It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Police race to active shooter at Reynolds High School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
From the story it sounds like responders are already on scene and got there fairly quickly. These school shootings are getting to be an almost bi-monthly thing now it seems. WTF? I mean there seriously has to be something wrong with their home lives....and not just shootings, the "slender man" stabbings and stuff...

Just remember when the % of people on SSRI's shooting # up gets to like 80%... that it's not SSRI's, it's guns. Guns kill people. If you put bullets in they shoot for themselves... duh.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks
Don't know where they got this info, but CNN already reporting that the shots were fired from a semi auto weapon. Gotta we wonder we're they got that info since nobody else is reporting it.

That does not really say much except that it was not a revolver or a muzzle loader.

ETA: I see that Captain beat me to it, good catch.

edit on 10-6-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawgRex
***snip***

Video Games, Medications, Movies and cable TV, etc,etc, coupled with instant fame because of the 24/7/365 coverage.

Shouldn't it be

24/7/52 or sometimes 24/7/53?

edit on 10-6-2014 by HolgerTheDane2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You forget single shot and bolt action and pump action

edit on 10-6-2014 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Did anyone see the lady that was mentioned in a thread that got put into the LOL bin...

I just seen her on the Live stream of Koin trying to get a screenshot of her... as soon as I seen her I could tell she was familiar.
not making assumptions just telling you guys what I seen..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: twohawks
You forget single shot and bolt action and pump action

And lever action.

The likelihood however is that it is some sort of semi-automatic pistol or rifle as this is the preponderance of weapons in the market.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

***snip***

Video Games, Medications, Movies and cable TV, etc,etc, coupled with instant fame because of the 24/7/365 coverage.

Shouldn't it be

24 hours
7 days a week
365 days a years (excluding leap years)

Get a clue.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Yeah, I noticed that too. The media is sensationalizing everyone's shooting after Chris's father was screaming NRA, "not one more child", soon as that happened, now all we hear is shooting in Canada, shooting in Las Vegas, and now shooting in a high school.Tomorrow and the next day, etc... they will be chasing another shooter until they pass a law on guns.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItCameFromOuterSpace
Is this part of the "revolution"??

Don't think so
This is more like a disgruntled teenager with a gun

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
One dead student....so sad.
edit on 10-6-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Diabolical
Tomorrow and the next day, etc... they will be chasing another shooter until they pass a law on guns.

And how would another gun law prevent shootings or murders?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amraks
Did anyone see the lady that was mentioned in a thread that got put into the LOL bin...

I just seen her on the Live stream of Koin trying to get a screenshot of her... as soon as I seen her I could tell she was familiar.
oh good lord. I saw a brunette lady with shoulder length hair and made a joke that someone was going to claim it was her.

Good lord people.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
1 student dead, 1 gunman dead in shooting at high school in Oregon, police confirm

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's not uncommon for west coast schools to end in the middle of June.
Schools also start later, around Labor Day and up here they plan for snow days.

On our side of the river (SW Washington) last day of school is June 18.

Edit: Other people beat me to the explanation.

edit on 10-6-2014 by collietta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots

originally posted by: amraks

oh good lord. I saw a brunette lady with shoulder length hair and made a joke that someone was going to claim it was her.

Good lord people.

This person was in a blue shirt with yellow patches wearing the same glasses lol..

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Damn, sorry to hear about the dead student. Earlier reports spoke of just an injury to a staff member.

Thanking my stars I don't have kids in school (or anywhere else). The world is just getting meaner and meaner. When I was a kid I drove my F150 to my drivers training class, after returning from my ROP class across town.

Oh and I did have a 22 rifle in the gun rack when I went to school as it was always in the gun rack. Despite being the smallest and most picked on kid at school it never occurred to me to grab the rifle. Nor did it occur to any of the kids of my generation. Something just ain't right.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Mamatus because: spelieliing

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

a reply to: sheepslayer247

I think that it is "all of the above."

But most of all, it boils down to weak minds who cannot fight their baser instincts. And then they act.

I cannot believe how fast the world has changed in the past 20 years.

Gun deaths have decreased by half in the past twenty years. Injuries from gun violence has decreased 75%.

Study: Despite drop in gun crime, 56% think it's worse

According to the survey, done in March, 56% of Americans believe gun crime is worse today than it was 20 years ago. And 84% believe in recent years, gun crime has either gone up or stayed the same — when the reality is that it has dropped significantly.

The rate of non-fatal violent gun crime victimization dropped 75% in the past 20 years; The gun homicide rate dropped 49% in the same period, according to numbers Pew researchers obtained from the Bureau of Justice Statistics and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

www.usatoday.com...

Odds of being killed in mass shooting is about the same as being struck by lightning.

Mass shootings are no more common than they have been in past decades, despite the impression given by the media.

In fact, the high point for mass killings in the U.S. was 1929, according to criminologist Grant Duwe of the Minnesota Department of Corrections. Incidents of mass murder in the U.S. declined from 42 in the 1990s to 26 in the first decade of this century.

The chances of being killed in a mass shooting are about what they are for being struck by lightning.

www.nationalreview.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HolgerTheDane2

***snip***

Shouldn't it be

24 hours
7 days a week
365 days a years (excluding leap years)

Get a clue.

That's what I mean. I have a clue.

24/7 signifies a whole week. There are 52 (sometimes 53) weeks i a year.

24/7/365 would mean a whole week 365 times a year.

But as you said: "get a clue". But I'll leave it at that because "I could care less".

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I dont want to coment on this topic because i dont live un the US and i dont understand a lot of things in your culture, this pic makes my point.

edit on 7844930xu1912pm630 by Bitxushanty because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

I know what you mean. My wife and I were just talking about this the other day. When I went to high school, I was on the Rifle Team. We had real guns in the school and we had shooting competitions inside the gymnasium. No one ever even thought about shooting anyone and there never were any problems. I really think all the recent shootings (real and fake) and publicity around all of it is a means to justify the gun grab agenda. It's sickening, but what's even more sickening is the sheer number of people falling for it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join