It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodbye Infernal Revenue Service

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raphael_UO
Sales tax collection would be the responsibility of the states, which already have an infrastructure for sales tax collection and enforcement.

Oregon doesn't have an infrastructure for sales tax collection and enforcement. We don't have a sales tax-period. What would happen here in Oregon?

[edit on 2-12-2004 by I_AM_that_I_AM]

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The refund given back to the poor would have to be closely tied into the qualifying guidelines that would determine eligibility....which should also tie into the guidelines used to determine eligiblity for any other social program out there. In other words if a family of four recieves a refund of x amount well, then it stands to reason the the amount of sales would produce x amount of sales tax would be the standard to which all the basic needs could be met right? So, at least in this one way, it might work better.....since, well, we wouldn't have so many different guidelines to determine it you are eligible for so many different programs. Why can't we just tie in a guarenteed wage of that set amount forget the refunds and the social service programs, and well, all you need to do to get that guarenteed wage is to provide proof of employment, or disabliblity....motherhood of very young children being consider a disablility.....and amount of wages earned...and then well, you can get the amount of the deficit back instead of the refund check. Or heck, make legislation that would require the employers to pay it....like they should be doing anyways.

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I bet if the governement was audited we could get the NST down to say 12-15%. Government spending is our main problem. They are going to have to tax us into the ground just to keep going at the rate they are. We the people are paying for the massive inefficiency. Oh well, wishful thinking on my part.

<< 1  2   >>

join