It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BK-food shrank again and KFC too.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You can buy a whole live chicken for less than a 3 piece at KFC. It takes about 5 minutes to pluck and clean one. Throw it on the grill and an hour later you have dinner for 4. Better yet, buy a few hens and rooster. Soon you'll have all the bird you can eat.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
You can buy a whole live chicken for less than a 3 piece at KFC. It takes about 5 minutes to pluck and clean one. Throw it on the grill and an hour later you have dinner for 4. Better yet, buy a few hens and rooster. Soon you'll have all the bird you can eat.

And my cats will have a blast!! lol!!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
If it keeps going at this rate in about 5 years you will be getting British portions at British prices.

I used to love a BK meal now and again, but i went in one with my mrs about 2 months ago and it would've cost 13 pounds for us both to have a fast food meal. I walked out .

Instead I went over the road to a pub(Whetherspoons) had a sit down meal, I had a steak and my wife had a mixed grill, a bottle of shiraz to share and it cost 1 pound more than it would've cost for a burger each.

How Burger King are still trading I'll never know lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I've noticed this as well, the few times I eat out. What really is bothering me is when grocery shopping. They think we are stupid, and don't notice the lower OZ's on the boxes of everything. Cereal, crackers, noodles, you name it.

Your getting so much less, for more money.

You would be amazed at how many people DON'T notice it I think. They started doing that a couple of years back and now it seems they are doing it again. People don't notice and that's why they can keep doing it without worrying about losing customers. People are in too big of a rush or too busy on their phones to do anything in the grocery store but pitch stuff into their buggies. They are certainly too busy to make their children behave or to use proper manners, why then would they care about the size of the box?

Everybody talks about a zombie apocalypse... It's already here.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The last time companies did this was in 2007/08/09....and we know what happened then...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: samlf3rd

It's not just the fast food chains doing this, but food in general is going up all the time while the size just keeps going down. I remember when a pack of Smith's chips (crisps to you Americans) was around the 250g mark for about $1.80, which was only in the 90's.

Nowadays it's down to 175-150g and is priced usually around the $3 mark. We've lost a third of the packet weight, and the price has almost doubled.

I don't bother with the fast food chains these days, Subway and either Pizza Hut or Eagle Boys Pizza is all I'll bother with, and rarely too. By the time you spend for 2-3 kids and 2 adults, the total cost is upwards of $40+. You can go to the pub or the local asian joint and get a proper sit down meal and drinks for close to that, and you generally don't feel hungry again 1/2 hour after eating it either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join