It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BK-food shrank again and KFC too.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well, it looks like the food companies are it again with giving us less and less food for more expensive prices. Although I love the taste of BK my family and I went there yesterday and I had a Chicken Big King, my son a Big Fish, and my wife a Big King. I was shocked to look down at my hand and see a little mini burger. I could hold it with just a few fingers. I have to wonder if I am eating mere cardboard and styrofoam and if they are giving us no real food in there anymore.

At KFC I bought a "Snacker" once. The chicken was so minute I couldn't believe they are allowed to sell that (it can't get any smaller it's hilarious). As now the trend will continue, and other restaurants will say "Well they by those tiny proportions at other restaurants-Why not ours?).

Everything is getting smaller, cheaper, and more disgusting. Even though we rarely eat the stuff the fact is that we are making some people very rich for nothing, and they keep taking what little they give us away. Why in the hell do we eat their paste(s)?

You know lunch meat is like $6 a pound, a loaf of bread $2 and a bag of chips/veggies is a few dollars. For $17 from BK I got about 1/8 of what I could've purchased from the store myself. I could've purchased like 10 very juicy and low fat hamburger patties for $10. I will remember that next time I am hungry. I can wait until I get home from now on and enjoy the taste of some real food not over-priced paste for much less-and without a nasty feeling in my stomach. Go at least eat from a small-town restaurant that may give you better quality. By local.

Rant Complete...
edit on 9-6-2014 by samlf3rd because: Edited

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: samlf3rd
No sympathy from me.
My idea of fast/junk food is the pre formed frozen hamburger patties sold at Costco.
Otherwise I eat real food, takes a bit longer but well worth the prep time.
Do you know what does eat out of boxes and bags?
Livestock!
Never eat out of a box or bag..

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: g146541
No sympathy from me.
My idea of fast/junk food is the pre formed frozen hamburger patties sold at Costco.
Otherwise I eat real food, takes a bit longer but well worth the prep time.
Do you know what does eat out of boxes and bags?
Livestock!
Never eat out of a box or bag..

We do eat a lot of organic everything and some natural (I would rather by natural than reg). We try, but it is just funny what they do year after year. I guess that is why it is so noticeable to me-becuase I rarely ever eat there.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I jumped off the fast food wagon a while ago. Health reasons aside, it's not even economical to eat fast food anymore. It's like $6 dollars for a Big Mac!--and it's hardly a meal that leaves me feeling full and satisfied. I can get a real, big, gourmet hamburger up the road for nearly the same price. You do have to wait a few minutes for them to cook it though. People will continue to pay for quick and convenient--it's the only reason fast food is still thriving.

Fast food pros: Convenient

Fast food cons: Too expensive to buy, not nutritional enough to eat, taste and quality is hit-and-miss

My microwave just broke down and I'm still debating whether I need to buy a new one or not. It's quick and convenient, but I've also noticed I'm eating less, and much healthier. Not altogether a bad trade.

edit on 9-6-2014 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: samlf3rd
Why in the hell do we eat their paste(s)?

Who's we? I don't eat that crap. Not anymore. Nothing good about the BK experience.

I've been eating gas station food instead. Quick Trip and Sphinx have some good sandwiches among other things. I go there about once a day.
edit on 9-6-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Fast food cons: Too expensive to buy, not nutritional enough to eat, taste and quality is hit-and-miss

Don't forget that they usually get your order wrong.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I noticed how food packages are shrinking on a continuing basis.
Last year I bought some tuna, and the can was noticeably smaller than the ones in my cupboard. When I bought soup and vegetables, same thing.
I recently bought cereal, and noticed how much shorter the box was. Thinking perhaps they were compacting the size of containers as a cost saving measure, I set out to check content; less cereal than in previous months, and the price had gone up!
Then I compared the amount in the new canned goods to my older store, and found they are giving us less product, but increasing price on a regular basis.

If I didn't live so far from a shopping center, I wouldn't be keeping as large a reserve on hand and might have never noticed.
The CEO's of companies enjoy ever-increasing salaries and bonus packages on the backs of the consumers and working poor. While it may be legal, it certainly doesn't seem ethical- or humane.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I like to stop an BK and KFC a couple of times a year for nostalgia purposes. I quit eating that kind of food over the years. It used to be cheaper than eating good food, I always got the Whopper or fish sandwiches when they were a buck. Not like that anymore, now their specials are two for five bucks.

Raising costs of labor are some of the reason for this increase. Also, less people are going out to those places anymore here and buying full priced meals because of the downturn we experienced in the economy.

That is ok though, now this highly processed food is about the same price as preparing good meals at home. It was supposed to be convenience food, not food that could be bought cheaper than we can make it ourselves. I was pricing up Egg cartons one day, twenty five cents a piece, if you bought a thousand it droped to about seventeen cents. Yet big companies got to buy them at extremely high quantities about a nickel, that was under the cost of producing them, but it increased volume and these carton companies made money on everyone but big business. This is how our country works. Big business supports big business...we get the shaft. Birds of a feather flock together after all.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I must admit I,my a slave to the fast food triple cheese burger with bacon (mmmmm). But I can,to stand the poor service, wrong orders, cold fries... Now let,s pause there! COLD FRIES! That is just nasty. The burger, hmmm... Once I went back to complain I was missing a patty. The clerk opened the sandwich and pointed out it was covered in cheese. The patty was so thin it looked like the cheese slice. Ha! Micky D's you're loosing me.
In regards to the microwave, we haven't had a microwave for the last 4 years. We really only used it to reheat coffee and frozen fast food. We definitely eat better at home. I can't say much for my take out habit though the more I eat it gets easier to eat.

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I've noticed this as well, the few times I eat out. What really is bothering me is when grocery shopping. They think we are stupid, and don't notice the lower OZ's on the boxes of everything. Cereal, crackers, noodles, you name it.

Your getting so much less, for more money.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think the reason companies such as Burger King (Hungry Jacks where I'm from) and Kentucky Fried Chicken keep reducing the size of their basic meals whilst increasing the prices lies in the fact that there is a greater percentage of the population who rely on their food every year, for whatever reason.
In Australia the price of cigarettes and beer continues to climb due to heavy government tariffs. The Government knows they can keep taxing these products more and more because a loyal (addicted) percentage of the population will keep paying for them.
I eat from these establishments occasionally, I don't smoke but I love a beer. I brew my own but I still go down to the pub and pay ridiculous prices for a pint because I like the pub. The government and the companies know I'll keep going to the pub and paying stupid prices, and on the way home I'll stop at KFC and eat their chicken (only hot and spicy not that original rubbish).
Am I an idiot, yes, but I live to live. Are these corporations evil for trying to increase their margins when they know full well that their largest base of customers will keep coming back even if they snip a few grams off their burgers and chicken thighs? It's capitalism in the sense that I understand it to be. Everyone has a choice, to a certain degree. Certainly everyone who has enough money has a decision to make, shall I purchase a big mac and fries despite the fact that they are taking advantage of my craving for one by lessening the serves?
I do understand your frustration though. It would be nice for a company whether they be serving free range gluton free organic mung beans or deep fried hog snouts to give a little back to the consumer. I believe in Santa, he's a lovely bloke but I don't think even he could convince Colonel Sanders to wind back the clock and provide value for money for a product which declines ever year.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I gave up on fast food a while ago. The only time i'd get fast food is if i am in a huuuge hurry, for coffee, or maybe a mcdonalds hashbrown - so good - but, if i am in a hurry, i can easily just go into a grocery store now days and grab a pre made sandwich for the same price, better quality, and more for my buck.

But, i guess as i get older i become more wise to preparing my own food, and well, i also worked in restaurants for several years, so i win the battle before i have to fight it.

My idea of a burger out, or fast food is going to a deli, a mom and pop burger joint, or, something along those lines, if its real fast food it's pizza, can't really go wrong with a slice.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Now if only they could shrink it down to nothing at all maybe we could start…mind you starting does not mean solved…but yes start to combat the obesity problems Americans face.
edit on 9-6-2014 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: samlf3rd
Well, it looks like the food companies are it again with giving us less and less food for more expensive prices.

I noticed exactly the same thing at Jack Astor's. I do go there frequently and most of the time I order the same thing. Saturday I noticed that they downsized the burger, fries and steak. I started complaining to the waitress and I got very upset when she tried to fool me by insisting that the sizes are right. Only after I mentioned that I'm a regular customer and I know how big is what I eat, she admitted that the management has decided to make everything smaller . I called the manager and I complained big time and I said that they've just lost a customer and that they should put it in the menu next time to let customers know that the size is smaller. They advertise different weight and charge more money for the lie. And it is not even a failing business. They're big and successful and their franchisee's are always full of people. Freaking crocks

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Now if only they could shrink it down to nothing at all maybe we could start…mind you starting does not me solved…but yes start to combat the obesity problems Americans face.

Haha! Too funny.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Well, I went to a BK in a service station at South Mimms in the south of England last week, and aside from the fact that food is always more expensive at service stations, I noted no difference in size, or satisfaction.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It's just so aggravating and really depressing that we do this to each other. I mean, I know it may not be you or I, but humans!? Eish!
Someone mentioned capitalism. Stupid name. Stupid ideal. "Let's skim off the top so we can make bigger profits" "And don't forget to overcharge, overcharge, overcharge!" "This is about money, I don't care about welfare" ...
well f^%$ you.

I'm really starting to think that being self-sufficient and living as much off of your own land, off your own steam, is the way to take the power back. And I mean that. It's not about being a hippie or going back to the stone age, it's that I'm bloody fed up with being treated like an animal, tired of this system which increasingly exploits us and earns monetary gain essentially off of our misery. They would keep these gears in place forever. But the chains are rusting... soon... soon

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I went to KFC yesterday. Because the night before I talked to someone on here about KFC.. and had a hankering for it! lol!!

I took away the 3 piece meal deal all white meat (two breast one wing mashed potatos w/gravy, coled slaw, biscuit and honey packs and a drink) it cost $8.52. I got lunch and dinner out of that. Not bad for a single dude ..I thought.
edit on 9-6-2014 by RUFFREADY because: forgot the biscuit aand honey packs

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I had an ex-girlfriend who would order "Small Macs" when we went to Mcdonalds.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Food for thought lol
I was meeting my son one afternoon at the pub, we arranged to meet at 2.30 pm.
Time was slipping by so I rang him "where are you" he had stopped in at Mc Doanlds for something to eat,
When he finally arrived at the pub I asked him how much it cost for his lunch, $8.75 he said, well boyo you could have had a cooked pub meal for $11.00 which includes a pint of beer.

He won't do that again.

Where I live Pubs are keeping kitchens open from 11am to 11pm daily, you can order at any time during those hours which is good for us tradies who finish work at different times.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join