It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DCS: World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Hi All,
I just recently downloaded DCS: World which is an advanced flight simulator for PC. So far I've only dropped cash on the A-10C, but I'm incredibly impressed with the level of detail that went into this game. Does anyone else on here play?

DCS: World

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
yah i played for a while great warthog sim waiting to setup a good 3 screen pc to log some more air time. gddr6 amd crossfire for the win

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ichigokunbaka

Nice! I'm drooling over the idea of picking up an Occulus for this once they are more dialed in. The only module I bought so far was the A-10C, how about you?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: parad0x122

Thanks for sharing that game, did not know about it and enjoy a good flight sim from time to time.
Do you get a plane with it when you downloaded it or is it only the game and no models.

Did try out Lock On: Modern Air Combat and must say its pretty advanced for beginners but lots of fun. Kind of old now i guess. Next to that i fly FS:X some times, just to feel like a pilot

Here is a Long vid of a group of guys paying DCS:World in A-10 Warthogs, i wanted to see the gameplay,
they even taxi together at the start..

Enjoy it, and fly save!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

Awesome! I was a huge Jane's ATF: Gold enthusiast growing up and dabbled in a lot of the MS: Flight Sim's as well. The game does come with some planes, 2 to be exact. There's essentially 2 different "types" of planes in this game; AFM (Advanced Flight Models) and BFM (Basic Flight Models.) The difference between the two, is that in an AFM style plane EVERYTHING in the cockpit can be interacted with. Every switch, every lever; they all do their real-life jobs. The BFM's still have the same level of detail as far as the cockpit model is concerned, but they lack the ability to interact with as many mechanisms as the AFM's do.

The two free starter planes, and their types are are:
TF-51D Mustang - AFM

SU-25T Frogfoot - BFM

new topics

top topics

join