It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marine Imprisoned in Mexico Challenges Obama on Hypocrisy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This is great... the US Marine who was jailed by Mexico just released a statement bashing Obama for being a hypocrite.
Obama released terrorists to "rescue" a deserter... but is essentially ignoring this hero who was captured by Mexico.
Do you support the Marine's stand against Obama?

www.capitalisminstitute.org...

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
This is great... the US Marine who was jailed by Mexico just released a statement bashing Obama for being a hypocrite.
Obama released terrorists to "rescue" a deserter... but is essentially ignoring this hero who was captured by Mexico.
Do you support the Marine's stand against Obama?

www.capitalisminstitute.org...

This guy wasn't "captured" by Mexico.

This guy allegedly broke laws in Mexico and is suffering the consequences. He is not a POW, he was not on active duty.

Being a US Soldier does not give you a pass to break laws in other countries, sorry. If you are accused of breaking laws in other countries, you have to go through their judicial process...Mexico's just happens to suck.
edit on 9-6-2014 by kruphix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Lol delusional right wing nonsense. Not even CLOSE to the same situation. Lololol. You guys never cease to make me laugh.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Is the US at war with Mexico? Is this Marine a POW? Didn't this Marine break the law by driving into Mexico with weapons in his vehicle?

The two situations are absolutely nothing alike. This Marine should have his day in court...in a Mexican court.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Did he not know he had guns, or not know he was entering Mexico? Either way a pretty dumb move.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It really is confusing at that border crossing.

He parked and went over the border on foot.

When he was leaving short term parking he turned the wrong way.

It really can happen to anyone.

Why he tried to escape...That's another issue.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Did anyone bother to read the article? It's very poorly written as the title his nothing to do with the words this soldier said.

It's a short paper. I promise it won't take too much out of your day.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Trying to compare what happens in warzone with a POW be he a deserter or not can be compared to a guy off duty breaking the laws of another country and getting caught. If that was the case why not release every member of the military that is currently serving time in the US as well?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Given the number of illegal Mexicans here committing crimes with little consequence, I think the state department should bring him home. Tell Mexico they have no choice in the matter.
edit on 6/9/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Right wing does it again.

Its like they can fuse Apple and Oranges.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
Right wing does it again.

Its like they can fuse Apple and Oranges.

The "Right Wing" has been watching the Master for six years.

They are learning...But, nowhere near as polished.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think a better example would be the doctor that helped capture Bin Laden.

He's still rotting in a jail in Pakistan.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The man is a Marine, not a soldier. There is a difference.

I'm not familiar with his case, however it bothers me to know this man is in prison and those who are responsible for Fast and Furious will never face justice.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I wonder if this guy was working on the fast and furious program and that is why he is calling him a hypocrite and is keeping his oath on silence of the program?
Just food for thought.
But if he was just stupid enough to take a wrong turn then evade mexican police on his own will then he's only got himself to blame.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
The man is a Marine, not a soldier. There is a difference.

I'm not familiar with his case, however it bothers me to know this man is in prison and those who are responsible for Fast and Furious will never face justice.

Exactly, our government sent countless amounts of guns over that border and NOTHING was done about it. So whatever the case with this Marine our government should try to do something to help get him back home. People say, here broke the law and should have to pay for it, we'll our current administration has broken that same law more times than you can even imagine.
People say he knew what he was doing and should have to deal with it, we'll the soldier that got traded for 5 known terrorist knew what he was doing too and I don't think he should have been considered a POW because he went out looking for the Taliban ,so how was he captured if he was looking for them? Seems to me that he got what he wanted and should have stayed over there.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix
Agreed!
Man is a criminal not a POW.
Pay for your crime and come home.
I do not visit other countries simply for this reason, I know my rights.
There are some states I won't visit either because of their laws.
Never give the bad guy a reason to kidnap and rob you.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Given the number of illegal Mexicans here committing crimes with little consequence, I think the state department should bring him home. Tell Mexico they have no choice in the matter.

Hey Mexico it is your fault we offer better paying jobs and encourage your people to come to the US and keep our food prices down so lets just forget you have laws and send that guy back who broke them. I know it does not make any sense but we are stupid americans remember, we just want to live up to that.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I think a better example would be the doctor that helped capture Bin Laden.

How is that even comparable?

First of all you are presenting this make-believe capture of Bin Laden as fact.

Second of all it has nothing to do with the OP incident...
(if you can elaborate on how it's comparable I will gladly apologize)
(I'll even pretend that the alleged capture of Bin Laden happened to humor you)

Nice to see you forward the mainstream agenda at the drop of a hat

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The only thing "Obama" should do in this case is ensure the criminal is not being tortured or otherwise mistreated. Otherwise, he committed a crime, and he has to pay the price.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Let's not forget here, folks.
It was an accident. Some people here seem to think that this guy was TRYING to be an international weapons smuggler.
That is not the case. Some others seem to be playing the partisan card. That is just plain stupid.
There is a petition with a LOT of signatures and for the (so called) commander in chief to do nothing is disgusting.
This is not a political conversation, this is a matter of right and wrong.
Leave your feelings about soldiers and your political ideals at the door.
One phone call gets this guy out of jail. Get off the golf course and make the phone call 'Bama.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join