It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we starting to finally see the beginning of revolution against the government in the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's hard to see this act as "revolutionary", more someone who went over the edge, is my guess.

Frankly, I'm both surprised and impressed that there hasn't been more such incidents!

The 'winner" gets the "right" to label the loser ie. "freedom fighter" vs criminal/terrorist.

Idle speculation suggests three potential spikes on probability of more acts or even widespread events.

First is right before the Mid-terms if some act by Obama curtails those elections such as a "false flag", Martial law, or some major restriction placed on the nation. This is more likely if Obama feels that a major defeat is looming in those mid-terms.

Second would be a Democrat majority in those mid-terms, legal or otherwise, that ensures 2 more years of similar agendas. The straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak.

Third would also be after the mid-terms in a scenario where the right win a clear or even veto-proof majority in both houses and Obama and Co. ignore congress.

All these in the next six months or so. Hunker down folks.....
edit on 9-6-2014 by nwtrucker because: grammar

edit on 9-6-2014 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Ok fair enough maybe it will take a little more abuses, andI live in crook county just outside Chicago city limits and criminal government is the norm here, it doesn't mean I approve of it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt

If this is part of your revolution, then you might want to rethink your strategy. Losing two to take out three (one of the three being some idiot who had more gun than sense or skill in a Walmart, of all places) isn't going to win the day. Especially if your plan is to wait until all cops are sitting down to dinner so's you can then rush in and make your move.

Those two posted stuff exactly like the trash you guys flame on with here. I'm surprised that any of you still believe in this nonsense.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

I doubt if this was "the shot heard round the world" but one thing is for sure, this is the type of blow back that the government fears the most, individually motivated lone wolf type attacks. Can't defend against them without putting down the whole population and that will cause worse problems.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Ok like I said don't focus on the one event look at the many events, I could make a whole new list of crazy events or crazy people but Ithink my second list of crazy events and crazy people explains my point however that is what I've been talking about is that the best way for use to make dramatic changes is to make it happen with the midterm and 2016 elections but I'm only one person with one vote , and I only get so far with my soapbox.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Alright sorry I got to step out for a while time for dinner, I'll be back.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

First is right before the Mid-terms if some act by Obama curtails those elections such as a "false flag", Martial law, or some major restriction placed on the nation. This is more likely if Obama feels that a major defeat is looming in those mid-terms.

The far right was saying this kind crap all through the Clinton administration and nothing ever happened.

WorldNetDaily spent the better part of two years quoting all kinds of supposed insiders on how Clinton was going to use the Y2K crisis to stage a coup.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I think a great deal depends on TPTB being able to stave off the financial collapse a bit longer. I've heard recent predictions of a July disaster barreling down on us. The day the debit cards cease to work will be the day the rioting will begin.
I remember the civil turmoil of the '60s all too well. We're nowhere near that level of disgust as far as I can tell. I don't see people out there putting bombs in government buildings ala the Weather Underground and various other leftists and nutjobs of the day. If you weren't around during those times, please take a little time to do some research and look at the results of those days of rioting. Detroit and Chicago never recovered from those attacks.
I have no desire to live through such times again. I've seen martial law in Nashville, TN. I didn't enjoy it at all. I was young and foolish in 1968 and I admired some of the leaders of the "radicals" who were calling Nixon a crook. But even at that young and foolish age, I knew that blowing up buildings and killing innocent people simply was not the way to accomplish peace and prosperity for all.
Now I'm old and foolish but I'm convinced that breaking things and killing people isn't the way to peace and prosperity for all.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Haha ok shot heard round the world was used for dramatic effect. The point was that the king of England feared that shot back then too, same as government fears that shot now.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I get your point. It's worth discussing, IMO.

If even half the events posted on facebook are true, what's going on is stunning.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I can't agree with your take on this. The Clinton era never went this far.

Many don't intermingle with the "other side" and don't have any idea the depth or strength of the convictions of the other.

Many live in states or cities that have virtually no connection with these views. Selective media coverage also lulls the left supporters into thinking that there are few and they are "extreme". The mid-terms may be the first real eye-opener for many.

I could be wrong on this, but if forced to bet, I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
No, I do not think so. If I had to analyze... in a non indebt way I would say.
People who have lost everything, and feel life is not worth living want to strike back.. cops are seen as the enforcers of official's demands, thus "hurt them as they have hurt me" because of their perceived policies thinking might be part of it.

Maybe some of the shooters have experienced harassment or seen to many reports of insane cop brutality and have decided enough is enough?

In several threads and articles it has been stated that by the good cops not stopping the bad cops from their evil deeds it cast a shadow of evil on the entire force. Kinda like you get what you sow.

On the other side of the coin the cops see or hear about one of their one being killed so they ramp up the "get control" of the situation big time..... all the while the government puts out, 'America is a hot bed of domestic terrorist' and everyone needs to be diligent and turn in their neighbors if ??

It is a vicious circle of hate and mistrust that needs to be broken.. unfortunately the country may be so far down this narrow road it will be difficult to make a "U-turn" and head back to better days without some serious leadership and policy changes from the ground up or the top down; whatever.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel P.S. That Clinton era led to the first Republican majority in congress in forty years. That went a long way to defusing the situation.

Hopefully, a similar result occurs this time......

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Those are the type of perceptions that I like debit cards being cut off failure to extend unemployment , people's social security being used for something other than social security, people's retirement accounts being confiscated to pay government debt.
edit on 9-6-2014 by DonVoigt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I say many of your statements are exaggerated. There are a few batty peeps out in every country. With social media widespread and cheap, any idiot with a cell phone can go photoshop something and post it on You Tube. I don't feel any of my rights have been taken away. I work for my county government. So many take services that cities, townships, and counties do for the people are totally taken for granted. I find on sites like this that many overreact and turn molehills into mountains of steaming poo. It's actually kind of amusing and entertaining.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Following the written law like Jesus would be enough, all by itself.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
You are not seeing a revolution

There is no revolution

There are other types happening as well, a revolution of the mind for many.

Some people have woken up to the fact but they would never use violence to achieve their means

One could argue that some movements such as occupy and the tea party rallies were non-violent means of attempting to inspire revolt but those were quickly killed by higher ups

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
a reply to: ArtemisE
Yes those things are true, but I don't care what any politically affiliated group is doing or not doing it is well documented that they are all corrupt. What I'm asking the members here is do you think the last straw has finally broken the camels back? Has the government and law enforcement finally gone to far too pull themselves back from having the citizenry of the U.S. to start taking them down, because the government and law enforcement know that the odds are so astronomically against them, how soon will they be running for their underground bunkers to hide from the judgement that they are due.

But there is like no possible incident that would happen that could enrage both sides.
Poor people are shot and killed daily in failed drug busts or no knock raids. According to the right were murdering millions of babies thru abortion. If niether side will revolt over the murdering of children..... Were never gonna.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NorEaster

Yea good job calling me crazy like the shooters in Vegas rather than choosing to join in intelligent discussion, re-read my posts nowhere did I say I approve of what they did or tell anyone to copy their behavior, as a matter of fact if youre-read my original post, I said I'm not advocating the killing of anyone, that I was just asking the ATS community what they think of the conglomeration of events going on in this country right now. I believe it has been said in many threads before when you don't have anything intelligent to say resort to verbal attacks. I suppose that your next attack on me for asking a question will be to say I'm one of the ists .

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Link to zerohedge report

erad Miller covered the dead officers with a Gadsden flag and put a manifesto with a swastika on one of the officers’ bodies.

However, potentially most interesting is Interior Secretary Sally Jewell noting that the two may have joined militiamen from around the country at Cliven Bundy’s ranch earlier this year.

Yes, we have, and it's going to get very dangerous very quickly as well as being 100% insane and wrong. It doesn't matter whether they were or not, the government will see it and think that they were with that militia and that anybody who flies or is a fan of the Gadsen flag is with them.

It has started, and it's not going to be very much longer before the quiet rounding up of political dissidents starts. Mark my words on that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join