It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Marine Imprisoned in Mexico Challenges Obama on Hypocrisy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:42 AM
a reply to: kruphix

Being a US Soldier does not give you a pass to break laws in other countries,

It doesn't ?!?

Well, perhaps not according to the letter of the law...but come on...US soldiers break laws of other countries on a daily's just a different beast all together when you got the order to do it.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
not saying this guy in Mexican jail needs presidential interference, just want to ask a question as it relates to the "POW" Bergdahl guy.... Can he still be called a POW when he deserted his post, sought out the Taliban, claimed Jihad on the US and then taught the Taliban bomb making skills ? Opps, almost forgot, allegedly did those things. If all that is true, then he is NOW a prisoner of war and while in the sandbox he was an enemy combatant...just saying

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:12 AM
This former Marine is a liar. If he intentionally brought weapons into Mexico he is a criminal. And the more we learn of his intentions, it's hard to escape the suspicion that is exactly what he meant to do.

His story keeps changing. First, it was "I missed my exit, and accidently DROVE into Mexico, forgetting I had a firearm in my vehicle."

But then it turns out he WALKED into Mexico, and this was after "hanging out" at a hotel several times.

"I stayed in a hotel earlier in the day," Tahmooressi said Friday in an interview with CNN's "New Day."

"I parked my truck at a parking lot on the American side ... and I walk into Mexico with a backpack with extra clothes and hygiene supplies, passport, wallet. And I decide to go hang out in Mexico for some good Mexican food, inexpensive place to stay and to hang out."

Asked about Mexican media reports that he had crossed the border into Mexico several times before his March 31 arrest, Tahmooressi told CNN in a telephone interview from La Mesa penitentiary in Tijuana that he had previously traveled there four times "just to hang out."

He spent the earlier part of that day just "hanging out" in Mexico. Then walks back to retrieve his truck. Then somehow drives past the border, "get's confused" because there is no turnaround, drives past the large billboards stating no firearms in Mexico are allowed. Continues on to his Mexico destination that he staying at earlier that day.

According to Tahmooressi himself and his mother, this was one of several trips into Mexico, as he "was searching for permanent housing and often stayed in San Diego hotels." (yeah right...)

Sounds a lot like this guy was setting himself up as a petty arms smuggler, something Mexico absolutely does not treat lightly.

The reason I don't buy his BS story is that he had crossed this point in Mexico several times. He would have been familiar with it, and not "confused." The fact he was already staying in Mexico and spent the day "hanging out" in a Mexican hotel, before walking back to retrieve his truck and bring the guns over sure sounds a lot like he made a rendezvous and was checking the coast was clear before bringing in the firearms. If - IF - he was done "hanging out" for the day and was merely returning home, then there was never any need to drive into Mexico at that point.

CNN interview: U.S. Marine says he'd walked into Mexico before his arrest on gun charges

Comparing this guy to Bergdahl, an American POW held captive by the Taliban - as usual, only makes sense in the perverted world of right-wing media.

edit on 10-6-2014 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:20 AM

It's pretty hard to accidentally end up in Mexico. Especially with guns. There are big signs on the U.S. side telling travelers that guns are illegal in Mexico. There’s plenty of warning that the border is approaching. Is it plausible that Tahmooressi crossed by accident in the dark? Maybe. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, even though he admitted that he lied to Mexican officials about how many times he'd crossed the border.

(source - LATimes)

By his own admission, Tahmooressi acknowledged at the border he had registered weapons and that he had no intention of even entering Mexico. That should have allowed him to turn around, according to U.S. border officials, who told Fox News the entire ordeal could have been stopped with a little discretion and a phone call or two.

(source - Fox)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:21 AM
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Yes...the guy is obviously a criminal.

So joking aside...did he do anything while in Mexico besides carry firearm and ..."hang out" ??

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:27 AM
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The reason he is in a Mexican jail is for bringing several firearms into the country. Instead of waiting for his day in court, he and the RW media circus are demanding some sort of diplomatic rescue.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:42 AM
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

whatever the reason...surely it's not as bad as abandoning your post in wartime.

I guess this guy would have waited for his day in court, but seeing how your president decided to pull strings to get a alleged deseter out of trouble...I think I get his point about all this.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:59 AM
He did not want to go into Mexico with guns. He went the wrong way on the road and wanted to turn around. From what I heard, the border cops were going to let him, until the military intervened.

posted on Jun, 12 2014 @ 05:24 PM
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

The guy wasn't in Mexico under orders of the U.S military, whereas the guy who defected was on U.S military operations. Regardless if he defected or not it's a different situation. If he did defect then he should be court marshaled, but he was an active serviceman at the time and as you Americans always say "Never leave a man behind".

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:56 AM
a reply to: mclarenmp4

I'm sure you are aware that's just a saying from the Hollywood movies

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:41 PM

originally posted by: InvisibleOwl
The only thing "Obama" should do in this case is ensure the criminal is not being tortured or otherwise mistreated. Otherwise, he committed a crime, and he has to pay the price.

You also probably think that deserter was kidnapped too and deserve all this preferential treatment he has been getting...... Despite the overwhelming evidence he abandoned his post. He deserves no more than this Marine apparently rates, but this Administration isn't doing # about it. #ing hippocrit traitor, our president......

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 06:49 PM
Here is what defines hypocrisy about the situation:

Mexico can fly a military helicopter across the US border, fire at border patrol agents, and get away with it by way of an apology.

Yet an American crosses the Mexican border with a few rifles, doesn't fire at anyone, and is imprisoned.

Am I the only one who sees the problem here? Why isn't the US trying to bring charges against those Mexican pilots?
edit on 7/4/2014 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Jul, 4 2014 @ 07:12 PM

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
Is the US at war with Mexico? Is this Marine a POW? Didn't this Marine break the law by driving into Mexico with weapons in his vehicle?

Why doesn't Mexico adopt our "capture and release" program we have for its citizens that cross the border with arms and stash?
edit on 4-7-2014 by Logarock because: n

top topics

<< 1   >>