It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law that Obama broke

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
WHAT A SHAM!

But hell tell 90 in his 'YES MEN' administration ! ! !

WND is not a rational source of information and the 90 "yes men" would include the Military, Intelligence and Spec Ops pipeline responsible for making it happen?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The people who carry the administrations water crack me up.

Like defending the indefensible like when Obama broke the law for his personal political gain

Trading 5 terrorists for 1 deserter WHO KNEW where he was, and what he was all about for the last 5 YEARS.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Trading 5 terrorists for 1 deserter WHO KNEW where he was, and what he was all about for the last 5 YEARS.

Said the man whose likely closest brush with real world combat involves playing Call of Duty in his parents basement?

You don't know Bergdahl's story, all we know for certain is all I need to know..we sent him there...and it was our responsibility to bring him home. All of the speculation beyond that is classless IMO.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

WHAT A SHAM!

You crack me up
Yes, of course Congress can be trusted not to leak it! They wouldn't play politics with an American Soldiers life on the line? Would they?

Tell me again...how was his life on the line. He was happy where he was. He cried tears at the trade off. He's still refused to talk to his parents.

Des

edit on 10-6-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Said the man whose likely closest brush with real world combat involves playing Call of Duty in his parents basement?

When all else FAILS enter the personal attacks.

You don't know Bergdahl's story, all we know for certain is all I need to know..we sent him there...and it was our responsibility to bring him home. All of the speculation beyond that is classless IMO.

Yeah we do.

He walked off base, AWOL. It was HIS responsibility to fulfill his OATH.

NO speculation there WHATSOEVER.
edit on 10-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Head chopped off? Okay, where is that coming from? I've read a great deal on this case both media and what hasn't been in media (but anyone else can find too) and I haven't seen any direct indication of imminent threat to his life. It's a wonderful thing to say AFTER the time issue has become a major matter of contention but the time issue is really a technical one for this entire notification question.

They may have him dead to rights on that, and good if they do. He won't be the first President to get their wings clipped *HARD* after going just one step beyond tolerable. He'll be in good company if this was that step beyond, in fact.

I'm still very much concerned about what 5 of the most dangerous men we had in Gitmo are planning to do, while my countrymen and those of a good number of other nations are still very much in the jackpot and line of fire. If Obama thinks this buys us safe passage out? Ask the former Soviets how THAT worked out for them, dealing with the predecessors of who we're dealing with now.

The final weakness shown got what weakness DOES in that part of the world. Something damn close to a fighting withdrawal right to the end, amid the nation falling into civil war it never really has emerged from. I don't imagine we'll be any exception to that rule either. We haven't for anything else thus far.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

Head chopped off?

See that's the thing.

Terrorists don't wait 5 YEARS to cut off the 'infidels' head.

They don't waste anytime on that.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Obama's already throwing Hagel under the bus. So predictable, this administration..

Now, amid animosity about this decision that was made without following the ‘law of the land’ to inform Congress 30 days before the release of any Guantanamo detainees and the questions surrounding Bergdahl’s desertion along with the belief by some top military officials that he was collaborating with the Taliban, the ‘we’ has turned to ‘he’. Barack Obama, who shallowly claims at times that the buck stops with him, is now pinning the decision on Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel.

According to a report by The Daily Mail, Obama administration officials told Congress on Monday that the final approval for the exchange of Bergdahl for five Taliban members, dubbed “Taliban Dream Team” was made by Secretary Hagel. If the illegal negotiation was actually finalized through a decision by Hagel, would that not negate the argument that Obama, as ‘commander-in-chief’ had the authority to execute the trade?

www.tpnn.com...

edit on 10-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Obama's already throwing Hagel under the bus.

When you people finally realize that the bus doesn't even exist.

YOU ARE ALL BEING PLAYED BICKERING ABOUT CONTROLLED OPPOSITION!

I don't know how to make it clearer.

You people are complaining about 5 terrorists meanwhile about 99.9 percent of your federal government are just as corrupt and the dirt only gets darker the higher you go. Those who say it's lonely at the top are lying as they are laughing at us.

Your government is a terrorist, you are mad about 5...what about the thousands you are funding in Syria and Lybia, and the others you are killing in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen...is that enough blood or shall I name every terrorist operation your government has been a part of over the last 80 years, i can go back further even.

Why isn't anyone bitching about the laws Bush broke that put Obama in this situation - the next puppet - he was est up and went with it. He is scum for allowing children to get droned in his name, but it's not him making it happen.

Get off your high horse and realize the world is messed up and you are a lot of the blame. Arguing about these baffoons and which choice they allegedly made is pure madness...you are like the idiots in Orwell's 1984... let me get you some beer, football and some #ing gambling!

LOL I could go on for ever but I should stop now.

MOds please allow this to stay?

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

Why isn't anyone bitching about the laws Bush broke that put Obama in this situation

Because Bush isn't the GD topic.

Obama is.

So how about stop political trolling there eh?

Get off your high horse and realize the world is messed up and you are a lot of the blame. Arguing about these baffoons and which choice they allegedly made is pure madness...you are like the idiots in Orwell's 1984... let me get you some beer, football and some #ing gambling!

Absolutely true someone does need to get off their 'high horse'.

I could go on.............

But still has exactly NOTHING to do with topic discussion here which is Obama broke the law trading terrorists for a deserter.

Something ole GW never did.
edit on 10-6-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: kruphix

You have to remember that this is a Republican ranting site. Doesn't matter that you pointed out the law is specific for the Sec. of Def. Since HE is a Republican he's an innocent victim. By the logic of this thread, apparently only people's bosses should be accountable for laws that are broken, well, if their bosses are Democrats.

That is a presumptuous and incorrect statement. If Chuck Hagel broke the law, he needs to be charged right alongside his boss.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
Is this the same law that Bush broke, over 500 times, when he released Gitmo prisoners? Oh no, I forgot, history didn't start until Obama took office. It's so lucky that none of you Obama bashers have any kind of long term memory. Otherwise you'd all realize how ridiculous you sound bashing Obama for the same things Bush & Co did on a much wider scale. Oh well, I guess we're all lucky your non-sensical ramblings go no where anyway. Rave on!

Please get your facts straight as it may help your argument. Bush released detainees with Congressional oversight. What that means is ... Bush was following the law.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
To the three of you who have replied since my last post, nothing intelligent to say?

I'm not Einstein but at least I made sense and presented a few valid points, you guys are like my ex-gf's mom's family - difficult and stubborn.

Come on before you question me at least present what I posted correctly, I will not respond to false portrayals and loaded deflections.

Guys, admit it, you are plagued by some serious stuff...I wish you all the best

How is pointing out that Obama broke the law, wrong?

Why are so many upset (see entire thread) over the fact that a law was broken by a president?

Sure, Bush broke laws. Write a fracking thread about it then!

This thread is about Obama. Obama broke the law. Now he is throwing Hagel under the bus to protect his sorry ass.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Oh...I wasn't aware that the Military has finished it's investigation? Please send me the link where that report was issued. Until then you are talking crap about a returning prisoner of war....Classy..

It won't be hard for our Military to complete it's investigation of this deserter.
There are plenty of witnesses.

According to firsthand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera and a diary.

E-mails reported by the late Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone in 2012 reveal what Bergdahl's fellow infantrymen learned within days of his disappearance: He told people that he no longer supported the U.S. effort in Afghanistan.
"The future is too good to waste on lies," he wrote to his parents. "And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."
Bergdahl wrote to them, "I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting."

Spc. Cody Full, a former member of Bergdahl's squad, tweeted this weekend that before he disappeared, Bergdahl once told him, "If deployment is lame, I'm going to get lost in the Mountains and make my way to China."

Sounds like a Deserter to me.

Former Pfc. Jose Baggett, 27, of Chicago, was also in Blackfoot Company and said he was close to two men "killed because of his (Bergdahl's) actions."
"He walked off," Baggett told CNN. "He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he's a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is, he was there to protect us, and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don't know why he decided to do that, but we spent so much of our resources, and some of those resources were soldiers' lives."

You can read the full article at,,, No Not Fox News But Your Favorite The CNN!!!
OMG
It's Not FOX, How are you going to argue that it's not just All Lie's and Right Wing Hate!!!!!!!

CNN Clinton News Network
edit on 10-6-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed
When you people finally realize that the bus doesn't even exist.

YOU ARE ALL BEING PLAYED BICKERING ABOUT CONTROLLED OPPOSITION!

I don't know how to make it clearer.

You people are complaining about 5 terrorists meanwhile about 99.9 percent of your federal government are just as corrupt and the dirt only gets darker the higher you go. Those who say it's lonely at the top are lying as they are laughing at us.

Your government is a terrorist, you are mad about 5...what about the thousands you are funding in Syria and Lybia, and the others you are killing in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen...is that enough blood or shall I name every terrorist operation your government has been a part of over the last 80 years, i can go back further even.

Why isn't anyone bitching about the laws Bush broke that put Obama in this situation - the next puppet - he was est up and went with it. He is scum for allowing children to get droned in his name, but it's not him making it happen.

LOL I could go on for ever but I should stop now.

MOds please allow this to stay

I consider myself a person that agrees with the larger point that you are making. But I completely fail to see why you are using that point as a tool against people who are Exposing Corruption. Even if they did completely love one side of the government and hate the other, even if they did defend one form of corruption and expose another, someone somewhere gains another piece to the puzzle to see the larger picture. I spend a lot of time around the internet arguing against all forms of corruption, including the specific examples that you mentioned. But all that is wrong needs to be exposed, all of it.
I'm glad you take it upon yourself to do that, continue to do so whenever you can. The people on this thread are doing that same thing, there are plently of threads for all to join in and go after the things you are speaking of. And I look forward to reading more of those. Let this one stand for what it stands for, and allow it to be it's own puzzle piece.
edit on 10-6-2014 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

I get what you're saying (see my sig), so relax. All I ask is don't refer to me as "you people", it's a pet peeve of mine, and it's really annoying. Thanks!!

PS - "Corruption Exposed", you out of anyone should not gripe when corruption is pointed out, which is what this thread has done. Yep it exists in many areas, and this is one of those areas.
edit on 10-6-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join