It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
a reply to: smithjustinb

playing the devil's advocate and bringing information to the table
no, you arent. In fact, you have openly admitted that you have nothing to back up your claims.

Prematurely. Then I read up on it and educated myself. Then my authority to speak in this thread increased. Then I presented a counter point against the currently accepted conclusion of the studies that suggest homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexuality. And I have yet to hear a counter point against my own.
wow. So in less than one day you have educated yourself n this topic?

Impressive.

So, since you are now totally educated, do you care to post something that backs up your claims? Not "weiners go into vaginas", but some actual scientific evidence?

Didnt think so.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Except for the fact they want to put their pee pees where they don't belong.

Lmao... you know the number of heterosexual who has anal sex is higher than homosexuals right? and its not always women in the receiving end(even in a heterosexual relationship).

Stop conforming into certain aspects, people are different.

Who care what they do with their own body in first place?

lol... it sad to see you are one of those "i hate them because they have butt sex".

Apparently the LGBT community want the WHOLE WORLD to know what gets them off and if someone does not like it they should be shamed publicly and or face legal punishment. It is funny how they complained about being treated unfairly and now the politicians have realized there is a large voting base with that community they now have the right to insult and treat those that don't see things their way, harshly.

I don't like homosexual life partners. Don't like it? To bad!

I was born this way.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

wow she is a powerful speaker,and proves my point regarding a topic I started on the subject.

Why some groups, African American, Hispanic and Muslim , who are very Conservative spiritually, vote democratic.

edit on 123030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xaphan

You claim in one of your posts that you are only 'advocating research'. And even if it is an "illness" like you say, how exactly is it a harmful illness?

Are there any illnesses that aren't, in some way, harmful?

How does it have a negative effect on YOUR life?

It makes no difference to me what one individual does with another individual in their private moments. I care about this issue because I see America heading in the wrong direction. We need to have all the facts before we start forcing people to tolerate this condition and accept it as normal. I don't think its normal. A lot of people don't think its normal. So its important for people like me to stand up and advocate better research before tolerance becomes law and we turn out to be wrong.

I never implied that there were no harmful illnesses. Watch your footing, you're getting into strawman territory. What I was implying is that even if this is an illness like you say, it doesn't seem to have any negative consequences, does it? Gay people have always existed, and I don't think accepting it will cause any harm. Just merely accepting them and leaving them alone isn't going to cause some kind of 'gay pandemic' where it will spread like a virus. When people use the "it tears away at the moral fiber of this country!" argument all I hear in my head is "I personally find it gross and offensive, so it must be banned."

Think of all the countries that legalized gay marriage. They didn't collapse, did they? With all due respect I just don't find your argument to be very compelling. I've never seen any evidence that it will destroy society.

Thankfully old fashioned people are on the brink of becoming an endangered species anyways, so is it really worth fighting a losing battle when most people are starting to head in the other direction? Thinking realistically, what you're asking for is most likely not going to happen.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream

Lmao... you know the number of heterosexual who has anal sex is higher than homosexuals right?

That is a perversion.

Why.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I love it when people totally miss the point and prove themself a fool in the process.

Makes me smile.

I do give you credit though....you are one of the few who will actually admit to being a bigot.
edit on 11-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

That is a perversion..

That's THEIR BUSINESS ... not yours. What consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedroom is no one's business but their own. If you don't like it ... pray for them. But also ... mind your own business, it doesn't affect anyone but them. They don't need curing.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: Xaphan
a reply to: Murgatroid
>uneducated
>lacks a well constructed argument
"Quick, better start quoting the bible! That will help me win my argument for sure."

What you call education, I call indoctrination.

I have absolutely NO interest winning an argument.

I come to ATS for one reason...

To know the truth and to share it with others so that they can see it for themselves.

SOME of us have enough sense to realize the difference between education and truth.

Just like the MSM, education and the control of knowledge is nothing but a mind control technique.

As another man without a high school diploma, I discovered many years ago that the "educated" class is generally not educated at all, it is mis-educated. The whole purpose of American (perhaps all "western") "higher education" is obviously to bring minds into lock step with "The Agenda." As a general rule, the less official American education a person has been exposed to, the greater his/her ration of common sense.

"Education" is Spiritual Suicide

I see. So as I'm a journalist, that makes me some kind of tool for a faceless upper power. And as my wife is a teacher she too is a tool for some kind of shadowy evil organisation that practices mind control. Hum. I think that the best way to reply is with hysterical laughter.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I love it when people totally miss the point and peove themself a fool in the process.

Makes me smile.

I do give you credit though....you are one of the few who will actually admit to being a bigot.

Thank you for proving my point. I couldn't have planned it better. Didn't see it your way... guess I'm an idiot.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I presented a counter point against the currently accepted conclusion of the studies that suggest homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexuality.

No you didn't. The fact is that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexuality. You have not in any way proven that wrong.

You gave your opinion that the accepted truth - that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexuality - is incomplete. You said that their conclusion is based on the psychological adjustment of desire to pleasure but is inconclusive due to its failure to include the psychological adjustment of pleasure to procreation.

My degree is in psychology and I can tell ya' .... that's just wrong.

The consensus of the experts in the fields of behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions is that homosexuality is a normal variation of human sexual orientation. The American Psychiatric Association, The American Psychological Association Council of Representatives and the World Health Organization all are HIGHLY educated and understand this much more than you or I do .... and they agree that this is a normal variation in human sexuality. It's a normal variation in animal sexuality. Homosexuality is found throughout the animal kingdom.

The once-prevalent social norms from hundreds of years ago, which were full of religious bias, have been dumped in favor of accurate scientific, medical, and psychological information. Superstitions are not 'proof'.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

I love it when people totally miss the point and peove themself a fool in the process.

Makes me smile.

Thank you for proving my point. I couldn't have planned it better. Didn't see it your way... guess I'm an idiot.
I never said you were an idiot. I said you missed the point. And you did.

On top of that, you admitted to being a bigot.

So what exactly did I say that wasnt 100% accurate?

Oh right, people like you expect to be able to spew hate and not having anyone say anything about it. My bad. I forgot how you people work.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

You are very good at arguing your point.

Then you start name calling the first time somebody disagrees...Why ?

You are obviously intelligent enough to make your point without name calling.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I have to ask what you thought of that video posted, although I believe some gays are born that way, it is so obvious, others are not, and I think it is a choice is some instances.

and I in no way judge them,

"Homosexuality is not purely genetic. Environmental factors play a role. There is not a single master gene that makes people gay. I don't think that we will ever be able to predict who will be gay."
Dr. Dean Hamer
edit on 123030p://bWednesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

You are very good at arguing your point.

Then you start name calling the first time somebody disagrees...Why ?

You are obviously intelligent enough to make your point without name calling.
when a person admits to having a prejudice against gay people based solely on the fact that they are gay, is it really name calling to point out the bigotry?

Why is it that people think its their right to spread hatred, but not to be called on it? Dont like being called a bigot? Dont be a bigot, and certainly dont run around bragging about being a bigot.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

He has the right to his opinion.

He has the right to be uneducated on the subject.

He (nor anyone else) have made any Gay slurs.

Yet you go right to bigot. To me it discredits your argument.

And if I'm wrong.....Well, I have that right.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
I can tell you what my psychology prof told me years ago ... most are born homosexual ... also some develop that way for reasons unknown. But it isn't a 'lifestyle choice'. No one wakes up one morning and decides that they are going to be homosexual. There is direct and indisputable information showing that there are physical differences between the homosexual brain and the heterosexual brain.

The bottom line ... it's not a choice ... it's not 'evil' ... it's a natural variation in human sexuality (like being left handed or having green eyes is a natural variation) ... and what adults do in their own bedrooms is no one's business but their own.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

He has the right to his opinion.
Yes he does.

He has the right to be uneducated on the subject.
Yes, he does.

He (nor anyone else) have made any Gay slurs. Yet you go right to bigot
Nope, he said this:
"I don't like homosexual life partners. Don't like it? To bad! " which is a completely bigoted statement.

Bigotry is the state of mind of a bigot: someone who, as a result of their prejudices, treats or views other people with fear, distrust or hatred on the basis of a person's ethnicity, evaluative orientation, race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

en.wikipedia.org...

Saying that I dont like all gay people solely based on the fact taht they are gay, does, in fact, make you a bigot.

To me it discredits your argument.
Fair enough. I wont lose sleep over the fact that people dont like to see a bigot called a bigot.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
whyamIhere and captaintyinknots

If a poster admits that the word 'bigot' fits them .. then give them credit for admitting it and it's fair game to say they are a bigot and to use that word. But at the same time, the word 'bigot' gets tossed around here at ATS a lot when it simply isn't true. Is that logical ??

Texas GOP endorses ‘treatment’ for homosexuality -

Homosexuality can't be 'cured'. It's a normal variant in human sexuality. It's not a mental illness. It's not anyones business what consenting adults do in their own bedroom. My question .. so WHY do people care if others are homosexual or not? It doesn't affect them ... so WHY?

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

If a poster admits that the word 'bigot' fits them .. then give them credit for admitting it and it's fair game to say they are a bigot and to use that word. But at the same time, the word 'bigot' gets tossed around here at ATS a lot when it simply isn't true. Is that logical ??
Yes. And Im the first to admit that I have used it at times when it didnt fit (you know flyersfan
)

That said, when someone openly brags about not liking gay people because they are gay, I dont have any concerns about calling them a bigot.

Homosexuality can't be 'cured'. It's a normal variant in human sexuality.
Thats the problem with this. A lot of people confuse the term "cure" with "deprogrammed". A person can be programmed to do just about anything, and can have just about anything deprogrammed out of their personality. A straight person can be programmed to be gay. A gay person can be programmed to be straight. A bigot can be programmed to be tolerant.

That doesnt mean they are cured of anything. It means that the human brain can be manipulated. Brainwashing is vulgar, it is unethical, and it is wrong.

And it is what some claim as a so-called "cure".

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Failure of 'treatment for homosexuality' ...

Some parts of the world use ... 'corrective rape' ... to force homosexuals to become heterosexual. My god .. it's barbaric!

Sexual Orientation Change Efforts

The longstanding consensus of the behavioral and social sciences, and the health and mental health professions, since the 1970s, is that homosexuality and bisexuality are per se normal and positive variation of human sexual orientation.[1][3] The research consistently failed to provide any empirical or scientific basis for regarding homosexuality or bisexuality as a disorder or abnormality.[4][5]

There is a large body of research evidence that indicates that being gay, lesbian or bisexual is compatible with normal mental health and social adjustment.[5] Because of this, the major mental health professional organizations do not encourage individuals to try to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. Indeed, such interventions are ethically suspect because they can be harmful to the psychological well-being of those who attempt them; clinical observations and self-reports indicate that many individuals who unsuccessfully attempt to change their sexual orientation experience considerable psychological distress.

For these reasons, no major mental health professional organization has sanctioned efforts to change sexual orientation and virtually all of them have adopted policy statements cautioning the profession and the public about treatments that purport to change sexual orientation.[6][7][8] The Royal College of Psychiatrists shares the concern of both the American Psychiatric Association and the American Psychological Association that positions espoused by bodies like the National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality (NARTH) in the United States are not supported by science and that so-called treatments of homosexuality as recommended by NARTH create a setting in which prejudice and discrimination can flourish

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join