It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when you're black and you walk down the street

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Lipton

Why do white people always think because they either know, dating or married to a person of color that it gives them a free pass to be racist?

I always hear this before they say something completely idiotic...I'm Native American..so I usually hear.."I know this native guy who agrees that everywhere we go there is always a drunken Native or whatever stereotype they want to talk about".

You can try and hide it but your ignorance shows up, loud and clear.

Dressing or acting a certain way(if it harms no one or places anyone in danger) is not illegal..last I heard.
By the way..at what part in the video did this guy warrant a stop by the place..was it talking in the cam, or talking about his art show..what part of this was highly suspect to you.

When do you stereotype? Why? Since your "supposedly" married to a black person..does this give you a free pass to be racist?

edit on 9-6-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I have soooo many stories.
But this is NOT the place for that. People here are like in the 1800's. I will not group everyone into one box, because I see the 'real' humans here posting.

What most fail to understanding, this is like practice for them for what is to come. Some people will try to justify this non-sense to purport their own hidden racism, knowingly or unknowingly.

Dr. King said it best
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.

.....and still don't believe......

To the people above. Ghetto, Ghetto, Ghetto....... We aren't in Germany so their aren't ghettos ANYWHERE IN N.AMERICA. Due to some individuals ignorance and due to the limited scope of our language I know its hard for you to mention our brethren without all of these fictitious labels and misnomers that were placed upon (US) but you have to do better than that. This goes for the adjective "black" also. Would you ever call someone a Negro??? Totally inappropriate right!?! Okay well it is the exact same word. When you ask for corn do you say let me have some yellow??!! Originally the word only described the surface of an object not a person, until people made it so by re/deducing a person's civil capacity to that of an object......And I don't care if it was George Washington or George Washington Carver, its incorrect, on ALL avenues. You must live under a rock or worship the news because you sound so uninformed.

Go read a book about so called "blacks" and inform yourself about them. Start with the "Greeks" view of Africa so you can create a timeline and develop a better understanding without western prejudice.

No it doesn't happen to everyone. I have been pulled over just because the sun is out. I was even parked at a gas station, getting snacks, and a cop once told me "I pulled into here because I didn't know if you were going to rob the place or not". I was pissed, mind you this is after a 5am-3:30pm shift. I was done with this story but I decided to add the cherry. I was with my step-dad and after a 2 minute discussion to determine if we were lying or not we were outside of the car, frisked and in 10 minutes we accumulated at least 5-7 cars....I can literally go on all day.
This is the way they were trained. I can't speak for every state because I just recently moved to NV and it is completely different than Cali. The sheriff are a despicable, atrocious RACIST organization.

You should here some of the oral history from home owners when Lynwood,CA installed a sheriff department.

Thank you guys for your positive post regarding the op.
....and onslaught you hit the nail on the head my bro.
edit on 9-6-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

edit on 9-6-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm not going to say the individual did anything right or wrong. From the responses, I can see a lot of extrapolation. Were you on the radio listening, or do you know if the individual had a warrant out on him? Was a call placed fitting the individuals description?

More than likely there will be a resounding NO!

This is not to say this is not racial profiling or whatever you want to debate. However most are missing some keen facts. It's just a video. We as civil serfs don't know exactly what transpired except through a third person video and then the extrapolation begins.

Great detective work Jr. McGrubbers~

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sulaw

I am unsure, if you had watched the same video we did? At no point in time, did the police officer say what he was doing. If there was a warrant out for his arrest...would he have not said something?

From what I see..guy walking down the street and talking about a successful art show, cops drive b and turn around, exit car, no questions, place the individual on the hood..no explanation and then attempt to trip him...couldn't..instead slams him on hood.

So where did you see that this was misinterpreted or perhaps we are wrong?

Or is it..because he is black..he must have done something wrong?
edit on 9-6-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Watch all the cop videos out there..good or bad.

One thing they have in common...they let the person know why they are being detained, be it for a good reason or a BS one..they always let them know..except for this guy.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
There was a time when the police were happy with and hoped for a slow night with no calls. Now it's like they are waiting for a feeding frenzy of a chance to inflict violence and control over anyone.

I love how often one runs up to get in a shove or kick before even knowing what is going on.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
lol people still living in world where the police don't do racial profiling? gtfo.

Then again, many have not experienced it it so they would not understand.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawleyWhy was he refusing to be searched?

Because it is his right. Here in America we have the right to go about freely without undue harassment. This man broke no laws if he wants to dance down the street it is his right as long as he isn't hurting anyone which he clearly wasn't. Everyone of these cops should be charged and the one in the yellow shirt should also be charged with assault along with the cop that started this.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Why was he refusing to be searched?

Ah.

Because that's his right as a citizen of the United States…does he need more of a reason? What you should be asking is why did the officers stop him, harass the group, assault multiple people in the group, and disregard those citizens rights?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Umm he is cussing and being obnoxious. Then starts doing some weird thing with his body.. I would see this and think mentally unstable and perhaps that is why someone is recording him, for evidence maybe. If your going to walk around outsude in public acting a fool someone will take notice. We also do not know before the video if cops were called or not for something else that the video does not show.
Firepiston

edit on 9-6-2014 by FirePiston because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FirePiston

Umm he is cussing and being obnoxious. Then starts doing some weird thing with his body.. I would see this and think mentally unstable and perhaps that is why someone is recording him, for evidence maybe. If your going to walk around outsude in public acting a fool someone will take notice. We also do not know before the video if cops were called or not for something else that the video does not show.
Firepiston

It's really scary that a person thinks like that. Given that rule, there is a huge number of people who will be arrested for obnoxious.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FirePiston

How the hell was acting like a fool?..

Also if they were called before hand..why do a pass by, then a turn around?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Umm he is cussing and being obnoxious.

With who? Obviously the person recording this had no problem with what he was saying.

Then starts doing some weird thing with his body..

Some people would liken that to dancing.

I would see this and think mentally unstable

Why because you don't do it? He wasn't hurting anyone or himself so why should the cops do anything?

We also do not know before the video if cops were called or not for something else that the video does not show.

He clearly says in the video they just got finished doing a show. And if he did just do something wrong would he be just casually walking down the street talking to a person with a camera?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Umm he is cussing and being obnoxious.

originally posted by: buster2010
With who? Obviously the person recording this had no problem with what he was saying.

How would the cop even know what they were saying or if they were saying anything at all...he was in his car driving down the street. When the cop pulled over, no one ran...hmm maybe another sign no one was doing anything wrong.

edit on 9-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
i think may be due to the more serious crime of 'being videotaped while black'. They should use this on those commercials for Vegas vacations.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hmmm.... If this is racially motivated and we want to assume that the two guys on the street and this cop have never..ever..had ANY contact before at all to have history..I have another question.

If we actually suggest race as the motive for the stop (and not..you know..like someone might have called on the spectacle these guys were making?) Are we suggesting that a couple casually dressed and quiet black folk walking down the street, minding their own business, would have drawn the same attention? If race is the issue, then I suppose we'd have to say yes. I find that hard to swallow.

Otherwise..perhaps it's the behavior for the two that draws attention for police to be summoned. It's just a hunch..but I'll guess (a real real educated one here) LVPD deals with the same guys, day in and day out, on the same streets, pulling the same stuff without let up. A whole assortment of them. It's part of what gives 'The Strip' it's charm and leaves the P.D. with endless cleanup and station keeping to keep the tourists from being harassed.

If he's a local artist, out on the Blvd loudly proclaiming N--- this and N--- that (Using the word lost ALL respect I had for the guy, on the spot) while making a show? Of course that will attract attention and someone WILL likely call to get it checked out, in a town where violence is a way of life away from one section of Las Vegas Blvd. and Capital murder cases are a very lucrative industry for how many OF them L.V. produces.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

My condolences. Apparently, the only "good cops" in LV are no longer with us.
No longer fighting tirelessly every day to help reform this sick and sadistic organized crime syndicate.

BTW, many war criminals were husbands and fathers. GWB, Dicky and Rummy etc. Doesn't mean a damn thing.

People can only take so much. You'll be sleeping inside the prison walls soon and wearing masks during the day. If there are other good cops in LV, you know what's coming. Get out now.

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

You set a pretty low threshold for crime. Guess you are pleased with the police state. So much for freedom of speech.

edit on 6/9/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
What does "had to peel a (n-word) for his (b-word)" mean?

posted on Jun, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Oh man, this is wrong on so many levels. This type of stuff has to stop. I could go in depth but what more needs to be said? It's pretty much self explanatory. No justification whatsoever for this. Thanks for the vid buddy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join