It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now the White House says Hagel made final call on Bergdahl as criticism of Obama over prisoner swap

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Now the White House says Hagel made final call on Bergdahl as criticism of Obama over prisoner swap mounts

* - Congress learned on Monday that Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel gave final approval for the prisoner exchange that freed Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl
* - Last week, Hagel said the swap was a unanimous decision made by senior officials
* - Hagel is expected to defend the prisoner exchange on Wednesday in an appearance before the House Armed Services Committee

FInal approval for the prisoner exchange that freed Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was made by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, members of Congress learned on Monday from administration officials.

'They indicated (it was) Secretary Hagel (who made the final call),' Rep. Buck McKeon (R-CA) said after a classified briefing, ABC points out.

'It was the president of the United States that came out (in the Rose Garden) with the Bergdahls and took all the credit and now that there’s been a little pushback he’s moving away from it and it’s Secretary Hagel?'

Last week, Hagel said the swap was a unanimous decision when speaking to the BBC.

'It was the Secretary of Defense, Secretary of State, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Director of National Intelligence, Attorney General,' he said.

'It was our judgement based on the information that we had that his life, his health were in peril,' Hagel also told the channel in defense of not giving Congress 30 days' notice of the plan.

'Can you imagine if we would have waited or taken the chance of leaks over a 30-day period?' Hagel said.

Click link for remainder of article...

I am shocked yet not surprised by this latest maneuver.

Nothing is ever Obamas fault.

Change we can believe in? I think he meant Blame he can believe in.

Urgency and accidentally failing to notify Congress my ass -

Congress was upset to learn on Monday that 80 to 90 people in the Obama administration knew of the exchange - but that no Republicans or Democrats in the House were told.

edit on 10-6-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Obama also made the statement that it was a unanimous decision.... In what he called 'my government.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

'It was the president of the United States that came out (in the Rose Garden) with the Bergdahls and took all the credit and now that there’s been a little pushback he’s moving away from it and it’s Secretary Hagel?'

It's a politician, what would a person expect, reality? Not by a long shot.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just how many people are being given the authority to make decisions and run this country? Looks like at least 90, so far.

Maybe instead of being in session for a few days a year, congress can just go on permanent vacation and have their 'under-paid salary' direct deposited in their bank accounts.
edit on 2u77America/Chicago301 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Just goes to show that they will say what ever they think will either make them look good or save their own asses .But why did they want to let the milk and honey terrorist go .Go where ? Home ? Nope Qatar ! Qatar is one of the gulf state along with the Saudi's that are supplying arms and Islamic extremist to fight the proxy war in Syria .Are the Americans so desperate to get more boots on the ground there they will take the chance that these guys will come back to kill other Americans ? Seems to be the case . just my 2 cents ...peace

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

That is the issue I am having right now as well.

This issue has been around for the last 5 years. 90 people in the Administration knew yet they couldn't find the time to notify Congress.

The other issue I have is the changing justifications... again.

Obama is going to busy himself under so many scandals that it will be impossible to investigate them / hold people responsible.

Apparently the Feds are dumping illegal immigrants in Texas and now Arizona - 2 states Obama does not care much for, especially Arizona. They are calling for Holders impeachment over failure to enforce federal immigration law.

Im thinking we should do a we the people petition to impeach Obama.
Then we can use the same system that Congress has set up for their version of it and call for the resignations of those politicians who forget what their oath is.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I was wondering how long it was going to take for you / another member of your contingent to derail the thread into another America the evil song and dance you guys like to do so much. Any chance you can summon the inner strength and remain on topic?

There are plenty of other "I hate America" threads you can use.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I don't hate Americans . I am not fond of the policies and intrusions into other countries your Govt. seems to have no qualms about .Weather drone bombing wedding parties ,schools and hospitals .I am assuming that even you Americans are not very happy about it either . This thread is about a subject is not just about the rose garden or the justice dept. and who broke what if any law ,but is related or has relations to many facets .I am thinking that even Hastings death has a relation to it . But like I said I was only giving my 2 cents . a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Obama has lied tell he can lie no more, its time to throw someone under the bus and throw up his hands and tell the country the truth, " I did not know about this swap tell I saw it on the news" .

edit on 10-6-2014 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
So I went to get the take on what this thread is about and I guess it's a bash Obama thread .No problem as I don't think you need any help from me on that one . He has lots and lots he can be bashed about on . Like you say the immigrants being moved about has the hackles up on plenty of members . Seeing this thread brought up these 5 terrorist being released I was assuming Obamas over lords were pulling his strings and he was only trying to save his own falling popularity among Americans .I dont think the T&C will allow you to start a petition to impeach him though . a reply to: the2ofusr1

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This Journalist Died After Exposing Bowe Bergdahl’s Anti-Americanism
Read more at www.westernjournalism.com...

Remember Hastings?

At the time Rolling Stone reporter Michael Hastings was killed under suspicious circumstances, he had recently written a huge exposé on Bowe Bergdahl, revealing that he had deserted his unit and actively sought out the Taliban. Hastings had also revealed Bergdahl’s anti-American sentiments, publishing the emails to his father that so shocked America: “I am ashamed to be an American…The horror that is America is disgusting.”

This revelation actually came in July of 2012, when Hastings published a ten-thousand word article on Bergdahl, in which he had traveled to Afghanistan to speak to his former platoon mates, the soldiers violating their gag order to speak to Hastings anonymously. Hastings had also visited Bergdahl’s parents in Idaho, where he presumably obtained the emails. When we saw Obama pawing Bowe Bergdahl’s mother and hugging his father last week in the White House Rose Garden, this wasn’t how he was treating them in 2012. The Obama administration in 2012 had “encouraged” his parents to keep their mouths shut.

A 22-page secret FBI report dated June 11, 2012, obtained by investigative reporter Jason Leopold, shows that both Hastings and former Afghanistan war veteran and co-writer Matt Farwell were under an intense FBI investigation in early 2012. The document is highly redacted; but it appears Hastings and Farwell were under direct FBI surveillance, including when they met with Bowe Bergdahl’s parents in 2012.

wow

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ohh it must be nice to be able to be in a position where you have so many friends that you can skrewover when it suits you. 1 st you do not have the spine and balls to make the decision then you pass the buck when it look like you can score you take the brownie points if it back fire you push he one who had the balls to do something over the cliff. Nice one

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov...

Khairulla Khairkhwa, et al v. Barack Obama, et al

law.justia.com...

Obama went to court to keep one of the 'Taliban Five' freed in Bergdahl deal locked up at Guantanamo Bay

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... 4F85NfxE
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Im thinking we should do a we the people petition to impeach Obama.
Then we can use the same system that Congress has set up for their version of it and call for the resignations of those politicians who forget what their oath is.

COULDN'T AGREE MORE!!!

We need one step further though, the cancer has effected everyone in not only the administration but most of everyone involved in our government. We need a new process and get rid of all of them, hire people that WE elect into office. Not based on who they know, how much money and connections they have, experience, etc......WHO WE WANT THERE AS "THE PEOPLE"! I want to personally have a vote sent to my doorstep to anyone who is running, get a chance to hear their stance and what their plan is and do it like I am hiring that person for my own business, just like every other American, not the joke of an election process we go through currently.

I want the whole system revamped from the ground up, that is the only way we will see change!

/rant....sorry but that is how I feel about this corrupt/diseased system that is in place.
edit on 6/10/2014 by Chrisfishenstein because: /rant

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Pfft, Impeachment will never come.

For any other administration; it would have happened already. Obama is going out of his way at this point to PROVE he cannot be impeached IMO. They are consolidating their power and showing it off to the masses - especially us CT'ers.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Just how many people are being given the authority to make decisions and run this country? Looks like at least 90, so far.

Maybe instead of being in session for a few days a year, congress can just go on permanent vacation and have their 'under-paid salary' direct deposited in their bank accounts.
That's how it works. No one person can run this country duh...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Obama always has a volunteer scapegoat.

Blind faith is bliss.

The whole Administration is scapegoating for the "cause".

Very dangerous.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
In my earlier post I made ,I alluded to what seems I am not alone in thinking about what and why these things are happening
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Instant star! And with a nine percent general approval
rating even per the WaPost; I'll be happy to pay the
ransom to keep their worse than worthless butts home,
and out of mischief under that dome.

It looks like when you take credit for something happening
now it means you actually did the deed. Well, DUH Barry.
Too bad the psy/photo op blew up in your agenda to cloy
the scent of the VA and Benghazi stink.

God I love it when a plan falls apart. Problem is no matter
where you decide to stop the bus in order to regroup and
maybe pitch a valued passenger, the meter's still running.
So are the mainstream cameras... 24/7/365. Ours too, God willing.

I was 22 when the House Judiciary Committee was the favorite
daytime soap, and John Dean was starting to sweat. We're
long overdue for another dose, no matter what the outcome.

"At least kabuki has ornate costumery." Robby Noel, 2008

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Personally I don't think it matters what they say our who they blame nobody is going to believe our trust anything the Obama administration says about anything because they have lied and committed criminal behavior so many times that it is automatically believed that they are liars and criminals.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join