It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Police race to active shooter at Reynolds High School

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It's just unbelievable that the general public STILL isn't starting to get suspicious. I really thought people were a lot smarter than that.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You can only wake the willing.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navillus
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Along with the ill informed.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

originally posted by: starviego
When they release the lone gunman's name, look for references to previous mental health 'treatment.'

It's the shrinks, not the drugs, nor the guns, nor people just 'snapping.'

Can you give a reference for this or a reason for this belief?

It's part of the profile. See my posts here:
signofthetimes.yuku.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Be that as it may - gun crime is incredibly rare in the UK. Even within criminal circles.

I'm not sure how our system would fit in America - or even if it could - but there's no statistic you can find that would suggest that ordinary citizens of the UK are even comparably likely to killed by an illegal gun holder to their American counterpart. I don't think you could find a comparable statistic for stabbings, stranglings, beating to death or any other form of violent killing.

Gun crime here is almost exclusively inter-related to gun criminals. It just is.

I don't advocate taking your guns - but there's an important debate to be had about why you're 40 times more likely to die from a gun per 100,000 people as an American than as a Brit - even though our disarming means only criminals have guns.

UK - X
USA - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Good guys and bad guys accepted - that's a major difference.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Navillus

And the sleeping as well.

Just a little FYI...

"You can't wake someone who is pretending to be asleep." ~ Native American Proverb

“You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep” is an ancient Navajo proverb. The wisdom of this proverb has withstood the test of time and therefore it should not escape your attention today. Slow down, for just a minute, and consider it:

Meaning of “You can’t wake a person who is pretending to be asleep”

• People who are pretending to be asleep will resist being awakened because they have something to lose by ending the charade.

• People who pretend to be asleep can often lose track of what is real and what is pretend and thus cannot respond normally to situations.

• People will act as if nothing is happening when they don’t want to face the reality of the situation by pretending to be unaware or unsure despite being presented with the evidence.

You Can’t Wake A Person Who Is Pretending To Be Asleep

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: WhiteAlice

I edited my post. go back and read it please. still itwas prolly the resource officer with the gun on him,but they wont say. this is shooting 74 since new town BTW.

Awesome, thanks. If they don't clarify on it, I'll see what I can find out from the teachers I know as whatever happens at one high school here does get funneled through the system. If they find two students with guns but not as shooters, that will spread to them.

Is that number omitting gang related shootings as those would be of a different sort?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: KingIcarus
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So, what you're saying is - you'll not accept the evidence of basically anyone qualified to intepret the actual, peer reviewed, scientific data? That's an interesting position to take.

Out of interest - where do you get your evidence that disproves almost everyone who works in every facet of mental healthcare?

I am a bit confused. As far as I have seen, ALL of the shooters of late, have had mental illness issues. All of them. And they ALL were prescribed something. If you don't see some sort of connection, then perhaps you might try looking with your eyes open this time.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Depends on how you define "as of late". If you add in the ones from the 90's, there were several that had been prescribed medications but had ceased taking them a month or so before their shootings. Kip Kinkel is one of those, iirc.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So, what you're saying is - you'll not accept the evidence of basically anyone qualified to intepret the actual, peer reviewed, scientific data? That's an interesting position to take.

Out of interest - where do you get your evidence that disproves almost everyone who works in every facet of mental healthcare?

I am a bit confused. As far as I have seen, ALL of the shooters of late, have had mental illness issues. All of them. And they ALL were prescribed something. If you don't see some sort of connection, then perhaps you might try looking with your eyes open this time.

Is this a joke?

Are you really positing the fact that people with mental health issues are the common, unifying factor to those who decide to shoot people up en masse? Before you start, I appreciate this case isn't 'en masse' so to speak.

Who exactly do you think 'normally' shoot people up in such a manner? Saints alive.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I guess my point is, folks with normal brains aren't the ones doing all the killing. It's the people with mental issues.

We seem to not have any system in place at the moment to deal with these people other than throwing some drugs at them.

What we are doing isn't working. At all. Not even a little.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Is this a joke?

Are you really positing the fact that people with mental health issues are the common, unifying factor to those who decide to shoot people up en masse? Before you start, I appreciate this case isn't 'en masse' so to speak.

Who exactly do you think 'normally' shoot people up in such a manner? Saints alive.

Yes, I am stating exactly that. Clearly and with no hint of confusion. If you need clarification, just let me know.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't advocate taking your guns - but there's an important debate to be had about why you're 40 times more likely to die from a gun per 100,000 people as an American than as a Brit - even though our disarming means only criminals have guns.

Thank you, I appreciate your civility and understanding. However I find a scenario where only criminals have firearms a rather unsettling one.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Is this a joke?

Yes, I am stating exactly that. Clearly and with no hint of confusion. If you need clarification, just let me know.

People with dirty clothes are mainly responsible for the success of dry cleaning too.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I guess my point is, folks with normal brains aren't the ones doing all the killing. It's the people with mental issues.

We seem to not have any system in place at the moment to deal with these people other than throwing some drugs at them.

The mental health program in this country was torn down decades ago (and rightfully so). The problem is, it was never rebuilt. It was simply usurped by big pharma.

So long as people's personal well being is able to be exploited for money, these things will continue to increase in frequency.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

Exactly.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: KingIcarus

And yet, violent crime overall is higher in the UK than in America.

These conversations need to be about the "why". Not the "how". The "how" is a byproduct. The "why" is what matters.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Part of the problem is that the many of kids that are doing or have done this aren't dumb. If they're being stuck with a therapist, psychiatrist, or psychologist whose total iq is less than theirs, then that is just inviting the kid to manipulate that individual's opinion. That's what Kip Kinkel did. Kip was smart and he didn't want to be viewed as mentally ill. He and many others just told lies to hide how bad it was internally to avoid having a smudge on their record or jeopardizing their future.

This is an overview with additional embedded links into the trial of Kip Kinkel. Look at the psychological/medical testimony portion:
www.pbs.org...

A lot of these kids are scary smart and scary smart can be smart enough to hide.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

I agree. I have no idea what needs to be done to fix it. But I know people right now, that have issues, are on medication, and if they chose to stop their medication, could fit the profile of any one of these killers. Hell, you can spot them on this site quite easily.

I just think that until we as society come up with a plan to deal with mental illness instead of sending it out the door for others to worry about, this kind of thing will keep happening.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Yep. Agree 100%

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join