It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we starting to finally see the beginning of revolution against the government in the U.S.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The problem is that the US is full of clueless sheep who believe all the propaganda coming from the MSM talking heads.

The warning klaxons are still being drowned out by the incessant, ignorant bleating.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: EvillerBob

You are absolutely correct in saying that it is eventually one small incident that can precipitate a larger event...

...every other day where we are hearing these type of things, think about it on a larger scale how many incidents, news articles , you tube videos of police abuses and government overstepping their bounds have there been brought to light over the past year or past five years?

That's not quite what I said, but your point is taken. It's not the "one small incident", it's the build-up of circumstances that allow a specific incident to no longer be viewed as a criminal act and instead viewed as an "act of rebellion". That's a matter of public perception. While the public continue to perceive it as purely criminal, it will remain purely criminal. It all comes back to public support.

As for the regularity, I should bring up the point (which is itself becoming cliched but still rooted in truth) that access to information has exploded at an enormous rate. Nearly everyone has a video camera, videos can be uploaded to the internet within minutes or even seconds of the event. The fact that you hear about it more often does not mean that it is happening more often - however, it is very valid to say that increased awareness impacts on public perception, and there is perhaps a palpable shift in public perception over policing methods.

For the avoidance of doubt, I don't find anything noble or rebellious in the events referenced in the original story.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

Nor did I find any of what happened noble or rebellious, and one again you are correct that the access to mountains of informationis the main driver behind nefarious events and yet there are other events that will sway public opinion that way, the trick is to keep our own cool and calm heads and decide what is valid and what is not.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: GrantedBail

Well if your not going to read the entire thread because your above that then your not being a part of the larger discussion started by it making your point mute , and you a closed minded fool. Your like the other trolls who stay focused on one incident rather than the many incidents that I mentioned . People like you are the problem with this country . Look here I have some shiney keys dangling here to distract you from the larger issues.

Sigh... 'Well, if YOU'RE not going to read the entire thread because YOU'RE above that, then YOU'RE not being a part of the larger discussion started by it making your point MOOT... ' etc.

How are other adults supposed to take someone's point of view seriously when they obviously haven't paid attention since fourth grade?

And no, this isn't about me being a Grammar Nazi. This is about the ability to learn the basics, which if you can't rather precludes learning anything more subtle than that.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

It is about you being a grammer Nazi, because that's the only word in the entire thread that you can seem to complain about , you wouldn't have had to say,it's not about me being a grammer Nazi, if you didn't already know that you were just being a grammer Nazi
edit on Wed20146V201449130 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed20146V201450130 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed20146V201452130 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed20146V201453130 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed20146V201455130 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed20146V201456130 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join