It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House reportedly let Bergdahl parents take part in secure video conferences....WTF??????

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: moresco

Valid point. I cede my argument to this fact.

It's also important to understand that negotiating with terrorists is certainly not new. However, most negotiations are kept secret in order to ensure terrorist organizations are not legitimized (e.g. Iran Contra) The current administration is quite proud of the fact that this negotiation is open and facilitated by our Arab ally, Qatar.

A precedent has been set. Today, a questionably loyal American is worth 5 Taliban. Tomorrow, a couple of Americans are worth the official recognition of the Taliban as a legitimate ideological organization and who knows what else. And don't even get me started with the Taliban allies, Taliban wanna-be, and other growing terrorist organizations. Openly legitimizing terrorists is not how the US should move forward.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

a reply to: moresco

Valid point. I cede my argument to this fact.

It's also important to understand that negotiating with terrorists is certainly not new. However, most negotiations are kept secret in order to ensure terrorist organizations are not legitimized (e.g. Iran Contra) The current administration is quite proud of the fact that this negotiation is open and facilitated by our Arab ally, Qatar.

A precedent has been set. Today, a questionably loyal American is worth 5 Taliban. Tomorrow, a couple of Americans are worth the official recognition of the Taliban as a legitimate ideological organization and who knows what else. And don't even get me started with the Taliban allies, Taliban wanna-be, and other growing terrorist organizations. Openly legitimizing terrorists is not how the US should move forward.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

He's a self professed deserter ... not a POW.

I Agree With You 100%. Here's a little history from some of the people that was there.

According to firsthand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera and a diary.

At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for him, according to soldiers involved in the operations to find him. The Pentagon was not able to provide details on specific operations in which any soldiers killed during that time were involved.

E-mails reported by the late Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone in 2012 reveal what Bergdahl's fellow infantrymen learned within days of his disappearance: He told people that he no longer supported the U.S. effort in Afghanistan.
"The future is too good to waste on lies," he wrote to his parents. "And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."
Bergdahl wrote to them, "I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting."
CNN has not independently verified the authenticity of the e-mails.
Spc. Cody Full, a former member of Bergdahl's squad, tweeted this weekend that before he disappeared, Bergdahl once told him, "If deployment is lame, I'm going to get lost in the Mountains and make my way to China."

CNN
Of-course there's more to read and it all tells you the man had been planning on Deserting
a reply to: FlyersFan

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I call for impeachment. "Period. Full stop. We don't condition that." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

People need to give 'impeachment' up.

It doesn't mean what it use to.

See Bill Clinton.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I hear what you're saying. The term impeachment is a nebulous term that will likely never occur doe to the fact that any lawyer can wrangle his way out of it because the framework is not clear.

But it sure is fun to consider!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I call for impeachment. "Period. Full stop. We don't condition that." - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

People need to give 'impeachment' up.

It doesn't mean what it use to.

See Bill Clinton.

True, but what about a Vote of No Confidence or even better, a Recall Election!

The only thing worse than no response from America is a floundering response, so Congress should stop it while they can. We don’t need to go through the half-hearted lobbying effort in Congress, which will just underscore the incompetence and incapabilities of this administration. Republicans should vote to end this disaster now. A vote of no confidence is in order.

THPost

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This whole Bergdahl thing has left me totally confused.

obama is leader of what nation, again?

I fear this may one day make the World Trade Center disaster look like a very minor incident in comparison. I sure hope I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But. . . .

Didn't Obama say that they couldn't inform, consult congress because they had to move quickly because the guy was sick?

Looks like this has been in the works for a while.

Obama must have thought he was supposed to insult Congress, because that is what he did.
He must have misread the law.

insult congress??.....he would need another 4 years just to get even in that department....besides with congress getting single digit favorable ratings, more than 90% are joining in the act of insulting congress

I didn't say that insulting Congress is a bad thing.
I just made the observation that he did insult them by sharing info with the Bergdahl parents when it was 'too sensitive' to share with Congress.... when he was obligated by law to share it with Congress.

I've come to understand that not everyone enjoys words games as much as I. Perhaps if you had put the word consult with strike-through and then "insult", your intent might have been more generally apparent. I got it...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I fear this may one day make the World Trade Center disaster look like a very minor incident in comparison. I sure hope I'm wrong.

I honestly think his goal of a world to lead is, one where we fall on our knees 5 times a day to pray. At least that appears to me, the direction he is heading, and using his power to get there...

Des

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Is there any reason obama can't exchange hundreds of undocumented aliens just hanging out in a bus station for one Marine; Sgt. Andrew Tahmooressi?
It would save millions of dollars from being spent to feed, cloth and medically treat non-citizens, and he could instead channel those funds to take care of the hungry, homeless, medically indigent children who ARE citizens.
Putting the welfare of the entire world- including, and especially our enemies, doesn't seem healthy, responsible or logical.

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Secure video conferences with government officials. Nothing indicates that they were ever exposed to classified materials.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: kruphix
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Um, your link says that they have participated in calls since 2009. Congress has also been involved since 2009.

More manufactured outrage over nothing.

Do you even know what you are angry about? Does anyone anymore?

Yes...they have and yes Congress has been involved....however the Bergdahl's are NOT cleared for this. The administration and Obama are PREACHING security on this and how sensitive it is to the operation secrecy was, yet they allow private citizens with NO security clearance on video conference calls with the Taliban captors.

And yes I know what I am angry about....

No..No you don't. Where in the article you posted does it state that the Bergdahl's were on a conference call with the CAPTORS????

And BTW - Simply talking to Gov Agencies or Military officials is not cause for "Clearance"...you don't think they communicated differently when and when not the parents were on the line???

WTF...I can't tell if it is reading comprehension that fails or outright BS anymore with the manufactured rage..
edit on 11-6-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

originally posted by: nugget1

I honestly think his goal of a world to lead is, one where we fall on our knees 5 times a day to pray. At least that appears to me, the direction he is heading, and using his power to get there...

Des

The only religious fanatics I know of in US Gov are those with an (R) beside their name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join