It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive bananas and potato chips.... oh my!!!! Lets talk.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: wishes
a reply to: crankyoldman
Then why bother talking about anything at all ever again here or anywhere if not Fukushima ?
Why bother posting on ATS at all just to dissuade conversation about this, how is 'that' helping anything?
Is not about educating shills, is about humans communicating to/with/for humans.
I get the futility, but giving up altogether and not talking about it at all just ensures they win.

read more carefully and be less reactive. What I said was not to dissuade folks from talking but to point out the banana canard is just a lie that was not meant to be the truth in the first place. The banana notion came from the PR machine looking to justify the process of making weapons. To talk about it as if it were true only serves to confuse and serve their interest. There isn't anyone making that banana statement that believes it, they know it is a lie, so stop talking about their lies as they want you to do. The great work in the PR people is to get folks arguing, even fighting, about things that have nothing to do with the real issues.

Stop talking about ANYTHING generated from the PR firms as the reason they choose the lies in the first place was to control the conversation. I eat a banana and do not die but I eat the same amount of plutonium flea and I die, they know there is no connection but they love the idea what folks will spend time talking about it. I do not have to eat a banana but I have to breath the waste and drink the water with the waste, who cares about the damn banana?

All nuke power was created to get the populace to pay for the weapons of their demise. Talk about this. There is 1950's technology that can pinpoint where the cores are, the lie that they do not know where they are is just that, a lie. Talk about this. Talk about ANYTHING at all but their PR created talking points because this is what they want. They laugh at the idea that folks are bitterly arguing about the radiation in bananas, they laugh hysterically as folks shoot each other over this lie. Do not talk about any of the talking points on any topic at all. GMO's alter the ability for one to express their soul energy through the body too yet people fight over the golden rice canard concerning blind children in third world countries as the PR folks laugh.

My point is not to stop talking but to talk about anything other then what they want you to talk about, anything at all truthfully. They built these plants with NO, none, way to dispose of the waste and they clearly never intended to get rid of it. Talk about this. If I build a factory to plate car bumpers I have to prove I can dispose of the waste, if I build a Nuke plant I can dump the waste in the rivers using the mafia and it isn't a problem. Even after it became a problem they still built the plants, in fact they demanded they be built not matter what.Talk about this.

Talk about who "they" are. Talk about the hidden folks that do something that defies all logic and reason. Why did the build several plants on fault lines, in population centers and in tsunami zones? Talk about that. Stop talking about what they want you to talk about. Let the banana people win their argument and demand the explain the intricate way alteration in the DNA via radiation effects the Human Soul Expression. Talk about that.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: crankyoldman

Thanks for clarifying - is just when you open a post about it being a waste of time to talk about radiation in bananas... when the point of the thread is to educate about the ridiculousness of the comparison to radiation in bananas... it came across as throwing cold water on the discussion.

I'm too well aware (as you are) about the real crap going on behind the scenes. Possibilities are terra forming, population reduction, a hidden war with the scorch and burn philosophy, all of the above...

I agree the banana analogy is propaganda - and I believe 99.99% of the population lives in complete ignorance - I liken it to the"Blade" movie though not with vampires but definitely hidden worlds hiding in plain sight. :-)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I have a VERY restricted diet and one of the very few things I can eat without fear is a banana. So now I find out there's a radioactive component to them? ugh. I'll be watching this thread with great angst .... .

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I have a VERY restricted diet and one of the very few things I can eat without fear is a banana. So now I find out there's a radioactive component to them? ugh. I'll be watching this thread with great angst .... .

Nothing to fear...eat all the bananas you want,,,, one of the purposes of this thread is to show how ridiculous to compare potassium-40 in bananas to cesium-137.

the amount of potassium-40 is very very small in a banana.... there re only an average of lets say 500 milligrams of potassium in a banana.. written out it looks like this:

Bananas contain on average, about 500/1,000,000th of a gram of potassium..... the radioactive part is just .012% of that 500/1,000,000th of a gram of potassium.

eat all the bananas you want, they won't hurt you

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I'll eat an entire bunch of bananas in one day. Sometimes I'll do that several times per week. I fear no bananas!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

Wonderful site to know about, I thank your for it and a nicely presented thread. Thank you

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It takes about 2,000 bananas to equal a gram of potassium (based on an average of 500 milligrams of potassium per banana)....out of that gram, 120/1,000,000th would be potassium-40

120 x 8,333= approx 1,000,000.

so.... 8333 x 2000 = 16,666,000 bananas to equal 1 gram of potassium-40.... remember, we need 12,264,151 grams of potassium-40 to equal the bq output of 1 gram of cesium-137.

16,666,000 x 12,264,151= 204,394,340,566,000 bananas to equal the bq of 1 gram of cesium-137...

so divide all that by 1,000,000 and you come out with: 204,394,340

so there you have it..... if you consume approximately 204 million bananas every 16 days for 80 days.... you might match 1/1,000,000th of a gram of cesium-137.

1 billion+ bananas in 80 days would be about the same (bq number wise) as ingesting 1 milligram of cesium-137.

Holy Chaquita Batman,,,, that's a lot of nanners

if you take it down 2 more times, you come out with 500,000 bananas in 80 days would equal a one trillionth of a gram of cesium-137. 500,000 bananas in 80 days is easy peasy.... shoot, that is only a little over 4 bananas...every minute....of every hour,,, of every day for 80 days.

So a banana every 14.5 seconds or so for 80 days straight would net you the basic equivalent of one trillionth of a gram of cesium-137.

Anyone can see that it is simply insane to try and compare the two... and scientists who pop off about nuclear accidents aren't that bad because you consume radiation from everyday foods really have no clue what they are talking about. They are just repeating what big brother told them to say.

EDIT: my math may be flawed and I am sure it is in some respects, but the bottom line is you would have to consume more bananas than humanly possible to be able to relate the intake of bananas to cesium-137,, so the next time you hear someone use bananas or potato chips as an example to the radiation from a nuclear accident, now you know the real deal.

edit on R282014-06-10T20:28:04-05:00k286Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R312014-06-10T20:31:12-05:00k316Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R062014-06-10T21:06:25-05:00k066Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R082014-06-10T21:08:39-05:00k086Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R572014-06-10T21:57:21-05:00k576Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R012014-06-10T22:01:10-05:00k016Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R022014-06-10T22:02:06-05:00k026Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
But but but we haven't gotten to the good stuff yet....

You see my friends, the above calculations can be taken way further if you start to look into the finer details that so often get overlooked.

Once you have ingested those nanners to get to the point where you have an idea of how many bananas you need to eat...you are not done my friend.

you see, while cesium-137 is in your body.. it naturally decays....95% of the decay will be into barium-137m. Barium-137m has a half life of a whopping 153 seconds and emits gamma radiation. The decay of cesium-137 into barium-137m is the reason cesium-137 emits gamma radiation.

There is so much more than just trying to compare naturally occurring potassium-40 in foods to cesium-137 from nuclear fission if you start to dig a little deeper... but big brother can rest easy because 99.999% of sheople will take them at face value without bothering to try and do any of their own research.

and don't even get me started on Plutonium LOL
edit on R172014-06-10T22:17:03-05:00k176Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join