silent.

But that is only one of the reasons for not thinking of it as ok.... I also think that there is a component of choice after being born. But, some people here know gay better than I do - so I leave it up to you to decide for yourselves. Certainly, I have seen on mainstream media people all over the rainbow - perhaps this isn't true - but I've never cared to find out.

From a meditational stand point though, I've only had myself as witness to what can be "arranged" by way of interference by external factors controlled by human beings - who I might add weren't doing it to be funny - they have monetary motivations - but that is a different cup of soup altogether.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: begoodbees

originally posted by: FlyersFan

I am sure you probably think that we are animals also because that is part of the indoctrination.

We ARE animal. Humans are part of the animal family. And just because we have a spiritual aspect doesn't take away from the fact that the spirits are housed in ANIMAL BODIES. That's reality.

And spiritually speaking ... there is nothing wrong with homosexuality either. Oh .. and don't quote Leviticus to us .... people aren't going to hell for eating bacon, or for cutting their beards, or for planting their gardens with mixed seeds, or for being homosexual. Leviticus is the work of uneducated peasants who superstitiously blamed every bad thing that happened to them on God being angry about this or that.

Thank you for your opinion. Why is it always the supposedly unreligious who bring religion into these debates.
And I'm pretty sure hell isn't in leviticus.

I guess that is the real choice isn't it. Choose to exercise your divinity through intellect and spirit. Or choose to exorcise your animalistic instincts and desires. To me it is a no brainer.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: kaylaluv

I was gonna say, how in the world is getting people to wear a seat belt propoganda? The damn seat belt agenda and those safety minded seat belt pushers trying to save our lives. What gives them the right?

A seatbelt has never saved my life or the life of anyone I know. I have like many others however paid several tickets for not wearing one however.

It is a demonstration of how the propaganda machine works.

Seat belts saved the lives of at least two people I know, right off the top of my head. Apparently, you nor anyone you know has ever been in a serious car accident?

I have never gotten a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. So we can conclude that wearing a seat belt can save your life AND save you a bunch of money in tickets! What's the smart thing to do based on that conclusion?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Don't know what you people have against research.

Pot meet kettle.

It is unanimous with those who research human behavior and sexuality(scientific studies that do NOT have a religious agenda). The all agree there is NOTHING wrong with homosexual and bisexual behavior.

So what do you have against their research?

When did it become their job to decide what is right and what is wrong?

From where I am sitting, that seems to be what you are doing. You consider it perversion, in essence not condoning it or believing it is wrong. Not that you don't have the right to believe what ever you want, but you can't possibly expect rational and educated people to agree with you.

No, by definition it is a perversion. I didn't write the dictionary now did I. FYI, I am rational and educated which is the opposite of irrational and indoctrinated.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

I was gonna say, how in the world is getting people to wear a seat belt propoganda? The damn seat belt agenda and those safety minded seat belt pushers trying to save our lives. What gives them the right?

A seatbelt has never saved my life or the life of anyone I know. I have like many others however paid several tickets for not wearing one however.

It is a demonstration of how the propaganda machine works.

You must not know very many people then. I know of three people whose lives were saved by seatbelts.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: toochaos4u
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well I was sent to conversion therapy as a teenager as well as some other guys. The few that claimed conversion are dead from suicide after they married, had kids, and pretended to be fixed. The rest of us are still in therapy 25 years later. I was told everything under the sun to questions if my father (a church deacon) molested me to my parents will not love me if I stay this way. My thing is if you are going to claim you can convert people while pretending to be a psychiatrist your organization should be held accountable for counseling and psychiatric care to those who have problems after going through your program.

What you have stated here proves that these conversion therapies don't work, and can be downright harmful.

Now, you apparently grew up in a religious home, so we can't say that lack of religious exposure turns someone gay. So do you think you were "turned gay" due to abuse or neglect?

Right they do not work and I have never met anyone that this truly worked for. When I got to be a young adult the clubs were filled with "repaired married homosexuals". Also I got hit on a lot online from "married heterosexual males" (their belief)
We went to a very pious independent baptist church since I was 5 years old. These other people from the church sent there were also exposed to religion. No I experienced abuse and neglect from the church members since the youth minister shared about us to the other teens to "be on guard" because we were having problems with same sex attractions. This also happened at school since our church owned the local religious school. Being gay just seemed what was natural. I dated a few females in high school to try it out and anything intimate was like kissing my sister just very uncomfortable.

My whole example though was to say that what a person considers very unattractive or very attractive whether heterosexual or homosexual can't be changed through faux therapy such as the friend that considered fit and skinny females very unattractive and preferred obese women. Can these conversion people convince him that skinny females are more attractive when he finds no attraction in them?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

a reply to: HardCorps

We need to do more to increase the effectiveness of homosexual treatment programs. We need to support more extensive research programs that can find the brain impairments that lead to and cause homosexuality and develop medication or therapeutic processes which have an effect on these impaired regions of male and female brains.

I don't agree with you, but I think I know where you're coming from. You're saying that it's natural to procreate the species, therefore homosexuality is unnatural. Personally, I see everything as natural. The problem would be if it were detrimental. I don't see homosexuality as being an impairment to anyone like a disability or a criminal mindset.

I'm in a similar position as you, though. I firmly believe that religious people are mentally ill and a detriment to society. I've learned that this is a very unpopular position and have been attacked many times for this view.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hot off the propaganda machine press. Hot and fresh out of the propaganda machine oven. On the last lap of the propaganda machine 500.

You should change your name to propaganda machine. You and your silly seat belts. Can't do nutting for me, I man up and fly out my windshield when I get in a wreck. Like a boss. I actually save it a step and remove my windshield too. Stupid windshield propaganda, keeping us dry and free from bugs smacking us in the eye at 75 mph they say. Pure BS I say. Real men drive soaking wet with bugs ricochetting off their face. And after the water and bugs blind me, I fly out my windshield like God intended for normal human beings.

/thread.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

By definition what is perversion?

What do you think about evolution?

Just wondering.....

Let's remember this thread is about minors being subjected to homosexual conversion treatment.
edit on 11-6-2014 by jrod because: wtf

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: sensibleSenseless

I am a heterosexual woman, and I have been the recipient of numerous unwanted advances by heterosexual males. Some of those experiences have been very unpleasant. So should I assume that all heterosexual males are vile, unpleasant oafs who can't take no for an answer? Heterosexual males aren't okay, because I have had some bad experiences with them!

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Not wanting my children to be exposed to perversion is not bigotry. perversion, deviancy or variant. They all mean the same thing.

bigot : a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Nope, no mention of people who oppose public displays of perversion. I don't want to see a man making out with a child, chair or cow either. I suppose I am bigoted against pedophiles also because that is also a normal variance is it not?

Well, I guess you should have been more clear because what you gave as an example was hardly Deviant or Perverse. Here is what you said exactly.

hand holding kissing or spewing off at the mouth about how they were born that way.

Hand Holding. Kissing. Speaking out loud about how they "were born that way." Kissing being the only remotely possible example given that comes close to being a perverse PDA. Refusing that anyone Hold Hands is not Deviant or Perverse. Restricting others "Free Speech" is something I'm sure we can both agree is Intolerant and not something to promote doing.

Then you start in with the paranoid and delusional fantasy that Gays are making out with children and animals and so on. Yah, you seem like a very rational person who is totally grounded and reasonable in what they're talking about. Because I know every time I've come across a Gay couple it's always some naked guy with an animal and/or child and they're just going at it right there in public!! Give me a break man....Bring the conversation back down to earth and we can continue until then I'm not wasting my time discussing some fantasy reality that you've created for yourself out of Fear of the Unknown.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: luciddream

Lmao... you know the number of heterosexual who has anal sex is higher than homosexuals right?

That is a perversion.

Why.

per·ver·sion
noun pər-ˈvər-zhən, -shən

: sexual behavior that people think is not normal or natural

: something that improperly changes something good

: the process of improperly changing something that is good

And?

Anal sex is not a normal practice?

Many People don't think its good? loads of hetros have anal sex. It is a normal sexual act/position.

You're dictionary quote is not an answer why you and the other Sock errrr member think anal sex is a perversion.

Also not all gay people have that kind of sex.

Lesbians certainly don't. But lesbian sex is OK right? so longer as it turns on the hetro males

I have a gay mate who has never had that type of sexual position and is married to his life partner of 26 years.

So many people concerned about where people stick their bits, would the morality police feel better (more likely get their kicks) if they could watch peoples sex lives in order to dispense your tut tut?

I really don't know what you are talking about. I don't decide what is perversion. Everything that fits the definition is perversion.

30 years ago anal sex gay or straight was pretty taboo. The popularity of hetero anal sex is just another example of perversion being pushed on people through propaganda. People were made to accept it and therefore practice it. We as a people did not just one day decide to start sodomizing our wives and girlfriends. It is an idea that was pushed through media propaganda.

Monkey see monkey do and I bet the people pulling the strings are laughing their behinds off at how easily people are misled.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I am a heterosexual woman, and I have been the recipient of numerous unwanted advances by heterosexual males. Some of those experiences have been very unpleasant. So should I assume that all heterosexual males are vile, unpleasant oafs who can't take no for an answer? Heterosexual males aren't okay, because I have had some bad experiences with them!

Exactly what I was thinking while reading that post. I was gonna say something, but I am a male and lets face it, I have never turned down a single woman in my life that made advances at me. I bagged each and every one of them regardless of what they looked like.

I know bagged is really degrading and immature but i'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE

What you really mean is science is a tool of the devil to discredit Jesus huh? Your just upset that what science has found doesn't match up to your personal belief system...

Good example of how stupid some of these pro gay arguments are. When cornered play the religion card.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is crazy but I WILL say this.

My lady friend told me about how back in college all her friends who played Rugby slowly all turned gay/lesbian.
Mostly because it was so accepted, and most couldn't find boyfriends in the all girl school and didn't get out much..
It was the scene, it was "cool" and it was accepted.

10 years later, after they all graduated and went there own way. Only 1 or 2 remained lesbian and the rest met guys and started families. It was the conditioning. My point is.. that well.. it's "cool" now and outcasts are "changing teams" because they'll be accepted.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Seriously!

I've been shoved into closets, had office doors locked, threatened with firing. And that's only in the work area.

link   
I would think that the "treatments" to "cure" homo's has already been proven to be a bust. Maybe Texas can do it differently.. treat the to some rice cakes, a copy of vogue, a playgirl magazine and then have Miss Texas stand in front of them completely naked holding a box of condoms while some of the crew from Home Depot do a power tool presentation in the same room. If that is their treatment it will still fail... these folks are gay.. they are human beings who are gay... who cares? If they are not hurting anyone ( other than the churches) who cares?

link   

originally posted by: jrod

Chill out man, please take some time to read this entire thread before you make post after post. Most of the angles you are taking in this thread have already been addressed. Currently you are sliding this thread into a bunch of pointless straw man arguments.

Based on your posts I am not sure you grasp science and the scientific method.

I am still amazed that there are some closed minds that actually think 'homosexual conversion treatment' is an acceptable thing to force minors to go through. That is what this thread is about in case anyone forgot.

Please give me an example of said straw man. Also I never said conversion treatment was a good idea.

How is it that I am closed minded but everyone who disagrees with me is not. Are you not just exposing your own close mindedness. Do you entertain the idea that my position may be correct? No, probably not.

So have you closed your mind to the possibility that treatment might be beneficial is some cases?

Kettle meet pot.

I do think that any kind of therapy may be helpful in getting to the root of the behavior. That being said you cannot help someone who does not want help.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You don't know what I'm talking about?
Oh you seem to be so on top of what everyone is talking about? Silly me, Allow me to say it again ?

Your list from the dictionary says perversion is a sexual practice that many people think is a change from the norm.
It DOES NOT list anal sex as a perversion so you can't tell me that the dictionary is the one that labels it a perversion.

As to what happened 50 years ago, it happened then as it does now, it just was hidden.

Now do you need the concept of anal sex being a fairly common practice explained again?
It is also NOT limited to homosexuals.

You consider it a perversion from a personal perspective only. Thats your bag. Doesn't mean any one else needs to wear it.
edit on 11-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join