It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might not like ballet....but wait till you've seen this! OMG!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I couldn't find the relevant place to put this in the entertainment section....please move mods if you see fit.

My daughter sent me this....It's a section from Swan Lake performed by the Great Chinese State Circus. Please watch it to the end...it almost defies the laws of physics!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Wow .pretty amazing balance .Thanks op a reply to: angelchemuel

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

AWESOME

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Truly mindblowing! I wonder how she spun around on his head like that, without yanking on his hair. And I didn't notice the spotter show up.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Nice ass.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Great!!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Truly mindblowing! I wonder how she spun around on his head like that, without yanking on his hair. And I didn't notice the spotter show up.

He removes something of his head before taking his final bow!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've watched it, paused it and I still can't spot a harness. I think when all the signets are bunched up you can see the 'Prince' prepping something upstage and the spotter appears stage left.
As my daughter said "Bendy acrobatic c***ie ballet brilliance"

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Well spotted, I have never seen ballet like that before its so original and amazing. I look forward to seeing a lot more Chinese entertainment because our tv has limped from repeat to repeat that boredom is really setting in. New shows from China especially of that calibre would be great to watch.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Not a fan of ballet, but that was IMPRESSIVE!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

WOW!!!!! I've always loved ballet because my Grandma used to play for the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra & my younger sister started doing ballet at age 3. It's a beautiful art form!!!!!

This video is insane!!! The pirouette on the guys head!!!!!! The technical skills required just to be on point & keeping such wonderful form!!!!! I love how they incorporated circus elements into one of the greatest ballets ever!!!!! Bravo Chinese State Circus people!!!!!

Thank you so much for sharing!!
edit on 9-6-2014 by Margana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
oohh.....I hurt just watching that video. I probably won"t be able get out of bed tomorrow morning.

How can people bend that way?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
practice, practice, force :p I've seen children ballerinas doing the leg stretches on the bar in order to one day get their legs to lift as flawlessly as that woman did.

I can't imagine all the pain & blood gone into become a ballerina like her, I wonder if she is the Prima Ballerina of her dance company?

Anyone who says ballerinas aren't an athlete, has never seen one train & everything they must endure.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Impressive acrobatic work, although the context of ballet is just a background except for her ability to stand on the toes of one foot. Just have to practice the balancing act. And at the end bit they had a spotter, so she must have fallen many times in the past as they perfected this. I don't like ballet, but watched on the OP's advice, and give it a B+ for at least something I haven't seen before in exactly that format. s and f's for sure, and I'll balance on my toes as I give them.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Hi,
Thanks for your comments.

However, I can assure you, having trained in Ballet (and turned down the Royal Ballet) in my youth, this is no mere balancing act. The dancer, and yes I call her a dancer has quite obviously had classical ballet training. I can assure you it is one of the most demanding on ones physicality. In this lady's case, she obviously has 'contortionist' abilities too. The required level of strength to perform as she does is phenomenal.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

** mr.Crowley you speak like the a**hole your master was. B+ haha ! that lady Wu Zhongdan is a T'ai Chi superstar unsurpassable beauty we are so lucky to have witnessed, assisted by her husband Wei Baohuo such a wonderful creative performance is truly amazing to watch. Jane Rainbow uses the correct word "phenomenal", AAAAA+++++, and Aleister correctly identifies himself as an "ape" !!!! hahaha. well i have to jump in and defend Madam Zhongdan, it is intolerable to see such ignorance trying to demean her beauty. omg, now i suppose next post someone will say she is not as "beautiful" as Angelina Jolly ! crazy sad world, people "just" (aleisters favourite word) dont know what proper beauty is, and even elect monkeys to be prime ministers .... i hope Baohuo's friend the Emergency Catcher is always Close and hyper-Quick, to protect the limbs of that precious darling woman if ever some accident.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Thats awesome!

Holy crap!

They are like playdough...and air.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Wu Zhengdan, peoples Liberation army acrobat. read her bio on Baidu baike.baidu.com... Look at her picture, western eyes may see a scrawny teenager with big ears (sorry Wu !! ), but having witnessed her immaculate skills, now consider the mystery of human soul that can hide behind that facade of mortal bodies, and gaze again at her uninformative eyes, and wonder on the perfection of the mind inside her. do you not feel your own mind is somehow pulled into sync with her inner master ? is she not truly great, like Paganinis Voodoo child, Vanessa Mae, during Vivaldi's storm ? these last years so repulsed by religion and alien scum presenting themselves as unquestionable righteous entities, with great determination i have repelled all the gods /"god" of hypocrisy, and concentrated on the artistic beauties of humans worldwide, allowed us to view on the Mighty Google search and Earth machines. what a gift to humanity YouTube has been since those exciting days only 15 years ago when we used to struggle to connect with DarpaNet on a 14k modem, before GUI browsers had been heard of.
Wu Zhengdan, female, Han nationality, born January 1981, member of Political Department Guangzhou Military circus stage actor, People's Liberation Army, won the highest award of the National Acrobatic Competition "Golden Lion", and the 26th Monaco Monte-Carlo International Acrobatic Competition highest award. Ministry of Culture Tenth "Wenhua Performance", voted by audiences "my favorite Spring Gala Butterfly".

As an army acrobat, always she strived "to grace the flag with honor for the motherland" in the pursuit of her life. Enthusiasm for serving troops, more than 180 performances to rank and file. conquered the experts, conquered the audience, conquered the world, her name is simply 吴正丹, awarded the "Ten Outstanding Women of Yangcheng" title by the Guangzhou Municipal Women's Federation. 24-year-old 吴正丹 at the time went to Beijing, a reporter asked her what most concerned her, said the issue of social security,and hope people are able to live with happy well-being , and economic and social development can be harmonious. at 17 years old, 吴正丹 retired from Liaoning Sports Commission, and joined the famous warrior circus, began her new start in life. Training, training, retraining, she finally from obscurity became soaring ugly duckling into majestic swan. began rehearsing "Ballet on the head," boldly exploring Chinese acrobatic art development of modern style. Ten hours a day of training, back injury recurrence, toes masticate, terrible pain, but most Wuzheng Dan endured hundreds of times unbearable fall, hundreds of failures. but after months of suffering, sacred four arts "Oriental Swan" finally met with the world - pioneered the toe stand on shoulder, then head of Wei Baohua, complete with 360-degree swivel. "leg kick swallow" a series of difficult moves. Acrobatic circles shocked, amazed the world of dance, Chairman said, "I could not believe my eyes the human body danced ballet, with acrobatics developed so skillfully.

The famous director Zhao come to see her, the only employed in Europe, Royal Ballet of famous artists, nearly 1,000 "Swan Lake" performances came, the famous lighting designers, stage designers, costume designers came ...... Wu Zhengdan feel happy, with her 10-year partner Wei Baohua, her confidence grew to meet new challenges. she in "Swan Lake" music, ballet class training, perfecting her skills in renewed attempt .... unyielding strength, she repeatedly refined, repeated training, to the extent of obsession. unfortunately, long-term overload training, causing a back injury, bone, foot swelling. 2004, her achilles tendon dropped two small bones, the pain unbearable. Only four hours away from the show, she thought four months of hard work may be in vain, but never cried the tears of Wuzheng Dan. came experts in orthopedics treatment. The curtain rises and 10 minutes, and the Director once again came to see being treated Wuzheng Dan asked: "Danny, how about it?"
吴正丹 perverse replied: "As long as there is breath, I have no worry ! "With ice round her ankle, the closed curtain went up, the music sounded, Wu Zhengdan Qiangdajingshen endured the pain and tears to complete her performance. No one could see her pain. In the thunderous applause the curtain call, she miraculously succeeded. Doctors looking after 吴正丹 sighed and said "tonight we witnessed a heroine." The most memorable performances for soldiers. After fame, some presented her with villas, cars, and 2 million yuan (250,000$) to let 吴正丹 couple quit. Wuzheng Dan resisted temptation to do high reward private shows, but completed the arrangements for hundreds of national and military performances, and audiences around the world. Some people do not understand, 吴正丹 when she said said "can slowly earn less money, but the beauty of the soul must not be allowed a dull day."

"Never give up on the pursuit of artistic perfection. I particularly care about audience identification, and the judges comments". I am glad the soldiers came to this temple of art the circus, in this team with my comrades, with shoulders, with head, with sweat of my body. I thank them from the heart ! I was fortunate to come across lifetime friend Wei Baohua, from brothers to intimate partners, to never betray lovers. Every time training, I like a meat-grinder, masticate his shoulders, frayed his head, but he endured, quietly accompanying me to complete the training program. I will cherish our career and love-family. "I will continue to innovate, to serve the people. Wuzheng Dan shows us the most beautiful swan. "South China News" (abridged)

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ballerinas AND Asian women in one?.....I have seen heaven!

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister
Impressive acrobatic work, although the context of ballet is just a background except for her ability to stand on the toes of one foot. Just have to practice the balancing act. And at the end bit they had a spotter, so she must have fallen many times in the past as they perfected this. I don't like ballet, but watched on the OP's advice, and give it a B+ for at least something I haven't seen before in exactly that format. s and f's for sure, and I'll balance on my toes as I give them.

As already stated, it's not just a mere balancing act. She is wearing Point Shoes & that in itself takes training & skill. The pain, blood & sweat required to be as skilled as she is has my feet aching in sympathy. I've seen how badly banged up a Ballerinas feet get. It's very commendable to keep dancing through that kind of pain. Always on your feet & toes. Point shoes aren't comfortable.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join