White House reportedly let Bergdahl parents take part in secure video conferences....WTF??????

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This just wreaks of Obama's BS on how the situation was handled...so the ones that made the decision say they could not inform top officials of the trade, yet they keep private citizens with no security clearance in on it and even on the conference calls in person?????

WTF???????? Seriously?

The White House allowed the parents of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to take part in a series of secure video conferences with State Department and intelligence officials and senior military commanders, according to a published report.

The Washington Times reports that Bob and Jani Bergdahl were allowed to join the conferences remotely from the Idaho National Guard headquarters in Boise soon after their son was captured by the Taliban in June 2009.

A spokesman for the Idaho National Guard told the paper that the Bergdahls participated in up to 20 video conferences per year.

"Mr. and Mrs. Bergdahl were regularly informed about what was happening throughout the duration using video teleconferencing [with] various military and other government agencies," said Air Force Col. Anthony Marsano. "There was a great effort to keep Mr. and Mrs. Bergdahl updated on developments."

Source
edit on 6/9/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

But. . . .

Didn't Obama say that they couldn't inform, consult congress because they had to move quickly because the guy was sick?

Looks like this has been in the works for a while.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My take on this administration's approach to quelling any arguments - It's all an appeal to emotion, which works well for this new "hip" generation of unicorns and rainbows. For the older crowd, and the ones that have served honorably, this is a load of hogwash. I don't mind the parents being included in the conferences, I'm sure most of it was not at the heart of negotiations, but general updates regarding recent discussions. At the end of the day, I'm most disgusted with the idea of trading FIVE (read 5!) high level terrorists for ONE (read 1!) American. We've entered a new era and this is just the precedent. I'm sure Ronald Reagan is rolling in his grave right about now!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

He didn't tell congress like a child out back getting away with a nasty act.

He knew forgiveness is easier than permission and Congress would have shut his ass down cold if he's even HINTED at letting 5 top command members go for a deserter POW. Good God, Congress would have blown a fuse in some areas to have just learned ahead of time, THESE 5 were the trade and that it was actually going to happen.

Alas..we'll never know. Like the naughty child, he did what he wanted because HE wanted to and hell with law, regulation or good common sense. He knows all..and so knows better than everyone. (sigh)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
We have come to a point where if our own government says something I immediately hear it as the opposite of what they said. I figure I'll hear things more factually that way.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Gotta love how one of the spins was a worry of this getting out to the public for fear of the Taliban killing Bowe, yet they allow his non-security clearance holding parents on the freakin conference calls WITH the Taliban....so they trust his Muslim father MORE than Congress...that says a LOT about Obama and his loyalties....

This story should be getting more coverage than it is....this is a HUGE denial point on the current stance of not being able to allow Congress to know....they should be all over this right now.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Um, your link says that they have participated in calls since 2009. Congress has also been involved since 2009.

More manufactured outrage over nothing.

Do you even know what you are angry about? Does anyone anymore?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

really,you trust congress to keep a secret??

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You know, given that it is established fact by leak that they do monitor every single electronic communication for recording within the nation of Afghanistan? I not only understand now better why they were in a tizzy to keep THAT country name from being named in the mini-scandal popping right before this, I'm curious to hear more! Recall that with Greenwald's book and the 3rd mystery nation for 100% and total blanket NSA coverage? Hmmm...days before this.

Perhaps they didn't want the Taliban reminded that we were listening to them on the phone..off the phone...in the crapper...talking in their sleep. Basically, if they uttered it, someone in NSA recorded or directly listened to it.

Seems to me...this POW thing is a matter of great national importance for historical meaning.....right? So...Those recordings would all be of critical interest to the national historic record of events.....huh?

I want to hear those phone conversations. What is classified about them now that the deal is done, and all parties are back in their own corners? I believe we have the right to know what is being done in our name and HOW it's being done, especially when it's a closed matter and a done deal....as this now is.

Oh..how I would *LOVE* to hear just what was said, specifically, to the Taliban by those making friends to and dealing with them.
edit on 6/9/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
There is more to the bergdahl story than any of us will ever be told.
No one person can be so utterly stupid to just do what obama did just to save the a$$ of 1 dodgy american soldier/ traitor/ secret agent take your pick. There must be more. Did anyone tried to figure out the bergdahl family history or connections or something?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

Um, your link says that they have participated in calls since 2009. Congress has also been involved since 2009.

Yes...they have and yes Congress has been involved....however the Bergdahl's are NOT cleared for this. The administration and Obama are PREACHING security on this and how sensitive it is to the operation secrecy was, yet they allow private citizens with NO security clearance on video conference calls with the Taliban captors.

And yes I know what I am angry about....the lies and deceptions that this current POS President and his administration are consistently spewing about this very topic.

They can't claim in one breath that this was of utmost secrecy and importance, so much so that they could not notify congress, yet also allow citizens with no clearance in on the conversations.....complete BS.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: blkcwbyhat
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

really,you trust congress to keep a secret??

You'd use the security issues as a valid reason to bypass and short circuit the very basis our nation functions under? The 3 Branch system?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
One question I would LOVE to have answered is the nature of accountability. If a law was broken by the president, then why is he not being held accountable. Oh, right...Everyone is equal, but some are more equal than others.

I call for impeachment. "Period. Full stop. We don't condition that."

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
triblive.com...

even Panetta

“I said, ‘Wait, I have an obligation under the law,'” Panetta said during a lunchtime address at the Hart Energy Developing Unconventionals DUG East conference at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Downtown. “If I send prisoners from Guantanamo, they have to guarantee they don't go back to the battlefield. I had serious concerns.”

He said talks fell apart because the Taliban “asked for five top guys.” He did not say when during his 2011-13 tenure in the Pentagon that discussions took place.

Read more: triblive.com...
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What I would like to know is what, if any, surveillance was going on with the parents? They are included on highly classified calls about the operation with top officials, so what keeps daddy bergdahl from tweeting or calling or emailing any of the operations specifics to his beloved Taliban brethren?

This is such a FAIL on the US it is mind blowing. Numerous officials are saying they made every effort to keep the Bergdahls in the loop on this, yet they can't keep Congress in the loop. Numerous officials are also saying this has never happened before with a family member...

What is the real story behind this?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: kruphix

Yes...they have and yes Congress has been involved....however the Bergdahl's are NOT cleared for this. The administration and Obama are PREACHING security on this and how sensitive it is to the operation secrecy was, yet they allow private citizens with NO security clearance on video conference calls with the Taliban captors.

And yes I know what I am angry about....the lies and deceptions that this current POS President and his administration are consistently spewing about this very topic.

They can't claim in one breath that this was of utmost secrecy and importance, so much so that they could not notify congress, yet also allow citizens with no clearance in on the conversations.....complete BS.

I love how you are making up a story in your head.

Where does it say in the article that they had conferences with the Taliban captors? Where does it say that these conference calls were classified? Why would they need clearance to be informed about their own son's status?

This is what YOUR article says:

"Mr. and Mrs. Bergdahl were regularly informed about what was happening throughout the duration using video teleconferencing [with] various military and other government agencies," said Air Force Col. Anthony Marsano. "There was a great effort to keep Mr. and Mrs. Bergdahl updated on developments."

But somehow, you read that and got that they are directly talking to the Taliban captors. You read the word "secure" and think "top secret/classified". Your anger clouds your thinking so much, that you seem to just make things up that are never actually stated.

Please show me where it is stated that they talked with the Taliban captors or that they joined "classified" meetings???

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

so what keeps daddy bergdahl from tweeting or calling or emailing any of the operations specifics to his beloved Taliban brethren?

And now you are saying that the father is in with the Taliban.

Does your make believe lies ever stop???

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: jrflipjr

Reagan rolling in his grave? Remember Iran Contra? Ronnie and his admin were apparently the originators of directly dealing with terrorists. If Obama had done that people would be calling for his head

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

But. . . .

Didn't Obama say that they couldn't inform, consult congress because they had to move quickly because the guy was sick?

Looks like this has been in the works for a while.

Obama must have thought he was supposed to insult Congress, because that is what he did.
He must have misread the law.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: moresco
a reply to: jrflipjr

Reagan rolling in his grave? Remember Iran Contra? Ronnie and his admin were apparently the originators of directly dealing with terrorists. If Obama had done that people would be calling for his head

QFT.

How quickly people forget or overlook things when it is their team cheating.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join