It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay this is a strange topic: things people do every day that movies leave out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
its all about the movie actually... that the absence of certain things makes it ridiculous when you think of it.
Superhero movies are the funniest...

Robocop never had an itch or had to scratch his nose or take something from his eye...
We never saw Rambo # in the woods or into a bag to hide his tracks. We never saw Wolverine taking a dump either
Ironman never had the urge to take a piss mid flight...
Batman never went sick and couldnt go out "that night" and had to call Gordon to call it off and to shut down that damn signal.
Why isnt there one stupid hero that chews his fingernails? If I had to choose one... it would be Sabertooth. But no... noone bites their nails in movies.
We never saw who washes all those damn uniforms and costumes!!! And who fixes them?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
As for feminine things. Have you not seen "Kill Bill" ? Uma Thurman in that had a permanent strop on. I appologise to all women for that statement. When in an all out fire fight they very very rarely reload.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I've never seen a scene where someone walks into a bathroom and says, "Damn! Something died in here! Next time, light a match!"

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You never ever see anyone pay their cab fair. Or pay their restaurant bill. Cops never re-loading. No one ever takes medication on camera.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I am sure people don't like to watch someone having sex or fighting or peeing or vomiting or getting rapped or other nasty stuff happening to them at all...

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Nobody uses a mouse when they use a computer.

They just starts typing like a maniac and voila, they get what they want.

When they have bunch of key, they exactly know which ones open the door without looking.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur

I am sure people don't like to watch someone having sex or fighting or peeing or vomiting or getting rapped or other nasty stuff happening to them at all...

I dont want to see it, i want them to just excuse themselves on occasion.

originally posted by: luciddream
Nobody uses a mouse when they use a computer.

They just starts typing like a maniac and voila, they get what they want.

When they have bunch of key, they exactly know which ones open the door without looking.

actually as an IT guy, this one bugs me.

Without using a mouse or anything but a keyboard, on a machine they dont know, 20 key taps and they have hacked into cia stuff.

Do you realise how much trouble the IT people at the CIA would be if it was that easy?

Or traffic cameras, "tap tap tap, we're in, all traffic cams and for some reason license plate recognition" - um sorry but thats insanely impossible in 30 seconds if you were to apply the same movie logic to computers and hacking, you may as well have bullets the go round corners because thats the strange realistic comparison.

edit on b4343149 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: Dapaga
They never say, "goodbye" on the telephone

I never say 'goodbye' at the end of my phone conversations.
I just hang up.

Things they don't do in movies ....
No one ever has a head cold or has to shower or poop during drama movies.

Yeah, seems like pooping and farting are relegated to the comedy section. That movie with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy (The Heat) had a scene where McCarthy's character says something like "Who takes a dump with the door closed?" when they are in her apartment. Don't worry - I rented it.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
What I love is seeing someone fire off about 50 rounds from a semi-auto weapon, or even an automatic weapon and not need to reload. Or you see them reload once when they would have had to have had at least a half dozen clips with them.

I mean, heck, I always carry a half dozen full clips with me wherever I go.....(talk about making your jacket hang on you..lol You would probably be constantly searched for shoplifting if you had a half dozen clips on you).

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Yeah, lol, hacking is always treated as if there is some kind of magic going on instead of something realistic.

Facts? Reality? Get in the way of a good movie? Nevah!!!

The hokiest hacker depiction was in the movie Hackers ... that early Angelina movie. I loved that movie...not cause of the hacking part but I just liked watching a young Angelina before she turned into Skeletor.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Alternatively, how about when they stick in too much in a time relevant sequence? Kind of like a scene where they have 5 minutes or less to disable a bomb and the entire sequence takes 10-15 minutes. Time is relevant and irrelevant in that scenario. It chafes me.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What about the males need for routinely flushing his hydrant to take the pressure off. I am not saying it has to be shown, but Pete's sakes why no references? At some point, most men need to take the edge off. I mean how can writers resist the morning 'woody'! I suppose for women as well, but women can seem to withstand the build up for longer periods than men. Lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I know this is not quite what you asked for, but you reminded me of this: something they do that the regular Joe doesn't...

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
How about when they are done with the sex scene and the guy jumps straight off her and jumps around like a spring gazelle, no after-wood, no mess, no fuss hes not even tired!

Wish i was that fresh after, you know... "after".

posted on Jun, 10 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Most of the people I know smoke cigs but you'll be hard pressed to find a smoker in a flick from the last quarter century or so.

posted on Jun, 11 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Id like to see Tarantino take on a sci fi.

Can you even imagine if the premise for aliens was him and not riddly scot, man i wanna see that just to find out even if its not a good idea

Ha! even starship troopers, that'll be a hoot Tarantino style.
edit on b5757616 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Do you really want to see these things? Besides, SOME movies do show it, but mostly for humor purposes. Game of Thrones just killed a major character while sitting on the toilet though, so, you know......

In 24 though, would be funny to just see Jack in a Mickey Dee's chowing on a breakfast burrito, wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 16 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gazrok

Could you edit out that game of thrones comment i havnt watched the finale yet =/

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join