It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SJR Flashlight Prototype (mind blowing)

page: 1

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The following video is from a guy on YouTube who goes by the name of lasersaber, I've been following him for a several years and he always amazes me. He does lots of interesting electrical experiments and has pioneered "super joule ringer" technology. The videos he makes are completely legit and most of the time he provides schematics so that you can reproduce the circuits and devices that he makes yourself. I have reproduced several of his circuits and I will be certainly reproducing this one. This is the ultimate survivalist flashlight and could also be extremely useful in developing nations. I haven't seen anything even half as good as this hand-rechargeable flashlight in stores. Usually you have to shake them for 5 minutes, only for them to run out of juice 5 minutes later. With this thing it only takes 4 or 5 shakes to be virtually fully charged. Check this out:

Here is the schematic for the SJR Looper circuit if you wish to build one of these yourself:
laserhacker.com...
edit on 10/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
My husband is a freak for flashlights; I can't wait to show this to him!
He's always tinkering with something, so I know what his next project will be.
I don't mind him disappearing into the garage for hours on end; I always know where to find him!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
My husband is a freak for flashlights; I can't wait to show this to him!
He's always tinkering with something, so I know what his next project will be.
I don't mind him disappearing into the garage for hours on end; I always know where to find him!

Lol if he's a freak for flashlights I'm sure he wont believe his eyes when he sees this. I'm going to attempt to build one myself as soon as possible. Here is the full project page with more details on where to buy the parts: laserhacker.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Thats awesome. Thanks for posting this. I've never seen this channel before. I will have fun looking through it. These will be christmas presents in a few more months. a reply to: ChaoticOrder

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Great job, now that people can build a quality product at low cost at home themselves there is one more money monger millionaire makig money off of crap second or third rate products ticked off of the list!!!

This is a wonderfull gift to humanity, people like this man are changing the world from their workshops at home it is awsome!!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I tried a commercial shake flashlight but it wasn't very good.
This one might work better, but he used 3D printed parts and since I don't have a 3D printer I can't make an exact replica.
It's probably possible to improve on the efficiency of commercial units but I don't know by how much. One thing to note is that they usually have more than one LED, and his unit only has one LED so of course a unit with 3 LEDs will only last 1/3 as long as a 1 LED unit everything else being equal.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur
I think the output also can be deceiving on the camera depending on the settings. If the video is shot in a dark area with a wide open aperture, a dim led can look pretty bright. I'd like to see a video with a control led running at it's normal power compared to the sjr circuit running the same led, also factoring in the frequency.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

I tried a commercial shake flashlight but it wasn't very good.
This one might work better, but he used 3D printed parts and since I don't have a 3D printer I can't make an exact replica.
It's probably possible to improve on the efficiency of commercial units but I don't know by how much. One thing to note is that they usually have more than one LED, and his unit only has one LED so of course a unit with 3 LEDs will only last 1/3 as long as a 1 LED unit everything else being equal.

It shouldn't be too hard to replicate it without a 3D printer, all you really need is a short length of plastic piping and a magnet which roughly matches the inside diameter. And even if it does discharge 3 times as fast with 3 LEDs that's not so bad since it's so quick to charge back up, and with a larger cap it could probably hold a lot more charge. But he was using a fairly large white LED and it appeared to work pretty well even with just one LED. Considering this is the first prototype I'm sure he'll find many ways to improve on it, he always does.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Freezer

This is the video he made before the flashlight video, it gives you a better idea of the potential of the SJR Looper circuit and how much light and duration you can get from different sized caps. He actually does run 5 LED's in this demonstration and it's clear that the caps he uses can provide a substantial amount of power to the LEDs for a considerable amount of time.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is a totally cool concept and I'm really impressed by the whole theory and idea behind it. The guy knows his stuff.

And thank you for bringing it to our attention

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyAnonymous

No problem, it seems the only thing being discussed on ATS lately is guns, religion, and homosexuals. I thought this topic would be a breath of fresh air and something else to discuss rather than those stupid non-issues. I wasn't expecting this thread to actually get so many flags but I'm glad it has, proves ATS hasn't completely gone down the toilet.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I'm liking this immensely...
a flashlight that does not pollute . How cool ids that ?

new topics

top topics

join