It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any Christians answer this?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

TextThis is a really big leap of logic here. "Image' and "Likeness", just means that there is a model, and the making of something to match it. It isn't properly two different things, it is just two steps in the describing of what happened.

Yes I agree. Image and likeness does mean that there is a model and my theology dictates that the Creator is that model which is His image and likeness. This is shown very clearly as in the Genesis account of creating Adam.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Of course in any theology you will have variance in belief. That is why it is theology. Of course I speak from a monotheistic point of view which is probably in contrast to many other opinions. If the Creator had any sort of help in creation then He would not be omnipotent. That is in my view.

I also agree that this is two steps in describing what happened. If the scripture would have simply stated that God made man as it pleased Him then I would have a different aspect of the Creator but in my understanding I must take into account numerous other scriptures which agree with the concept that the Creator can and has shown Himself as both visible and invisible. The scriptures declare that the Creator God is total spirit and invisible to our creation. They also declare that the Word of God is the visibility of the invisible Spirit God. Therefore I agree that the creation of man was twofold.

The image of man is the soul or body while the likeness of man is the celestial portion of spirit. As Adam was created he was a lifeless soul of terrestrial creation. As he received the portion of life (spirit) he then became a living soul. Now naturally I cannot prove one bit of this and I realize it is all theology but that is the first Christian teaching on this matter and that is what I have been taught. I do not believe that any of this is metaphor or parable.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: thisguy27

Text WE DID NOT GROW FROM MONKEYS TO HUMAN OVERNIGHT YOU STUPID CREATIONIST IDIOTS, WE DID IT OVER MILLIONS OF YEARS

Yes, you could be right. You may very well have evolved from a monkey and I will not dispute your source.

Now while you were evolving from a monkey my Creator created my ancestor after His image and likeness. We now have sons of God and monkey men. I am a descendant of the sons of God and not monkey men. I don't hate monkey men but it appears that you have a problem with sons of God. Can you tell me more about your god who made your monkey ancestors?

Don't get so upset. There is nothing that either one of can do about this. We are all going to die and maybe there is a monkey heaven that I will not be allowed to enter and maybe there is a sons of God heaven that you will not be allowed to enter. We will just have to wait and see.

posted on Jun, 13 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Of course I speak from a monotheistic point of view which is probably in contrast to many other opinions. If the Creator had any sort of help in creation then He would not be omnipotent.
You have unresolvable issues if you hold to those premises (monotheism, creator, omnipotent).
You seem to be grasping in order to support those.
The easier thing would be to discount those as later Medieval inventions, rather than actual biblical teachings.
The alternative would be that the universe existed, but a friendly environment to support human life didn't.
God fixed that problem in a way not available to the humans themselves.
Fundamental to Old Testament theology is the idea that there is constant tension between order and chaos, something beyond the ability of God to eliminate completely.
God has an ongoing part in human life to counteract the destructive nature of the world that we live in, that it seems to always want to revert to.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jester420 Just for starter I'm a Pentecostal Christian. The answer for your question is not in the Bible. You need to read The Kabbalah, The Zohar, the apocryphal books and so on... They have a more detailed description of what you are looking for. But you just don't read those books, you need someone that can explain it to you.

You are looking for Light. Look to the East.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join