It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The law that Obama broke

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That is something I will have to see to believe. This site is too entrenched with the right. Even if it does come to pass, I will still sit on the sidelines and comment on what I view as hypocrisy, from both sides. I felt the same with Bush. He was an idiot and a horrible President in my opinion, but he took a lot of flak for every little thing he did which I thought was pointless, but since I found this site, most of what is spewed about Obama borders on the ridiculous.

So no offense, but I will take those words with a grain of salt and wait and see.

(we can still star each others post for the heck of it)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

I've only been a member since Obama has been in office.

My past reflect a myriad of bannings from many conservative websites when I railed against Bush and TARP and the bank bail outs.

I've actually got a lifetime ban from Hannity's website.

I want honesty, integrity, ethics, morality, dignity from my public servants.

Because that's what they are.

Hired help.
Servants.

Nothing more.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: Kali74

Passive? Hardly. Laws need to change, maybe even clarify the Constitution on this one.

So you want to CHANGE the Constitution in order to satisfy your progressive agenda?

What good is it to shout, incorrectly, that a law has been broken. Wouldn't it be better to shout 'hey this shouldn't be legal' ?

The law was broken. Get over it.

A constitutional lawyer (Obama) signed this law into place.

Guess your king isn't as smart as he thinks he is.

I'm not a progressive. You know this. I do however think it's disgusting that you use it like a dirty word that describes everything you think is wrong. I don't even like Obama, you know this is as well. There are several other issues that the label unconstitutional can be used to describe things he's done... this isn't one of them.

Don't mistake being able to say a person you don't like, didn't do something others are stating as wrong, as being supportive. Reality doesn't change just because a person we don't like, did something you don't like.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

And when Obama said those things, as pretty as they were to hear... they weren't true.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I'm so damned livid about this whole thing

you people who support this make me sick! All of you who support this make me sick!

edit on 10-6-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You're making the same wrong assumption Beezer did. I do NOT support Obama. Last election, I voted for Gary Johnson. I do not like Obama. I think a lot of things he has done are wrong with some even being unconstitutional. This isn't one of them, for the reasons I've stated repeatedly. Those reasons don't just apply to Obama but all Commanders in Chief.
edit on 6/10/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
I think a lot of things he has done are wrong with some even being unconstitutional. This isn't one of them, for the reasons I've stated repeatedly.

I have the opposite opinion as yours ... but you and I both know that, either way, no POTUS is ever going to get kicked out of office for doing things that are unconstitutional. Be it a Republican or a Democrat, they have layers and layers of people to make sure that doesn't happen. And they put out a lot of fog to make sure no one sees clearly and to make sure they don't get nailed.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Very true.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

“A person may cause evil to others not only by his actions but by his inaction, and in either case he is justly accountable to them for the injury.”
― John Stuart Mill

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
What sucks is the stranglehold that the two parties have on the system that prevents any Gary Johnsons from ever having a chance of winning. That stranglehold reaches right down to the smallest local election. We need a whole lot of Gary Johnsons in office.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Is it so hard to understand ?
This particular law regarding thirty days is for the secy of state. Obama doesn't have to give anybody thirty days notice and the secy of state has first to listen to the president and follow his orders. So yes Obama is responsible for issuing the order which the secy of defense must obey. The law regarding the thirty days becomes moot as the secy of defense was following orders. This is not a defense of Obama's actions. It's clarification of the law the OP is citing.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
This site is too entrenched with the right.

This is not a 'right wing' site. This site runs anti-establishment. Whether it's Republican Bush43 or Democrat Obama .... they get taken to task equally. Whoever is in the White House next ... be it Hillary or Jeb or Christy or someone else ... they'll get nailed too. And it won't make ATS left wing or right wing .. it'll just make it observant and anti criminal establishment.

edit on 6/10/2014 by FlyersFan because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There is nothing on these forums more amusing than people blindly defending the Anti-American.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: eriktheawful

Is it so hard to understand ?
This particular law regarding thirty days is for the secy of state. Obama doesn't have to give anybody thirty days notice and the secy of state has first to listen to the president and follow his orders. So yes Obama is responsible for issuing the order which the secy of defense must obey. The law regarding the thirty days becomes moot as the secy of defense was following orders. This is not a defense of Obama's actions. It's clarification of the law the OP is citing.

Is this hard to understand?

"Lawful Order vs. Unlawful Order"

Look up the terms.

Even the most boot recruit in the military learns quite quickly what the difference is between the two.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Is this the same law that Bush broke, over 500 times, when he released Gitmo prisoners? Oh no, I forgot, history didn't start until Obama took office. It's so lucky that none of you Obama bashers have any kind of long term memory. Otherwise you'd all realize how ridiculous you sound bashing Obama for the same things Bush & Co did on a much wider scale. Oh well, I guess we're all lucky your non-sensical ramblings go no where anyway. Rave on!

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Why don't you just tell us what those terms mean and apply them to this situation.
Obama is not only president but commander in chief . reply to: eriktheawful

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
Is this the same law that Bush broke, over 500 times, when he released Gitmo prisoners? Oh no, I forgot, history didn't start until Obama took office. It's so lucky that none of you Obama bashers have any kind of long term memory. Otherwise you'd all realize how ridiculous you sound bashing Obama for the same things Bush & Co did on a much wider scale. Oh well, I guess we're all lucky your non-sensical ramblings go no where anyway. Rave on!

Love it when people are so ignorant.

Go back....READ the OP. Specifically the fact that we are talking about a law that did not exist when W. Bush was president.

Come back, and re-read what you wrote.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Why don't you just tell us what those terms mean and apply them to this situation.
Obama is not only president but commander in chief . reply to: eriktheawful

Quite simple: if you execute a unlawful order, not only can you be held accountable for it, but those that gave you said unlawful order can also be held to task for issuing the unlawful order.

If the president orders the secretary of defense to do something that is unlawful, and the secretary does it, BOTH can be held accountable.

For example: Let's say the president orders the execution of a US citizen, with no trial or due process, and that order is carried out........

Oh wait........

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Not sure how dependable this is, but if true then the premise, and title of your thread are wrong.

Now the White House says Hagel made final call on Bergdahl as criticism of Obama over prisoner swap mounts

Final approval for the prisoner exchange that freed Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was made by Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, members of Congress learned on Monday from administration officials.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Perhaps a new thread is in order?

Or will you still continue to blindly blame Obama no matter how much evidence proves you wrong?

ETA:

Here is the thread already discussing Hagel's decision...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6/10/2014 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed

So...you are saying Hagel has gone rogue???

Yes, that makes total sense. Hagel went rogue, poor Obama could only celebrate in the rose garden with Bergdahl's parents...to save face.

I guess Hagel has his very own magic pen that bypasses Congress, and now even the President!

How silly to try to hoist this boondoggle on to Hagel's shoulders...alone.

IF Hagel is running our Country now...we need to ask Obama to step down, and let the string puller, call all the shots.

Des

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join