It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: begoodbees

originally posted by: amazing

how do you explain one identical twin (genetically identical) being gay and the other straight? It happens and has been studied.

It is not in ones dna, it is a learned behavior plain and simple. Deny ignorance please.

If one removes the false pretext that it is something one is born with then one must draw the conclusion that it is an affect of environment and life experience. And in turn should not be promoted to children as "normal" or even "ok". It should be treated as what it is and what it always has been. A social disorder that can be treated and prevented.

Now that that's out of the way, go Texas! Some one has to counter all of this ridiculous propaganda that is being pushed on the oh so gullible public.

Wait ....LOL you just said it was a learned behavior and basically a simple choice. It's neither. One does not simply choose ones sexual orientation. You did not wake up and choose to be straight. Let's deny ignorance, shall we?

I said no such thing. Please read again.

Yes. You said this, and I quote "...it is a learned behavior plain and simple..."

You said that I said it was basically a simple choice which I clearly did not. If you cannot comprehend written words than this is probably not the place for you.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well I was sent to conversion therapy as a teenager as well as some other guys. The few that claimed conversion are dead from suicide after they married, had kids, and pretended to be fixed. The rest of us are still in therapy 25 years later. I was told everything under the sun to questions if my father (a church deacon) molested me to my parents will not love me if I stay this way. My thing is if you are going to claim you can convert people while pretending to be a psychiatrist your organization should be held accountable for counseling and psychiatric care to those who have problems after going through your program.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Don't know what you people have against research.

Pot meet kettle.

It is unanimous with those who research human behavior and sexuality(scientific studies that do NOT have a religious agenda). The all agree there is NOTHING wrong with homosexual and bisexual behavior.

So what do you have against their research?

When did it become their job to decide what is right and what is wrong?

From where I am sitting, that seems to be what you are doing. You consider it perversion, in essence not condoning it or believing it is wrong. Not that you don't have the right to believe what ever you want, but you can't possibly expect rational and educated people to agree with you.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: toochaos4u

I think that might be chemical attraction, I was always attracted to the bad boys, I thought about that recently it may be sort of a survival instinct to pick a strong warrior type.

Just guessing

edit on 033030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

It's that 12-year-old mentality. "Don't tell me what to do. Even if what you're telling me is right, I don't like you telling me."

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: luciddream

Lmao... you know the number of heterosexual who has anal sex is higher than homosexuals right?

That is a perversion.

Why.

per·ver·sion
noun pər-ˈvər-zhən, -shən

: sexual behavior that people think is not normal or natural

: something that improperly changes something good

: the process of improperly changing something that is good

And?

Anal sex is not a normal practice?

Many People don't think its good? loads of hetros have anal sex. It is a normal sexual act/position.

You're dictionary quote is not an answer why you and the other Sock errrr member think anal sex is a perversion.

Also not all gay people have that kind of sex.

Lesbians certainly don't. But lesbian sex is OK right? so longer as it turns on the hetro males

I have a gay mate who has never had that type of sexual position and is married to his life partner of 26 years.

So many people concerned about where people stick their bits, would the morality police feel better (more likely get their kicks) if they could watch peoples sex lives in order to dispense your tut tut?

edit on 11-6-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: toochaos4u
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well I was sent to conversion therapy as a teenager as well as some other guys. The few that claimed conversion are dead from suicide after they married, had kids, and pretended to be fixed. The rest of us are still in therapy 25 years later. I was told everything under the sun to questions if my father (a church deacon) molested me to my parents will not love me if I stay this way. My thing is if you are going to claim you can convert people while pretending to be a psychiatrist your organization should be held accountable for counseling and psychiatric care to those who have problems after going through your program.

What you have stated here proves that these conversion therapies don't work, and can be downright harmful.

Now, you apparently grew up in a religious home, so we can't say that lack of religious exposure turns someone gay. So do you think you were "turned gay" due to abuse or neglect?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

They are genetically identical! Their brains are exactly the same genetically.

The brains are not exactly alike.

Your propaganda fails.

No .. the failure of yours is to not read and absorb the scientific facts that were presented.

Homosexuality is not a choice. It's not a disease. It's a normal variant in humanity just like having green eyes or being left handed.

At birth they are alike. The changes happen after birth. This is not complicated at all. You are like a broken record that can only keep repeating the official propaganda.

A variation is a variation from what? The norm of course.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

When did it become their job to decide what is right and what is wrong?

People educated in medicine, biology and psychology are in a much better position to tell us what is normal and what isn't. They don't have the bias brought in by religious indoctrination or general stupidity. Decades of research and knowledge vs some random guy on the internet spewing .... obviously the educated experts in the field know better.

Yes, yes, I see now we should trust and believe all of the gubment studies especially the ones that say we should not have guns.

No one needs to be told what is normal. We have always known what is normal. All hail the new religion of agenda based pseudo science.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No one needs to be told what is normal. We have always known what is normal. All hail the new religion of agenda based pseudo science.

Ok we'll all just believe what YOU think is normal.
There feel better?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So the everything but the past 40 years is ancient history to you huh?

Don't be obtuse. You know ... or you SHOULD know ... that the more advanced medicine and psychology is, the more information it gets. We know more now then we did 50 years ago .. 100 years ago .. 200 years ago. To say that medicine and biology understanding is better 40 years ago than it is now ... that's absurd.

Something cannot be normal and a variation.

Yes it can. Green eyes are normal. Being left handed is normal. Being homosexual is normal. It's all within expected 'normal variation' range for humans. There is no one standard 'normal' human.

What I know is that "science" has morphed into a religion based on speculations and distortions of the facts. The more time passes the more corrupt and less reliable every institution becomes.

The only real science being done is in developing technologies and psychological methodologies in order to make everyone accept the indoctrination without resistance.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: begoodbees

Boys and girls nor gays and straights are the always the same at birth. It's commonly known that women either release a burst of testosterone or estrogen at the end of labor. Studies have been shown that girls who accidently get the testosterone burst prefer boy type toys while boys who get estrogen prefer barbies. Now I'm not saying this is the be all end all of deciding sexuality. Just that because babies look the same doesn't mean there brain chemistry is the same.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Agenda driven science is not science. The "scientific" answer is predetermined and the "scientists" job is to prove it weather it is true or not.

You mean 'whether' it's true or not? Yeah .. those super educated folks don't know nutt'n eh?

: sexual behavior that people think is not normal or natural
: something that improperly changes something good
: the process of improperly changing something that is good

Well ... that settles it. Homosexuality isn't perverse. According to very well educated experts in the fields of biology, medicine and psychology ... It's normal. It's not something bad. So there we go. Thank you for the definition.

wow, i even underlined it and you still missed the point.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

What you really mean is science is a tool of the devil to discredit Jesus huh? Your just upset that what science has found doesn't match up to your personal belief system...

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Chill out man, please take some time to read this entire thread before you make post after post. Most of the angles you are taking in this thread have already been addressed. Currently you are sliding this thread into a bunch of pointless straw man arguments.

Based on your posts I am not sure you grasp science and the scientific method.

I am still amazed that there are some closed minds that actually think 'homosexual conversion treatment' is an acceptable thing to force minors to go through. That is what this thread is about in case anyone forgot.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I am sure you probably think that we are animals also because that is part of the indoctrination.

We ARE animal. Humans are part of the animal family. And just because we have a spiritual aspect doesn't take away from the fact that the spirits are housed in ANIMAL BODIES. That's reality.

And spiritually speaking ... there is nothing wrong with homosexuality either. Oh .. and don't quote Leviticus to us .... people aren't going to hell for eating bacon, or for cutting their beards, or for planting their gardens with mixed seeds, or for being homosexual. Leviticus is the work of uneducated peasants who superstitiously blamed every bad thing that happened to them on God being angry about this or that.

Thank you for your opinion. Why is it always the supposedly unreligious who bring religion into these debates.
And I'm pretty sure hell isn't in leviticus.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
a reply to: kaylaluv

I was gonna say, how in the world is getting people to wear a seat belt propoganda? The damn seat belt agenda and those safety minded seat belt pushers trying to save our lives. What gives them the right?

A seatbelt has never saved my life or the life of anyone I know. I have like many others however paid several tickets for not wearing one however.

It is a demonstration of how the propaganda machine works.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So the everything but the past 40 years is ancient history to you huh?

Don't be obtuse. You know ... or you SHOULD know ... that the more advanced medicine and psychology is, the more information it gets. We know more now then we did 50 years ago .. 100 years ago .. 200 years ago. To say that medicine and biology understanding is better 40 years ago than it is now ... that's absurd.

Something cannot be normal and a variation.

Yes it can. Green eyes are normal. Being left handed is normal. Being homosexual is normal. It's all within expected 'normal variation' range for humans. There is no one standard 'normal' human.

What I know is that "science" has morphed into a religion based on speculations and distortions of the facts. The more time passes the more corrupt and less reliable every institution becomes.

The only real science being done is in developing technologies and psychological methodologies in order to make everyone accept the indoctrination without resistance.

And religion is religion based on speculations, distortion of facts, and down right stupidity. Look where all of those feats of human evolution got us. Science, is just that. Thinking like you and the other yahoo in the beginning of the thread is the type that get people harmed for not acting a certain way, or thinking a certain way. Maybe you won't personally harm someone but it happens all over the world all the time because of old fashioned, uneducated, and ignorant world views and...religion.

Science used to argue the opposite of what you are now so against it arguing. Are you angry that the agenda is no longer in your corner, or did you also see it as propoganda when scientists were anti-gay?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

But calling someone a bigot because he disagrees with you is A OK right?

That guy was disagreeing with the vast majority of the people on this board as well as widely accepted scientific studies.

Perhaps a little refresher in the English would help here.

bigot-a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group

I stand by what I wrote.
He hated no one and has not refused to accept anyone. Being unpopular does not a bigot make.
edit on 11-6-2014 by begoodbees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

The only ones bringing religion into these threads are the poor souls who follow a demonic version of Christianity. They are blindly spreading hate against groups of people they do not understand and refuse to listen to any arguments that counter what they have been told by someone at a sermon.

Jesus was about spreading love and acceptance, NOT hate.

Science is based on facts, observation, and the scientific method. Religion is based on faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join