It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some things you may not have considered as uses for WD-40

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

wd40 is awesome. just don't spray it on paint and not clean it off thoroughly. It will eat right through it.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i just played "what is this" and posted the first 5 strange uses, no one got it

To be perfectly honest my main use for WD-40 is squeaky doors, totally destroys creeks and squeaks like nothing else.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I use Ballistol...it's non-toxic, environmentally friendly, was created by the Germans a long time ago and works great on everything!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

As for that Basic, Main Ingredient.......
Well.... it's FISH OIL....

From Wikipedia

Formulation
WD-40's main ingredients as supplied in aerosol cans, according to U.S. Material Safety Data Sheet information, are:

50% "aliphatic hydrocarbons". The manufacturer's website specifically claims that this fraction in the current formulation cannot be accurately referred to as Stoddard solvent, a similar mixture of hydrocarbons.[8]

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Ha! I just saw a ad for some product that you just rub on your car to make it shine like new again. I forgot to look at the price, but hmmm, I wonder just what it's made of.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ecapsretuo

probably the same people Chuck Norris™ paid, to have people compile a list of legends about him.

it's called a chain mail.. or more appropriately, internet rumor.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Don't use it on squeaky wheeled chairs that have a lift or back movement thingo... because it works too well and cant hold you up anymore... totally destroys the chairs.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Fish oil !

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
If you have a lock that's getting creaky, or the pins are holding onto the key, spray a little WD-40 on both sides of the key (best way is using that little red tube it comes with), then work the key in & out of the lock a few times. The lock will usually be good as new.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Love the stuff! I use it on my garage door to keep the rollers going smooth, and on the old pulleys in my windows.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

WD-40 is a great product and has been used for years for multi of things. But i have found some stuff that works a bit better its called Aero Kroil you should really check out this stuff works much better for the things in the garage then wd-40

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

it does attract more fish though
i think whats happening is it helps mask the human smell youve left on the bait after touching it
not sure
but it does seem to be an effective aid in fishing

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

nice summary, thank you!

However, the official safety data sheet says:
"67 Vapours may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
S-phrases:
23 Do not breathe vapour/spray.
24 Avoid contact with skin."

www.wd40.co.uk...

So, not sure about this arthritis usage...

posted on Jun, 15 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: sirhumperdink

I don't think using WD-40 to attract fish works.

I was out fishing one day when this guy asked me if I had caught anything. I said, yes I always do well in this area. He tells me that he fishes there often but never catches anything. He goes on to say that he uses the same kind of baits that he has seen other people use there. He watches people catch fish with the same stuff he's using but never catches anything.

So after talking and fishing for a bit he snags a rock and breaks his line. He opens his box to tie on some new tackle and pulls out this jar. I asked him, what do you have there? He said, I don't want my hooks to rust so I keep them in a jar full of WD-40, it works great. I laughed and said, well there's your problem. Lol.

I explained to him that fish are extremely sensitive to smells and it's no wonder he hasn't caught anything. So I gave him some of my hooks and told him he will probably have better luck with them. I bet you can guess what happened next. That's right, he started catching fish. He was pretty happy and laughed at himself for not thinking the WD-40 was the problem, especially since it was the one thing he was doing that was different than everyone else.

Of course, that was saltwater fishing. Maybe it's different for freshwater fish. I don't think it would be but maybe it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

37. Florida 's favorite use is: 'cleans and removes love bugs from grills and bumpers.'

Those who don't live here just have no idea. There are a couple of weeks a year, where this just gets SO disgusting. I just wash the vehicles immediately, so it doesn't dry there. The FL sun can back them on too, in short order.

You'll see vehicles just COVERED in bug guts during the brief season for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join