It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any Christians answer this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I was having a great conversation with my farther last night. He is a pentecostal christian, and my self had been to church for about 6 years in my youth, as well as going to a private christian college,
I ask some questions and he found them really hard to answer, using the bible proved no help.
1: When, according to your belief, was the world created? Proof/evidence needed, as in particular bible verses.
2: How was the world created? I know that according to the bible,God created the earth, but how?

Please let me know what you think.
edit on 9-6-2014 by jester420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: jester420

Look to science my friend.

They say our universe started with a big bang - how did it happen? Why did it happen? Was it a who that caused it to happen or was it pure random happen stance?

I choose to believe it was not random chance that called the universe into existence. There is too much order among the chaos out there for it to be the only reason. Which leaves intelligent design and a designer aka God.

My favorite quote to explain why we cannot fully understand the nature of things like how it all started comes from the movie 'The Mothman Prophecies' when facing the being that is the mothman and questioning it's intentions and purpose, the main actor is asked 'how would you explain yourself to a cockroach?'

That's how I perceive God; infinitely more advanced than our human intellects can understand.

edit on 9-6-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

1: When, according to your belief, was the world created? Proof/evidence needed, as in particular bible verses.

It depends: earth or Earth? One happened before day one ... one happened on day three. How long is a day to God?

2: How was the world created? I know that according to the bible,God created the earth, but how?

Better left to someone smarter than me ... but you Know you're not getting an answer you can believe. Hell, people aren't even sure about the pyramids ... or the megalithic structure you can find above and below sea level. Let me ask you this: is it really important?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   

1. Nobody knows.. when giving this question to scientists there is no scientific proof of the age of the earth and universe either.
2. Answer is no one knows.. can you understand how divine works are you at the same level ? What comes to days in genesis my science teacher said that we don´t know how long in human days is a day of the God.. so it might be millions of years long.. So its only speculation and creationism is not necessarily ruling scientific views out or vice versa.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Heres where I am at. Something came across the discovery channel about the Earth being millions and millions of years old, and my farther said its not, so I asked him why he believed that and he said its in the bible, He couldnt find anywhere the age of the Earth, and I have heard many a christian exclaim that science is wrong about the age, but never has a man of faith been able to show any credibility about it being younger, it seems if science says so then religion cannot agree.
I really cannot say I know or understand enough to have a belief on the matter, I really am not 100% sure, although I theroise that the a god created light with spoken word, hence being a vibration and the begining of time was started with a vibration, hence the big bang.

TBH I typed up a really good summary just before but hit the back button and it didnt post,
I wish I could explain it further, give it a few minutes and it will come back to me...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
And to point, my farther was adamint that his god spoke the universe into being, although the verse goes: GEN 1v1:
In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.

That right there does not mean to say he SPOKE it into excistance.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
and those say that BB never happen

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

well the sumerian kings list goes back a few hundred thousand years. so if we equate the first king on the kings list with adam, we still have the issue of prior dispensations. what that means is, how many other sentient life forms were on this planet, prior to homo sapiens? some scholars believe the pre-adamite world was populated by a sentient race later known as angels, which if you follow the etymology of some of the angelic race names, you find one that is defined as a reptile/serpent, or seraph. this suggests the time of the dinosaurs also hosted a race of sentient reptiles, some of who later became a race of angels called the seraphim.

now we've gone back as far as the dinosaurs. what happens prior to that, only science appears ready to answer, although some alternative history texts try, such as robert morningsky's terra papers:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

as far as the big bang is concerned, well i have some interesting news for you!

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
In my opinion the Earth has been here for millions of years and home to billions of humans and other creatures during that period.

70% covered in water, this current civilization has barely scratched the surface as to how it was created - the best we can come up with involves a gigantic explosion!

It is also my opinion that the Bible focuses from the very beginning on a particular bloodline and does not articulate clearly enough to arrive at "when" and "how" the earth was made.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You will not find any scientific details on genesis within the Bible or any other philosophical historical texts. One, the transcribed texts were oratory handed down for generations before they were finally saved in written form. Two, mankind in the past could never comprehend specific details, for they still perceived their world only from their day to day observations.

Not saying that Science has all the answers for even with how far it has come, it still cannot ascertain past a certain point without hypothesis and theories. If one gets past the old idea that God is an individual as our physical presence, then science discoveries will open your mind to a more in depth view of Genesis.

Only Mankind's perceptions limit the truth of the creation/origin discovery in Science and in religious texts. The big Bang theory only goes back to the initial singularity...how that evolved has yet to be discovered. Increase your knowledge scientifically and you will be finding your own truth within the bible texts.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Mans scientific dating methods are not consistent enough to say for sure on the age .From a biblical perspective it doesn't seem to be all that old . Its interesting to consider the double slit experiment as to the how part .It would seem that all we can observe is a manifestation of a much higher conscience .In order to have a bang there had to be a sound . The big bang theory (pick one)because there are a few does not make sense to people with much higher abilities to discern the different theory's . The bible doesn't offer the smoking gun prof you might wish it did .God requires us to exercise faith . a reply to: jester420

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: jester420
I was having a great conversation with my farther last night. He is a pentecostal christian, and my self had been to church for about 6 years in my youth, as well as going to a private christian college,
I ask some questions and he found them really hard to answer, using the bible proved no help.

Consider the source. You might want to ask Jesus, don't you know you can ask him things?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
In finnish mythology and national epic Kalevala, universe was created from the fragments of egg ( big bang ) laid by divine duck.

One egg's lower half transformed
And became the earth below,
And its upper half transmuted
And became the sky above;
From the yolk the sun was made,
Light of day to shine upon us;
From the white the moon was formed,
Light of night to gleam above us;
All the colored brighter bits
Rose to be the stars of heaven
And the darker crumbs changed into
Clouds and cloudlets in the sky.

It also has explanation of the forming the continents ( 7 of them ) and before there were a land lightnings and storms were striking the ocean.. intresting...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

, using the bible proved no help.

1. When? It was created in the ''beginning''. Biblical proof is genesis 1:1. 2. How? God spoke all matter into existence...which through the natural laws he put in place, settled down as galaxies, stars and planets including ours.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

genesis is actually a bit of a science book. but you need to know science in the first place to recognize it, and then you need to read the text as if it actually has pertinent science in it, to find it. since these two disciplines have been forcibly divided from each other, ne'er the twain shall meet (apparently).

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I'm Christian ... I'll answer.
But please be aware, different Christians will have different answers.

When, according to your belief, was the world created? Proof/evidence needed, as in particular bible verses.

The bible has creation myths and those are not to be read literally. The world was created billions of years ago. The proof - science.

2: How was the world created?

The exact method of creation ... still debated. Current and most plausible theory is the big bang theory.

HOWEVER and WHENEVER the world was created, it was done so by God's guiding hand. He is the creator and He can use whatever method, in whatever time frame, He wishes.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

oh i thought you were wiccan? you are quite the anomalie. i keep thinking...wait, no he/she is catholic. no, wiccan. no, atheist. no, catholic. and this has gone on for well, since the first time i started reading your posts. hehe

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: undo
I must have not been clear in my earlier post, I believe there is science knowledge within ancient bible texts. I just stated that the details were generalized and mispercieved by the perceptions of early man. I believe there are still more scientific seeds within the religious texts, that upon understanding will advance mankinds science knowledge even more.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

okay, that's what i'm thinking as well. just misunderstanding, but do you think some people did know and just didn't want to reveal it to the common folk?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: undo
Actually, most of mankind limited their discovery of truth when confronted with curiosities, they chose to just be satisfied that 'God's mysterious ways'. They were not encouraged to explore deeper. Could some have had insight and not share? Man is intelligent, but even some of the most recent discoveries regarding protons, neutrons, quarks, neutrinos, and Higgs boson are only perceived due to our technological advancements of discovery. I don't believe early man would be able to comprehend such natures, so certainly could not have any insight to share with others.

Quite honestly, in a few hundred more years, our current insight will probably seem obtuse to future mankind. Now, if there was another advanced civilization earlier, I have no idea. If they were here the same time as early man, they would have no way to communicate their insights understandably, I would suppose.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join