It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hypocrisy of "Gay" "Athiests" or "alternative" lifestyles.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Jobeycool
The scripture does not just apply to christians.Guess what it appplies to atheist as well,even if you feel or believe it does not.

Annee shows the exact same behavoir I was saying.Nice generalizing all chrsitians Annee.People abuse people Annee of all walks of life.

What in the world is a real christian peter vlar?

Yes some christians display the same behavoir as atheist do,Atheism recently on the internet had become disgusting hypocrits of the worst kind Flammodraco.

I didn't see any equality in your slander of atheists. It was very clearly one sided.

Atheists are not a group think. They have ONE thing and ONE thing ONLY that ties them together: lack of belief in a god. How or what they think beyond that is individual to each.

However, Christianity is a group think (dogma). They bully as a collective group.

Thats because it is factualy happening..Not all atheist behave this way.I generalize at times.
I only tell and chat with athiest because I care and love them.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

I'm sorry I do not agree, firstly anyone not Christian is not governed by the scripture of the bible, that would be the same as saying everyone is governed by the Koran even if they are not Muslim. That would be an abhorrent statement for a Muslim to make in the same way your statement is abhorrent to non Christians. I believe in Deism for the reason that every organised religion thinks they are better than everyone else and for the amount of hatred some religious people seem to harbour.

I think that fundamental Christians are doing more harm to your religion than anyone else. For example look at Westboro Church, they are the same as Islamic fundamentalist in my opinion. I can completely understand why a lot if people are bashing the Christian faith in this present day, some Christians think they are above everyone else and are cherry picking parts of the bible that suits them.

We see it all the time on ATS when some Christian members spurt their opinions regarding certain subjects using the bible as their defence and yet they probably wear mixed fibres, eat shell fish and work on the sabbath. Cafeteria Christians is what is causing a lot if resentment towards your faith, it's ok to believe in the bible, but don't cherry pick the parts that best suit you and ignore the rest, either practice the teachings of the bible in its entirety or not at all, then perhaps people may have a little more respect for Christian Beliefs.

To add, my family and friends are Christian and are nothing like some supposedly Christian people here in ATS, thank be to god otherwise I would assume all Christians were nutters, however there are some great Christian members on ATS and it's a shame that they have to constantly defend their faith because of some narrow minded views held by some elements of their faith.

Want to stop Atheist bashing your faith? Then stand up to the fundamentalist of your faith and state not in your name, until then you will be tarnished with the same brush as the nutters at Westboro Church, the same thing is happening with Islam where Muslims are tarnished with the same brush as Al Qaida. Unfortunately, it seems that the most vocal people of your faith are the biggest bigots in our time. Thank god the Pope seems to have his head screwed on and can hopefully stem the flow heading away from your church otherwise you are doomed!
edit on 11.6.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The scripture does not just apply to christians.Guess what it appplies to atheist as well,even if you feel or believe it does not.

Annee shows the exact same behavoir I was saying.Nice generalizing all chrsitians Annee.People abuse people Annee of all walks of life.

What in the world is a real christian peter vlar?

Yes some christians display the same behavoir as atheist do,Atheism recently on the internet had become disgusting hypocrits of the worst kind Flammodraco.

I didn't see any equality in your slander of atheists. It was very clearly one sided.

Atheists are not a group think. They have ONE thing and ONE thing ONLY that ties them together: lack of belief in a god. How or what they think beyond that is individual to each.

However, Christianity is a group think (dogma). They bully as a collective group.

Thats because it is factualy happening..Not all atheist behave this way.I generalize at times.
I only tell and chat with athiest because I care and love them.

Care and love them
Why?

Christians are losing their power hold dominance in this country, maybe even the world.

Individuals, who are not Christian are speaking up. As they should.

I'm well aware of the Christian persecution complex. Maybe they should stay out of politics and keep their beliefs to themselves. I really, really wish they would.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You conservatives fail to get it time and time again. ABSOLUTELY NO-ONE in the U.S. is oppressing conservatives and Christians in the United States. Those with "progressive" or non-traditional beliefs or lifestyles, including regarding religion or sexuality, have been oppressed for centuries in the United States. Just look at how many self-professed atheists or gay people are actually elected to political office? Very very few.

Look at history and it is a history of conservatives and Christians trying to enforce those morals and beliefs through laws, actions, society, and so on.

The so called "gay" or liberal agenda is nothing but people reacting and pushing back, demanding that laws and society finally allow them equality, equal employment, and the full realization of American freedom.

Give it up.

originally posted by: txinfidel
I am tolerant of all creeds, colors, lifestyles etcetera. Now I know that a few people don't represent all people. But I can see a clear agenda here. And there are a few folks out there that truly stick out.

You can't be taken seriously if you are preaching equality, but also completely opposed to someone that has an opposing view point. To the point where you call them names. To the point where you start bashing God and Religion, Parenting and lifestyle choices.

Now my theory would have to think that clearly these people are angry about some aspect of society and perhaps that should be addressed. Maybe they are just acting rebellious. But what good does rebelliousness serve if you become vindictive and lash out against and hurt other innocent people?

How does that help your cause?

Everyone has beliefs and morals. They differ sometimes completely. But what good does it bring the world to act out like a child throwing a temper tantrum and throwing a blunt object at anybody that happens to come across your path?

I agree that people peddling religion on your doorstep or on the street are bad and annoying. But some of the stuff that the gay community and atheist community does is way worse and incredibly annoying.

Lets keep this civil.
Discuss.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
As A Christian we should tell unbelievers with respect and love and courage,that we love and care about them.I also care and love their choice and freedom.So I'm done arguing on and on about it.

Peace

Time to move on to another topic for me.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

As A Christian we should tell unbelievers with respect and love and courage,that we love and care about them.I also care and love their choice and freedom.So I'm done arguing on and on about it.

Peace

I would say Christians need to learn "Actions speak louder then words". You can keep your words and dogma. I don't want to hear it.

Love thy neighbor, be compassionate, feed the poor, do not judge -- get the picture?

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Love thy neighbor, be compassionate, feed the poor, do not judge -- get the picture?

I'll refer you to my post here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a Christian but I understand that it's a book of parables and moral stories, I kind of see them as the anthology of comic books from that time.
If you look at comic books now and using the character of my Avatar, he was created as a product of the time. He came about in the great depression to allow us to believe that there is a Superman out there that will fight for the oppressed and he gave us hope.
It's no surprise that whenever there is a national or worldwide crises that sales of comic books increase, look how many Comic Book Movies have been made since 9/11 and why they are the largest genre of movie currently?
Because people want to subconsciously believe that out there is someone who is going to save us in our hardest times.

The same goes for the bible it was a bit of history (Babylonian, the flood happened but not as it happened in the bible).
Paganism (all celebrations, xmas, easter etc.. are based on solstices) and then you have a superhero that saves us all from sin.
I often feel real quilt from some of the sins I have done but if I know I can be guilt free of these sins by accepting my personal saviour then I can sin all I want as long as I follow the path of the Saviour I will be saved, wow all that guilt where I've been a bad person is now gone.

I believe in Jesus as a spiritual deity and the prophet of love and compassion, just as I accept Buddha, Yahweh & Mohammed. They are all deities in their own right and those that follow them have different spiritual goals in this earthly realm but I believe all Christians should be full of love and compassion for all, no bigotry involved.

The passage in the bible that says God created us in his own image, IMO he was not referring to the earthly human being, they are clearly a product of evolution but that our souls are made in the image of our creator with total love and compassion. It is for us to balance out the sins of the flesh that corrupt us, fear, bigotry or anything that goes against love and compassion.

That's why I will pray for all the souls that have shown bigotry on this site because as soon as you accept hate into your heart you are going against the will of the soul which was born uncorrupted by the flesh.

I just wanted to show that there are Christians out there that don't preach hate or force their beliefs on others and do believe in those very things you dislike Christians for. If you have compassion then you should never judge another, those you judge for their sins maybe on a path of enlightenment that only by going down this sinful path can teach an important lesson in their spiritual journey.
We are at varying stages of our path and while some maybe only starting on their path, there are others that have been on many paths and have a much greater understanding of it.

I'll post a video of an enlightened soul that even though he died 20 years ago I still see his videos pop up at least once a week on all the forums I frequent. It's not just because he's funny but he knew what life was about and god took him from us so that his words would not be diluted. He was a comedian but in this short clip he pretty much explains the difference between love and evil. God rest his beautiful soul.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Unfortunately there seems to be very few Christians on this site with the same views of the bible as you. You are a true Christian and have probably a lot to teach the more fundamental right wing Christians on this site, but as I said before and have now seen said many times recently on this site, these right wing Christians who harp on about what the Old Testament says instead of what Jesus said should actually refer themselves as Hebrew rather than Christians.

Karma to you sir and thanks for your contribution to this thread, despite the OP being written by an ATS user who could not be bothered to respond to this debate other than loading the bullets and all for the sake to build up stars and flags, who IMO is an ass for creating such a thread in the first place on ATS as it has no place on a conspiracy site.

Note to MODS, when will these kind of threads bashing the LGBT be stopped on this site? These threads have no place in 2014.

edit on 12.6.2014 by flammadraco because: (no reason given)

edit on 12.6.2014 by flammadraco because: Spelling, very tired ;(

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

I'll refer you to my post here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am a Christian but I understand that it's a book of parables and moral stories, I kind of see them as the anthology of comic books from that time.

Gotcha! I was raised Christian. I'm not saying there aren't good people who are a Christian. Actually, I think most Christians are like you.

I've been following this type discussion for about 20 years. The bible is selected text from ancient transcribed scripts. (Can we say "telephone game"?). Most scripts were transcribed by novice monks. There was a lot of interpretation. Seriously, Monks, major God believer -- are going to interpret in a way that fits their belief. Lots of wiggle room for major distortion. To take the bible literally is just plain idiotic IMO.

IMO there is a lot in the bible about how to live your life, reflective of the social/cultural needs of the time 2000+ years ago. I think infant/child mortality and women dying in childbirth was a serious problem for the time. I think the more humans co-mingle, the more disease is spread. So, I think the need for purity in marriage/family etc was more of a health issue then anything else. I don't think it had anything to do with God.

I compare the Jesus story to Johnny Appleseed. While there was a real Johnny Appleseed (John Chapman), the myth and facts are quite different.

EDIT: I tend to seriously edit (cut out unnecessary) my posts. My reference to childbirth & infant mortality is about the need for procreation in ancient times. To apply it to today is just silly.
edit on 12-6-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate them.

I do think the vast majority of Christians are like me but you don't hear us because we don't force our beliefs on others and the ultra right are a lot more vocal.
Hence why I feel the need to show the hypocrisy of these Christians and to try to help them see the errors of their ways. I just don't think it can be done in a reasoned debate anymore because they are so steadfast in their beliefs that they may have already closed their hearts to their fellow LGBT brethren. I really need to pray harder for these people.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree with all of what you said apart from I do believe marriage is divine and the union of marriage is between the souls not their fleshly hosts. Hence why when I see love coming from a LGBT couple it warms my heart because they're souls have connected and why denying them marriage is cruel. It is one of the most compassionate things you can do is to give your soul completely to someone else during this earthly existence.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: mclarenmp4

I agree with all of what you said apart from I do believe marriage is divine and the union of marriage is between the souls not their fleshly hosts. Hence why when I see love coming from a LGBT couple it warms my heart because they're souls have connected and why denying them marriage is cruel. It is one of the most compassionate things you can do is to give your soul completely to someone else during this earthly existence.

Ok, I can go with that.

I'm now an atheist, but I believe our energy consciousness (soul) is our true self. Not the physical.

That was wonderfully stated, BTW.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
This thread wreaks of the christian victim complex.

I'll keep it short and simple.

You have laws that go against gays, all gays have against you are there opinion, which is worse?

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Eh, lucifer is a womans name.
just saying, you need to open your mind to the fact that satan is a different entity. Lucy, lucifer, is a hybrid daughter to samael (satan)a reply to: halfoldman

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
This thread wreaks of the christian victim complex.

I'll keep it short and simple.

You have laws that go against gays, all gays have against you are there opinion, which is worse?

True. People promote laws that make gays inferior to everyone else in society (no marriage for gays, gays were considered illegal and killed, and it was ok to fire a person from a job just for being gay).

Now that gay people are saying "enough of this abuse", people who support these laws are claiming that THEY are the ones being prosecuted when really they are trying to keep gays inferior to everyone else...

and some of these people have the audacity to claim that they believe in Justice, Equality, and Freedom.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: manna2
Thanks for pointing that out.
I'm well aware that their are different mythological views on "Lucifer", and there have been threads on the topic.

I think the post I was replying to however comes from a view that Lucifer and Satan are the same.
From my fundamentalist Christian days I recall that the two names referred to the same being, the one name used before the fall of Lucifer from heaven, and Satan being used afterwards.
Job uses the name "Satan", but I think when somebody writes that gay equality is the work of Lucifer against God, then they are referring to the same devil.
Your advice would have been more appropriate to that poster.

I don't take these things literally, and could open my mind to any interpretation.
Whether people who think that LGBT rights are Satanic, and inspired by a literal devil to undermine the work of a literal God would accept your interpretation is highly questionable, especially as they come from a long tradition of conflating Lucifer and Satan, and untangling all that wasn't my intent on this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Hi everbody.

I apologize for not responding to my own thread. I got busy and didn't have time for it. In fact I haven't read hardly any of this thread so I apologize.

Ill be back later.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

What exactly is an "alternative" lifestyle?

Serious question. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would say heavy drugs or abnormal behavioral lifestyles but thats open to interpretation I guess.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I think the premise of the thread is good but a little off.

Being Gay or transsexual isn't a lifestyle choice. You don't really choose to be that way.

However being a Christian is a choice and you can choose that or not.

So If I say it's okay to be Gay but not okay to be a Christian, that's the same as saying it's okay to be Irish but not okay to be Scientologist. That's the same sentence.

The 3 Abrahammic religions are full of hate and backwards thinking and it's okay to not like that. It's not okay to hate a gay person. That's like saying it's okay to hate a Vietnamese person.

You can chose to accept a religion of hate or not, but you can't chose your sexual orientation. Thoughts?

No I don't understand that at all. You are saying that people are born knowing all the answers already and that sexuality is inherited at birth.

Well if you know all the answers, please give them to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Reminds be of the fall of George Wallace.

The public has reached the tipping point of discrimination against LGBT.

The majority voice is being heard.

The LGBTQ umbrella? Lets break it down. I can tolerate gay and lesbians or bi's as long as they don't shove their gayness in my face. But as for T which also stands for transexual as well as transgendered, the transexual I can not stand and will not tolerate somebody who wants to mutilate their body to become the opposite sex and go in the opposite sex bathrooms and be totally creepy. NO I will not stand for that.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join