It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"This is the start of a Revolution"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"This is a start of a revolution" Is what the shooter said after killing two cops.

This forum was created a year ago for the purpose:
"Now that 217 Members of Congress have decided that all US Citizens shall be treated as enemy combatants, it makes sense to launch this new forum to discuss several matters of importance.
They are:
1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA
2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world
3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions
ect"
S.O.

So, where do we accumalate the response, the now so called revolution
Should threads like these three below be placed in this forum as well?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
After shooting two cops, one of the the shooters tells a bystander, "This is the start of a revolution"

Justin Bourque shoots and kills 3 officers, wounds two others

Trooper Christopher C. Skinner, of Troop C in Delaware County, was killed instantly when he was hit by a passing vehicle while making a routine traffic stop on I-81
(granted this one isn't a cop shooting, but the result is the same, and the culprit claims he got caught in a "time warp")

I would think if some more time were spent looking at more than just threads active in the last week these kinds of stories are everywhere, but are they going to increase?

Is it really the start of a revolution?
I do not advocate in anyway violence towards police, but I am aware it is happening and would like to pay attention and be informed.

And, to my point, should these events be recorded in a central forum, such as this one, or just make their way through the breaking news forum and debated and left behind as we move on to the next event?

X

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcouncil=wisdom

All you need to do is look at Albuquerque. The citizens of ABQ are getting fed up with the treatment from the cops. The city is not that big, yet police shootings are very common. If they continue on the path they have been on, the people are going to do something about it, and it may embolden other cities to do the same. Once the pendulum swings far enough, it is going to get very messy. Let's hope something can be done diplomatically before that day comes.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think that they were just a couple of little off tilt people who got mad at everyone. A person starting a revolution against our government isn't going to shoot a person outside Walmart. Maybe that is why the girl shot the guy, he wasn't doing it right. Then she realized she allowed it to go astray and did herself in. Walmart a target of the revolution? Yeah right....you would think attacking a police station or court house would be the move they would make.

Maybe they were going to Walmart to get more bullets.

I suppose the show Revolution on TV could have steered a few people to do stuff like this.
edit on 9-6-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I would bet a forum section for that would be sooooooo heavily monitored that we would have to make a seperate thread for people getting visits by dhs and fbi officials over their posts. Not to say I wouldn't read what gets posted there lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Yes I think a dangerous topic indeed, but I think it is something we need to be aware of.

Rickymouse, usually I would agree, and for the most part, when an individual like the guy in Seattle goes on a murder spree ... I can agree with the just a couple off tilt people idea.

But when people begin targeting cops, and start doing it in groups...even small isolated groups, it will encourage others that have already been desiring to do the same, to take action themselves.
It could be in fact a fragmented revolution that is beginning.

At either rate, this doesn't seem like the exact fit forum for this thread, however, after checking out the social issues civil unrest forum...it deffinately does not fit in with the conversations going on there

This forum, that focuses on the violence of authorities, seems the best place to pay attention to the retaliation of that oppression

X

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcouncil=wisdom
But when people begin targeting cops, and start doing it in groups...even small isolated groups, it will encourage others that have already been desiring to do the same, to take action themselves.
It could be in fact a fragmented revolution that is beginning.

“When you drop a pebble into a pond, ripples spread out, changing all the water in the pool. The ripples hit the shore and rebound, bumping into one another, breaking each other apart. In some small way, the pond is never the same again.” - Neal Shusterman

Call me crazy but I honestly believe that people have been pushed nearly to their breaking point. I think we'll start to see these sort of incidents occur with some regularity.

And the tighter they clamp down the more the average citizen will become disillusioned, until they snap.

Then we'll see the dam break.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Wow, things have been heating up, thanks for the lead.
From just two months ago:
"rocks were thrown and at one point protesters trapped police in a vehicle and tried to break the windows, the Albuquerque Journal reported"

X

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The problem I have with this, and granted I haven't read everything, is that statement.
What revolution? What is your message? Have you been spreading the word about your desires for this revolution? Who is your target?

I can't take these people seriously, so I have to put them in the "off tilt" category, along with RM.

And to be honest, I'm still waiting for the "conspiracy theorist" label to be stuck on them in the media as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Revolution?

No, just people with serious mental issues.

If people want a change, then it is ALWAYS done the democratic way. Through the ballot box.
When citizens are unhappy with their government, get together, form a political party and get the support of the people.
Here in the U.K. citizens have been unhappy with the direction The E.U. has been taking. A new party was formed some years ago for those feeling disenfranchised. That party is called " The United Kingdom Independence Party" or U.K.I.P. for short.
Elections just two weeks ago , saw 24 U.K.I.P. candidates elected to The European Parliament. Not bad for a political party that was only founded 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Revolution......How many times since 2008 have we seen the so called start of the revolution? Truth be told revolutions start when the cost of food reaches a certain point of disposable income. The percentage is right around 40%. As it stands the US is under 10%.

Things will have to get much worse before real change comes. A huge amount of wealth is still in the hands of the slaves. They are slowly taking it out of the system using inflation of a fiat currency. Eventually lower wage earners will not be able to afford food and housing and that magical percentage will be reached. It might take few more years at this rate.
edit on 9-6-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All I know is the exception I have if # like this become popular. I expect to lose far more freedoms having 2 evils fighting each other. The government will continue in the oppressive direction it's been headed and the people who are just loose enough with reality will react. Things needs to be done about changing the course we are heading but killing people, especially cops will only inflame the situation. It's safe to consider that this will continue happening for a variety of reasons but 5 i's love to milk these for what they are worth.

It shall be noted for anyone to read here that doing something violent like this will only make liberty much harder to obtain and any considering these actions should bear(?) that responsibility.
edit on 9-6-2014 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

They will sleep inside the prison walls for safety and wear masks during the day.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I guess you forgot how we gained our sovereignty. Why don't you do a little google foo and check out some of the folks who lived through it…like Patrick Henry. I don't think they shared your sentiments. I am not saying to go out and shoot cops either but if you were trying to revolt against injustice then killing unjust cops might be a common sense target.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If this is what is called a revolution you need to look at how well these "revolutionaries" are doing. Most of them are dead and the rest are in jail. And who have been their targets? Random cops, to be sure, but also students, women, and random people shopping at Wal-Mart (probably not your 1%). So are citizens rallying to the cause?

Doesn't look like it. So is this the "start of a revolution"?

Nope.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

The point of this thread is not IF this is a successful revolution

Its the fact that there are individuals who are engaging the police in the name of revolution.

That cannot be denied.

But it should be talked about.

X

There does not yet seem to be a lot of info about Justin Bourque's reasons for shooting the 5 police up north, but the Couple in Vegas have a lot of facebook posts touting anti government violence
And are loosely linked or followed rather other peaceful revolutionary groups
And as they left a note pinned to one of the officers they shot, more details should come out as to what their motives really are, and if they are the same as many other people today willing to act out in the same way

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

That's because you think that injustice can only be remedied with violence. Why is it that every nutjob self-appointed "freedom fighter" thinks he represents the legitimate legacy of the founding fathers?

Could it be delusions of grandeur?
edit on 2014-6-9 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I suppose the show Revolution on TV could have steered a few people to do stuff like this.

Yeah, it was a TV show that done it. wouldn't have anything to do with the state of the country or anything. lol

I see these things happening more and more. I see snipers going after the elites. I think this stuff will become rampant. Maybe we are in the early stages of a civil war or revolution.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

How often are those that are unjust protected by the corrupt system that is also used to prosecute us. How many times does one try to fight back in the courts only to get no results…well other than more precedence against those who were put under the boot of jack booted thugs. The beat goes on and they play the same status quo games. They will win 99% of the time when we utilize their own system.

I do want to make clear that I don't support those nut jobs shooting up walmart…that's just stupid and we can all see how twisted they are. I just wanted to address the statement that liberty is not always won with words…if that were the case the revolutionary war wouldn't have occurred. I can understand someone fighting against something for good reason and targeting that reason with the best means available but to target innocents that have nothing to do with whatever your fight was against makes you a murderer (in this case it was revolution…who knows against what I don't think they said…could have been against ignorance which wally world is full of)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
The problem I have with this, and granted I haven't read everything, is that statement.

Then you have not been paying attention, I think everybody understands.

What revolution?
Them vs us, the same war the company has been waging against us.

What is your message?
We will not be pushed around anymore.

Have you been spreading the word about your desires for this revolution?
Several organizations and individuals have discussed this for the longest time, social media is allowing these folks to express opinions a lot easier than before.

Who is your target?
Anyone who would push We the People.

I can't take these people seriously, so I have to put them in the "off tilt" category, along with RM.
You should take them seriously, the police agencies took them so serious for the longest time that it has become a reality. "Officer Safety" they called it... (See self fulfilling prophecy)

And to be honest, I'm still waiting for the "conspiracy theorist" label to be stuck on them in the media as well.
Still not paying attention?

This idea is reaching "critical mass" after this point it will get much worse. The police really have a problem and need to stop poking at that dog in the corner, he is about to bite.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

I smell a false flag staged attack in all of this.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join